Team: The Slimsons

Replies

• Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    I had a rest day yesterday as I was too busy to fit anything in. Despite knowing rest days are important too I get annoyed when I have to have one. Today I was back in the gym though so feeling good again.

May up my calories next week as I'm so hungry all the time. My activity level is set at sedentary, think I'll change it by 1 as I do try to exercise a lot and never eat more because of it. I checked out how MFP will change and it'll give me 1350 calories a day instead of 1200.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Sorry team, I had a Chipotle chicken bowl for dinner. After I ate it I remembered the challenge. I will try and off at least half of the calories consumed. ;)
  • dillyg08
    I had a rest day yesterday as I was too busy to fit anything in. Despite knowing rest days are important too I get annoyed when I have to have one. Today I was back in the gym though so feeling good again.

May up my calories next week as I'm so hungry all the time. My activity level is set at sedentary, think I'll change it by 1 as I do try to exercise a lot and never eat more because of it. I checked out how MFP will change and it'll give me 1350 calories a day instead of 1200.

Rest days are important. It helps in allowing our bodies to repair.

You hardly eat anything. I think increasing your calorie intake might help with your metabolism as well.
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    @vbugsmom So sorry to hear you're having back problems. I know from experience how that can affect everything. But all's not lost; you're meeting your step goal so you're still burning calories.
    @Healthy4me4ever I think you should up your calories at least for a couple of weeks until you can find out how it will affect you. 1200 calories has to be really hard to maintain.
    @dillyg08 Girl get to work on that chipotle chicken bowl! :smiley:
  • doitnow0216
    @musicfan4life30 Nice loss for this week!
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    Hey everyone! I got out yesterday twice for walks. This cold weather is really starting to wear on me but I will push through it.
    The recipe for my Peanut Butter Fluff Banana Bites is:
    1/4 cup marshmallow cream
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
    Mix together and form into balls. Place on top of Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps. Top with a slice of banana and enjoy!
    Yesterday I did some food prepping and made Yogurt bites.
    Each bites is 1 tbs. Granola, 2 tbs. low fat yogurt and 2 fresh blackberries(can use fruit of your choice) Freeze and enjoy for a sweet snack. Approx. 36 calories per bite! 9ogo1plr2e9w.jpg

Today is gym day so I will be getting there later but will work on getting in a walk or two today as well.

@vbugsmom - Back problem are the worst. Good job keeping up with your steps. I hope you start feeling some relief soon!
    @Healthy4me4ever - Definitely try upping the calories. Sometimes we can put our body into starvation mode where it feels like it isn't going to get enough food and holds on tight to our reserves. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
    @dillyg08- That chicken bowl couldn't have been to horrendous on calories... at least you did not wrap it in the tortilla! :wink:
  • dillyg08
    I just love the camaraderie in here. You guys made me laugh about the Chipotle bowl. It was good, but too much much onion for me.

Yummy bites...looks delicious.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Had another good day with exercise and no junk food. Hope it will show on the scales on Friday.

Sadly we have a non weigher with Sunday as their weigh in day, I've sent a message but had no response. Hopefully they have just been busy and will report in before the week is over, otherwise we'll lose another team member
  • Healthy4me4ever
    I've been thinking about next week's mini team challenge. Previously water intake and a steps challenge have been suggested. What are everyone's thoughts on this, or do you have other suggestions? Steps for me is tough as I work in an office sat on my backside so would definately be a challenge for me.
  • doitnow0216
    Water and steps sound good to me. I work in an office too and the steps would definitely be a challenge but that's what we want, right?
  • vbugsmom
    vbugsmom Posts: 28 Member
    I really struggle with my water. So I think water and steps would be a great challenge.
  • vbugsmom
    I just did my weigh in. I lost 5.3 pounds. I'm so happy about that. I tried really hard and it paid off.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    vbugsmom wrote: »
    I just did my weigh in. I lost 5.3 pounds. I'm so happy about that. I tried really hard and it paid off.

And you should be!! That's fantastic!! Great job!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Wow @vbugsmom what an amazing loss. So you should be happy.
  • doitnow0216
    Great job @vbugsmom! That is outstanding!
  • vbugsmom
    Thank you all. @doitnow0216 you have done great too.
  • dillyg08
    Ditto on the weight loss.
  • dillyg08
    I'm down for the step and water challenge. I have a fitbit, so I'll increase my steps goal. I work in an office too, but I make myself get up and move.
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    I have been struggling with water lately... not sure why because that is all I drink but I am just not thirsty. :neutral: Steps for me have their good days and bad days. Sometimes I am over 12,000 and others I am sitting around 4,000. So both work for me!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    We have some brilliant losses this week., go Team Slimsons. One person left to weigh in, I tried to send him a message to remind him but I get 'unknown user' so not sure if that means we've lost him