Team: Die Lard

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Wow, way to walk @bpkal!

Great job this week, Lovely Lards!!

I'm kinda nervous about weigh in tomorrow. On a good note, I was my lowest yet on the scale this morning, I've drank a TON of water today, and I did get a 1.5mile walk in before the second game. However, I was high on calories, I sat MUCH of the day, I got a bit of sunburn (which makes me retain fluid) and my feet are feeling tight tonight. :( Hopefully I'll be up peeing every hour to get rid of the excess. Even though I know I am trending downward, this fluid is making me nervous. Fingers crossed!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Mimi - you're a rock star recording regular losses and squatting your way to what will be enviable thighs! Elevate those feet and put on the aloe! Good luck tomorrow!

p.s. - I love to walk. Before my kneecap dislo, i'd walk at least 20 miles in a weekend, and have been known to walk more than 20miles in a weekend-day. A luxury has always been an "unplanned day" where i could just walk wherever for as long as i wanted! I'm noticing that my knee bothers me less now about 30lbs down, so have been walking more lately. Today it was just too beautiful to hit the gym, so my pup and I logged some miles (about 70 miles so far this month, and only about 17mins/mile...no records broken!) City walks are the best - love looking at houses! When i had an office job i'd walk to and from work - 3miles each way. Now I work from home and find gym discipline + walks working best.

p.p.s - although I have more noticeable muscles now vs. a few months ago (noticeable beneath the flab to only me - when I flex!), it does feel like everything is just so, so so "jiggly" - especially belly, inner thighs and boobs. Not sure if this is a loose-skin problem to come, or if everything will tighten up a bit as i lose more weight. Nervous.
  • bpkal
    @Silver_Star i was with my uncle last week on vacation. He was diagnosed type 2 diabetes last year. He lost 50lbs in roughly 5 months and no longer requires diabetic drugs. Has so much energy! Anyway - if he can do it (many issues on homefront last year + stressful job) then i know you can!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    edited April 2016
    My apologies, team. Yesterday morning was 228#. This morning 230.8, up 0.4 from last week. I knew the fluid would kill me, I'm so sorry.

On a bright note, I went for my w9d2 run this morning, 3 miles (unfortunately didn't change the scale, I checked before I reported), crushed each of the 6 hills I took, have 36 of 60 squats in so far today. Next weeks weigh in will be much, much better - we'll still be at soccer most of the weekend, but at home - YAY!!

Ok Team, I need y'all to hold me up this week... get busy getting that extra 1000 steps in or leaving that 200 calorie snack on the table. THIS IS OUR WEEK!! LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be continuing the Biggest Loser Challenge into May. If you are interested in continuing please go to the Registration thread and sign up. First come, first served. Spots are being offered to existing participants before I go outside the group.

Looking forward to losing with you again in May!!

Serendipity <3
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    DIE LARD CHALLENGE: Howdy team! This week, let's challenge ourselves to cut back on all of the empty calories in our day - the drinks, highly processed foods, etc. that contain a lot of calories but little nutrition. Grabbing a piece of fruit or fresh veggies instead will give us better nutrition and higher fiber, which will help us feel full longer. It could make the difference in an extra pound lost! Go, team!
  • bpkal
    @Mimi - congrats on a great run and here is to a terrific week.

On a personal note, today i woke up in the 170s for the first time since 2008.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    WOOHOO!! Congratulations @bpkal!! That's fantastic, I'm so happy for you!!
  • Kayak97
    bpkal wrote: »
    @Mimi - congrats on a great run and here is to a terrific week.

On a personal note, today i woke up in the 170s for the first time since 2008.

Woo hoo! Isn't it a great feeling when you pass a decade point?!
  • bpkal
    Thank you! Here is hoping for the 150s before my birthday end May!
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Good luck bp! You are doing great! I too haven't seen 170 since 2008. I can't wait to get there again!
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Good morning, @bpkal Love that you have a goal in mind, well done on getting into the 170's, I have a similar goal to get to 165 by my birthday end of next week. Just 3 tiny pounds to go! :smiley:

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Can't believe you took on hills as well as running. Dont worry about the weight thing when you're probably adding on awesome muscle that will burn more calories in the long run :smiley:

Hope you're all smashing @Kayak97 Die Lard Challenge; I've taken to drinking Peppermint Tea to settle the odd confused hunger pangs. Can't believe we're half way through the month, keep it up you're in control!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    edited April 2016
    @Kayak97 - how is the flooding going? I hope you're safe and sound, I've been thinking and praying for your well being.

The scale finally liked me again this morning - YAY!! Now to just keep it happy until Sunday morning!

I've committed to 60 squats (12x5) per day this week, and now that I've been doing them daily for 3 weeks I must admit they really are getting easier and I can feel that they're getting deeper. I sure hope this improves my flat, saggy butt! The evil arms are even getting easier - well at least I don't tell the girl EVERY time just how much I hate her and where she needs to go. That's definite progress!! And I ran another 3 miler today and made all the hills, so last time wasn't a fluke - squats make the quads stronger... BONUS!

Happy Hump Day Lards (lardos, lardettes, lardinis... it all sounds wrong but meant with the best of intentions!)!! Rock your world today!
  • Kayak97
    Thanks, Mimi! My neighborhood is drying out. So thankful I did not have flooding in my house. Lots of areas around are having big problems, prayers are much appreciated.

I have not done a very good job meeting my own challenge this week! Too many empty calories the past couple of days. I think it's because my sleep has been so disrupted, and my tiredness is feeding my appetite. I'm going to bed early tonight so the rest of the week will go better. I went back to work today, and my routine is returning to normal. After being home a couple of days, I was able to get lots of healthy food prepared for this week. Even tried some new dishes using fresh veggies.

I also discovered some free exercise videos on cable. There are quite a few to choose from, so I can mix things up and not get bored. I did some extra Zumba this evening, so I could burn a few more calories and stay within my goal today.

@gethntysear, I like your idea of peppermint tea. I also chew gum when I get the munchies.

Hope everyone's week is going well! Two more days until week three weigh in for most of the team. Keep up the hard work, ladies! It pays off!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

For those of you continuing with the Biggest Loser Challenge for May you can now join the Challenge Group by clicking here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113559-biggest-loser-challenge-may-2016

Teams are being built and it looks like we have some new faces for May!! If you have registered then you will see your name placed on a team. Be sure to join the actual MFP group so that you are kept up to date.

I have also created a thread for each team so please feel free to pop in to your new team's thread to introduce yourself. You'll find people that may be on your existing team along with members from other teams or completely new faces to the challenge.

Have fun and as I look forward to another successful month!!

Serendipity <3
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Yay @Kayak97 glad you came through okay, what a relief. And great job, through all of the stress and chaos, not falling off the wagon completely. VICTORY is yours, Sister!!
  • Kayak97
    I appreciate the encouragement! Planning to get a good nights sleep tonight, so hopefully will have a big loss tomorrow. Woo hoo, weigh in day!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Good morning Team,
    I finally, finally lost some weight in this challenge and can contribute to my team weight loss. I am down 2.2lbs and I am happy. Please pray this is the beginning of my road to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    YAY!! Congratulations @mmcqueen927!! You rocked it this week - fabuLOSS!!! :D
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Hi All!
    Didn't mean to fall off the face of the earth but a few weeks ago I started not feeling well. Ended up having biopsies... and they both ended up being negative!! Thank god! I was started on new medication and its been hard to deal with fatigue/side effects. Ended up losing a little this week, but hopefully next week will be better! All the updates look great! Keep up the great work guys!