MFP Runners Club 1/15/09

We just got hit with the artic blast today and the real feel temp was 8 this morning. While I am a brave soul, I am not brave enough to run in the 8 degree weather just yet. I opted to stay in bed and be warm. I hope everyone else has a nice run.

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    We just got hit with the artic blast today and the real feel temp was 8 this morning. While I am a brave soul, I am not brave enough to run in the 8 degree weather just yet. I opted to stay in bed and be warm. I hope everyone else has a nice run.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    We have -15 today and its sooo cold the schools were canceled. I love running but not enought to lose a toe or a finger:laugh: . So another elliptical day again today. At least I can watch Oprah while I workout.

Alisha:smile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    The cold even reached Florida, although we were only 40 this morning, so I still got my six miles in.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Wow, I couldnt even imagine -15 !! Stay warm guys!

No running for me, I'm headed to the gym to lift, and then I have a spinning class tonight!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    We have -15 today and its sooo cold the schools were canceled. I love running but not enought to lose a toe or a finger:laugh: . So another elliptical day again today. At least I can watch Oprah while I workout.

Yep, -20* here too. Kiddos out of school so not even a chance to run at the Y. Did my ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit #2 and 30 pushups. I think trying to stay warm burns more calories, right?? :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Burrrrr :wink:

If it gets to 45 here I am freezing, heck between living in AZ and HI below 70 and I am whining! :laugh:

Anyway, 3 miles for me and some core work!

Have a great day everyone, stay warm! :flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Wow, I couldnt even imagine -15 !! Stay warm guys!

No running for me, I'm headed to the gym to lift, and then I have a spinning class tonight!

Just kidding... the gym was closed this morning for a Combatives competition. So I ran instead, did 4 miles.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    BRR! Bundle up, guys!!! Hopefully the cold snap will pass soon. Sending sunshine your way!

I had a 60 min session with my trainer and then did 20 min on the stair mill thing that looks like an escalator. I HATE that machine because it's so hard! But it's good for me, I guess.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Only 2 miles today
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member

Yep, -20* here too. Kiddos out of school so not even a chance to run at the Y. Did my ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit #2 and 30 pushups. I think trying to stay warm burns more calories, right?? :laugh:
    Nothing keeps you warm like burning some calories:laugh: .
    That is right I had the kids doing tae bo yesterday. I am sooo sore. Guess I need to do it more often..

Alisha
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    4.16 miles today....
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    -15C! Thats nothing :tongue: Around christmas for a few weeks it was around -30C here. Now thats cold! haha

no run for me today. We went out Monday and Tuesday, then yesterday went cross country skiing for just over 2hours and burned over 1200cals. A little sore today from that. Tomorrow will be running though!
  • kasch
    kasch Posts: 35
    got in my 3 miles with a wind chill of zero! helped that hubby wanted to go as well. still worked up a sweat and boy did i need the extra calories! spin and group power tomorrow!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Only 2 miles today

2 miles more them me! :bigsmile:

C'mon spring!!!!!!!!! :drinker: