Need ideas for chicken

I am cooking Chicken breast for dinner for hubby and I and I need some ideas on seasoning recipes etc. I have brocoli as a side... And go!

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Kinda depends on what you guys like. Rotel tomatoes. White pepper. Basil and lemon. BBQ sauce. Google what you might be interested in!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    stuff with ham and cheese, or garlic butter, or whatever fits in your plan. Paint with mustard (any, but I prefer Dijon) then sprinkle with herbs and bake. Make a light tomato sauce. Pound them out thinly and pan fry - no need to use breadcrumbs or egg, but you can if you wish. LOTS of ways to eat chicken breasts!!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    Chicken breast is basically a blank slate. Depends on what flavors or cuisine you feel like having. Marinating them in the fridge all day prior to cooking will add flavor, too.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    edited April 2016
    I like to pound them thin and sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook them on my foreman grill or a nonstick pan with a tiny bit of oil. I then cut the breast in two, spread one side with Babybel swiss and a couple thin pieces of ham. I then put the other piece of chicken on top like a sandwich. It's like a mock chicken corden bleu and it's pretty tasty. You can probably try it with other fillings, like ricotta and spinach or cooked mushroom and blue cheese.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I have a variety of marinades that I use depending on what I'm in the mood for...marinate it and throw it on the grill.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I love bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts just roasted with some salt and pepper, but I'm guessing that's not what you have.

My favorite for plain boneless would involve lemon and some olives.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    You can do Mexican style seasoning- cumin, chili powder, cinnamon and lime :)
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Liquid smoke and bbq that clucker
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Search chicken on Pinterest... there's a million results. Out favs are the Parmesean Ranch Chicken, Lemon Pepper, Shake-N-Bake, and the BBQ Chicken Salad
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Fried chicken
    yuuup or breaded italian chicken with risotto
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Chicken breast is basically a blank slate. Depends on what flavors or cuisine you feel like having. Marinating them in the fridge all day prior to cooking will add flavor, too.

this.. chicken breast is basically the potato of meat.. complete blank canvas
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Mince 4 garlic cloves, sautée them in a pan with a tbsp of butter, cook until fragrant, then add 3 tbsps of brown sugar and 4 tbsps of soy sauce, add chicken breasts and cook 6-7 minutes of each side and voila, easy and delicious chicken. :)

The leftover sauce from the pan is GREAT on veggies.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Get a Pataks Indian curry (or make from scratch)...or Thai curry.
  • chasidee90
    chasidee90 Posts: 25 Member
    brrrycicle wrote: »
    Mince 4 garlic cloves, sautée them in a pan with a tbsp of butter, cook until fragrant, then add 3 tbsps of brown sugar and 4 tbsps of soy sauce, add chicken breasts and cook 6-7 minutes of each side and voila, easy and delicious chicken. :)

The leftover sauce from the pan is GREAT on veggies.

This actually sounds really good I am def gonna try it! Thanks
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Something good with boneless skinless chicken thighs and super easy is to put in crock pot with chicken taco seasoning packs or whatever kind of seasoning you like, verde salsa and a little chicken broth and let cook all day and then shred and use over a salad. I weigh it to be 2-3 oz. so easy and super yummy for a quick meal and healthy too! Smells so good to walk into the house to this.
  • lindabalseca
    lindabalseca Posts: 16 Member
    ONIONS CILANTRO LIME CHOPPED GARLIC DICED TOMATOES AND SAUTEE TOGETHER
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    I like to put a tablespoon or two of salsa and about a 1/4 cup of cheese on them when they're about five minutes away from being cooked in the oven. Easy and delicious!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    My favorites for chicken

- sweet and sour chicken (you can look up a recipe, but I just cut the chicken, mix it with one egg and some cornstarch, cook it in a pan, then cook some onions and peppers, then mix it all up with some sweet and sour sauce)
    - this one is delicious http://www.thepinningmama.com/healthy-enchilada-chicken-bake-recipe/
    - this was tasty too http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chicken-broccoli-recipe/

When I don't mind spending more time cooking, I do some of skinnytaste's stuffed chicken breasts recipes.
  • beadgalsarita
    beadgalsarita Posts: 47 Member
    one of the best ways to cook chicken:

chicken tinga!
    http://www.muybuenocookbook.com/2011/05/chicken-tinga/

Note: I never use as much oil as her recipe calls for. 1T is usually plenty.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    one of the best ways to cook chicken:

chicken tinga!
    http://www.muybuenocookbook.com/2011/05/chicken-tinga/

Note: I never use as much oil as her recipe calls for. 1T is usually plenty.

That sounds amazing, thank you. She has a blackened tilapia taco that sounds real good too.