1300 calories and no weight loss in 10 days what am idoing wrong

I know you probably hear these all the time, but I went from eating so much junk and whatever I wanted probably over 3000 every day to 1300 tracking everything and walking frequently. I was so good this weekend and went for an hour hike each day I was so excited to step on the scale this morning and nothing.. I don't get it especially because I have a lot of weight to loose I thought it would drop a lot quicker.

Replies

• ArielleMarieB
    ArielleMarieB Posts: 19 Member
    Nope deff not eating to many calories. My net is 1300 and most of the time I end at 1250 and track every drop of mustard peanut drink that goes into my mouth.
  • ArielleMarieB
    My Tom is due shortly though
  • ArielleMarieB
    I started really really trying and trackingand kicking butt (I thought) on April 1st. I just thought because my body went from unhealthy 3000 calories probably to healthy 1250-1300 and more movement and its early I'd at least loose a pound or two
  • ArielleMarieB
    Could it because I eat late? Not bad food but say 900 calories is from 9-5 and the last 300 are always late after the kids fall asleep
  • ArielleMarieB
    I won't go above 1300. Usually I'm at 1200-1250. Yesterday after I logged my 60 minute hike it told me to eat 1600 calories I ate 1350
  • ArielleMarieB
    I log every single thing I eat
  • Right on. The reason I asked about your total calories was because you had used the word 'net.'
    Oftentimes, people consume, for example, 2000 calories. Then their FitBit or whatever that thing is tells them, "You burned 800 calories on your ten minutes walk!"

So, they've actually consumed 2000 calories, they then subtract the *false* 800 exercise calories, and then believe they're at 1200 calories (net) for the day.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    You're logging but are you *measuring*? Do you weight your food on a food scale? Make sure you're picking accurate entries from the MFP database? If you open up your diary and give a little more information, we can probably give you a little more help...
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2016
    When I started last December I was like you, had been eating lots, up to 3000 per day probably. I only cut down to eating between 1800 and 1600 and dropped significantly in the first week. Like 2 inches around the waist.

I can't imagine that you wouldn't have shed several pounds just in water weight in your first week having reduced your calories by 1,800 a day.? Seems impossible you didn't lose.

Must be some other factor you aren't considering yet. Best of luck on your weight loss journey. Try to figure out whats holding you back.
  • Do you weigh your solid food on a scale though?
    Are you selecting accurate entries from the database?

Accuracy is definitely key. The other day I simply wanted to find 'boiled chicken leg with no skin.' I found one entry that listed a 95 gram leg at 181 calories, while the entry directly below that one said a 125 gram leg was 112 calories!

• shed77f
    shed77f Posts: 41 Member
    Sorry if this sounds basic but are you sure the entries are using are accurate? Some of the ones on the database are off by loads due to user keying errors. Don't use generic homemade entries unless you've built the recipe yourself as you can't tell if the same ingredients / amounts are used.

As others have said above make sure you're weighing solids by gram (no cups / spoons) this applies to pre packaged items too (weights can really vary) and measuring liquids.

Is your diary open? Perhaps people could take a peek & make better suggestions.

Lastly have you seen the flowchart that's often posted here. It's a great way to work out what's wrong.