Team: Die Lard

Replies

• Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hey Team Die Lard! I hope everyone's having an awesome week. I'm hanging in. Last weekend I bought lots of healthy food, but I ran out of time and did not get it prepped. Knowing that my Friday weigh-in day is coming soon has really encouraged me to make good food choices in the evenings, and NOT resort to the drive thru! Yay, accountability!

I just read a good article on CNN that you might like: "How to Reduce Your Caloric Intake by 30%". Actually, I just read the slide show at the top of the page describing the "10 Most Filling Foods for Weight Loss." Probably none of these will be a surprise to anyone, but I really liked the brief descriptions about why these foods work well for weight loss. Most of them are quick and easy to prepare - just my style!

cnn.com/2016/04/13/health/how-to-eat-fewer-calories/index.html
  • poojaknsl
    poojaknsl Posts: 82 Member
    My inner thighs are so sore today not able to walk properly. I did new exercise day before yesterday. I think i cannot go to gym or do any exercise today. That sucks!!!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    poojak - what did you do that you're so sore?!

weighed in post vacation 2lbs+ my weight before...usually gain some weight when i fly, so hoping back to "normal" tomorrow...ugh...would hate to post a gain for this team!
  • Kayak97
    Hi All... I Hope everyone has had a nice weekend and congrats to all the winners!
    Feeling a little under the weather for the last few days, so I'll start my exercise regime up again tomorrow.
    Cheers!

Hi Lisa! How are you feeling? We haven't heard from you in a few days, so I was wondering about you. I hope you are feeling better!
  • Kayak97
    poojaknsl wrote: »
    My inner thighs are so sore today not able to walk properly. I did new exercise day before yesterday. I think i cannot go to gym or do any exercise today. That sucks!!!

Hi Pooja! So sorry you're sore. I'm not sure who coined the phrase "no pain, no gain." I'm sure it was not anyone starting a new exercise routine!
  • poojaknsl
    poojaknsl Posts: 82 Member
    @bpkal i did inner thigh machine for the first time in my life. Then i did 10 squats.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    @Kayak97 - Thanks for asking. This really hasn't been a good week... I'm still not feeling well and I've been trying to work and have had a bunch of doctors appointments. :( I'm ready to feel good again!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Another disappointing week. Down a little is still down I guess.
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Good Afternoon everyone, sorry I haven't checked in, been swamped with one thing or another. Will be honest my heads been bit out of it this week, but a loss is still a loss and I know my body is getting used to the routine so been trying to mix it up a bit.

no matter how small all loss is good :smiley:

For some bizarre reason while slightly intoxicated I made a bet with a friend to learn to skateboard and Ollie by December, they had to learn to ride a BMX. So for the first time in a decade I stepped back on the skateboard and obviously fell off...twice, both times doing the sodding splits. I genuinely cant remember aching this much afterwards! Why on earth did I think that was a good idea.

Anyway embarrassing stuff over with, well done everyone on the losses or even staying the same, keep on being positive, persistent and ultimately patient!

• Kayak97
    REMINDER: Please post your week 2 results ASAP; we don't want to lose anyone else! Many thanks to everyone who has already posted. Ladies, we're making progress every day! Die, lard, die!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Lol, you scared me, I thought I missed a weigh in! Sunday seems sooooo long ago! :D
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Way to Go Team Die Lard!! All of your members have submitted their weights for Week 2. Congratulations on being 12.5 lbs lighter! :smiley:
  • Kayak97
    edited April 2016
    Woo hoo! We lost a bowling ball in the past 7 days!!
    What can we do to lose a car tire this week, about 20 pounds? During week one, I walked about an extra 20,000 steps, and lost twice as much. I need to up my exercise again this week. Planning to wear out my tennis shoes during April!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll have about 325 squats in this week, 9.5 miles run, arms video done each day. We'll be traveling all day tomorrow for a couple of soccer games, hopefully there'll be time for a decent walk to offset all the sitting and eating out lunch and dinner. Scares me a bit for Sunday weigh in. :s
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll have about 325 squats in this week, 9.5 miles run, arms video done each day. We'll be traveling all day tomorrow for a couple of soccer games, hopefully there'll be time for a decent walk to offset all the sitting and eating out lunch and dinner. Scares me a bit for Sunday weigh in. :s

You inspire me!!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Good morning Lards! (Sorry, that sounds sooo wrong!!) Just popping in to say HAPPY SATURDAY - make today the best it can be! :D
  • Kayak97

Wow, it sounds like you've had an awesome week! Have a terrific soccer weekend and enjoy the new wheels! ⚽️
  • Kayak97
    Die Lard Week 2 Biggest Losers:
    1st - gethntysear - 0.94%
    2nd - MimiOfTheLuciousLawn - 0.86%
    3rd - silverstar65 - 0.80%

CONGRATS, gethntysear, Mimi and Wendy! Great work last week!

Who's going to take the lead next week? We're halfway through the month... Let's keep moving! Whoop!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Congrats G, M, and S - and to all w/a loss last week. Weighed in this morning at what i was pre-vaca last week, so hope to contribute to a big team "tire" loss this week! Too nice to "gym" today so walked 7 miles and gardened for a couple of hours. Everything hurts, so probably used some different muscles. Enjoy the weekend!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Woohoo!! Who'd a thunk it?!! :D