• XanManMom
    XanManMom Posts: 17 Member
    BUMP
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    My new favorite thread
  • wotsitaddict
    wotsitaddict Posts: 5 Member
    The best Roast Chicken you'll ever have! Take 2 apples + 1 small onion and cut in half and place in the bottom of the pot. Then put 4/5 balls of tinfoil in too. Set the chicken on top and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10. It literally falls off the bone and tastes amazing :)
  • kes0156
    kes0156 Posts: 3 Member
    going to read through all these and compile a list for myself!
  • da1syJane
    da1syJane Posts: 16 Member
    :)
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    crock pot chicken tacos

1 jar of salsa, your choice (i like newman's peach salsa)
    1 can of corn, drained & rinsed
    1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
    1 pound (or thereabouts) boneless skinless chicken breasts (can even still be frozen)

literally dump it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. shred with two forks and serve on tortillas or, as i like it, on a salad. YUM!
  • cbtebb
    cbtebb Posts: 34 Member
    Slow cooked beef stew

Beef (Asda do packets of beef chunks, or buy a piece and cut it up) - 200g per person (ish)
    White onion - 1 large will do
    Potatoes (optional but super tasty) - 1 large per 2 people
    Stock (I use Knorr stock cubes but its personal preference) - 1
    Vegetables (I use mixed frozen veg, but again personal pref) - 50g per person

Throw it all in and fill with boiling water to just above all the ingredients (might need to shake the pot to get it all to settle in). Leave it on auto (starts high and goes low, definitely the best option) or low. Best done in the morning for the evening meal.

Before serving add gravy granules, it doesn't matter how much it simply depends how thick you want it, but 1 tbsp should be enough for two people.

There you have it! An amazing beef stew and fairly healthy! The only bit that maybe isn't so is the potatoes but they can be swapped for sweet potato or just left out all together, it tastes amazing regardless!

If anyone decides to try this please to inbox me and tell me what you think as this is the first recipe I've written on the community and would love to hear your feedback!
  • summerfit20
    summerfit20 Posts: 10 Member
    Looking for new recipes!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 2016
    I made a version of this taco chicken recipe today. I did: 1lb of chicken breast, 1 can of black beans, 133g of frozen corn (not sure what that is in volume), 2 tsp of Trader Joe's taco seasoning, 1 tbsp cumin, some garlic and onion powder and oregano (didn't measure, sorry), 1/4 tsp salt, a 16oz jar of picante salsa. I left the cheese out because I can't eat dairy.

It came out very tasty, though a bit watery. Not sure what to do about that. I guess if you eat it on a large serving of rice then it doesn't matter, but I don't like to spend too many calories in rice. It's flavourful anyway, just a bit soupy.
  • imamyurdumb
    imamyurdumb Posts: 17 Member
    Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
    www.skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 8 • Size: 1 thigh, 1/2 cup sauce, veggies • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts*
    Calories: 126.2 • Fat: 2.8 g • Protein: 13.9 g • Carb: 9.2 g • Fiber: 0.6 g • Sugar: 4.1 g
    Sodium: 271.6 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

8 chicken thighs, with the bone, skin removed
    28 oz can crushed tomatoes (Tuttorosso my favorite!)
    1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
    1/2 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
    1/2 large onion, sliced
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 bay leaf
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    1/4 cup fresh herbs such as basil or parsley for topping
    Directions:

Quick method: Season chicken with salt and black pepper and place in the slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over the chicken, top with onions and peppers, add oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, give it a quick stir and cover. Set crock pot to LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours. When the timer beeps, remove lid and keep the crock pot on HIGH one hour to help it thicken.

Better method but requires more prep: Heat a large skillet over medium-high, lightly spray with oil (I use my Misto) and brown chicken on both sides a few minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add to the slow cooker. To the skillet, spray with a little more oil and add onions and peppers. Sauté until juices release and the vegetables become golden, a few minutes.

Add to the slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over the chicken and vegetables, add oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, give it a quick stir and cover. Set crock pot to LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.

Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-chicken-cacciatore/#rfbHLmUiGb8tgx1S.99
  • imamyurdumb
    imamyurdumb Posts: 17 Member
    Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: over 2/3 cup • Points+: 4 • Smart Points: 5
    Calories: 185.5 • Fat: 2 g • Protein: 27 g • Carbs: 13.5 g • Fiber: 0.7 g • Sugar: 10 g
    Sodium: 504 mg

Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
    black pepper, to taste
    1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup tomato paste
    3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tbsp water
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce, or more to taste
    1 heaping tbsp cornstarch
    1/4 cup water
    1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
    2 medium scallions, chopped for garnish
    Directions:

Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season with black pepper. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, 1 tbsp water, sesame oil, onion powder and sriracha hot chili sauce. Pour over chicken and cook on LOW 3-4 hours.

Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-sesame-honey-chicken/#mGdltE5BPzZ5MAoK.99
  • fit62781
    fit62781 Posts: 16 Member
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    bump
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Dried beans or chickpeas, plenty of water, overnight on high. They can be used in soup, a recipe, dips, anything! For feeding a family beans are a weekly staple at our house:)
  • aspire2lift
    aspire2lift Posts: 249 Member
    Need some new ideas for my much used crockpot!
  • Taylorgo90
    Taylorgo90 Posts: 56 Member
    I love chilli soups in crockpot!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    any Crockpot recipes for Chicken Marsala? or non Crockpot ones? lol

I can Google... I just haven't yet..had some the other day... OMG, delish! First time I'd tried it.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    any Crockpot recipes for Chicken Marsala? or non Crockpot ones? lol

I can Google... I just haven't yet..had some the other day... OMG, delish! First time I'd tried it.

This one!

http://www.theironyou.com/2015/01/easy-creamy-crock-pot-chicken-tikka.html

I made this the other day and it was pretty good, not too difficult to prepare. I found Garam Masala at Bulk Barn way cheaper than buying a jar from the supermarket, and I used coconut milk instead of cream to reduce the calories. (The chicken doesn't have to be organic, either, unless you want to pay extra!) Mine did not come out yellow like the pictures on that page, and I have no idea why his did - yes it's got turmeric in it, but not enough to cancel out the redness of the tomato sauce! Mine was, to be totally honest, a rather dull reddish brown... but it tasted good!

I don't like too much heat so I only used the 1/2 tsp of cayenne suggested, but I could have used a little more and still been able to eat it. So if you like your food spicy, go ahead and increase that!

It keeps in the fridge and was still tasty when we had some more 3-4 days later, and it also freezes well. :)
  • kookie634
    kookie634 Posts: 2 Member
    Crockpot cheeseburgers?? Tell me more
  • kaj9702
    kaj9702 Posts: 3 Member
    Chile Verde (Mexican Stewed Pork) is one of my favorites and it is easy with lots of leftovers that freeze well. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/chili-verde-mexican-stewed-pork/