How Making CHOICES Has Helped Me Lose Over 80 pounds.

Replies

• godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    mamadon wrote: »
    Yes, getting there mentally. I still struggle with it and I suspect I always will. But I have taught myself to not beat myself up when I fall short of what I'm shooting for. I'm so used to punishing and depriving myself--being kind to myself is such a relief.

I've been maintaining a 118 pound loss for two years. I can relate to what you said, especially about the struggle. I still deal with guilt about occasionally overeating and worry constantly about regaining even though I am determined not too. I really liked what you said, about showing up every single day, I needed to hear this today, so thank you.

It's good to hear from someone who is maintaining a big loss. I understand that fear of gaining it back.

I've lost the weight rather quickly which is not what I intended. I'm still adjusting to the fact that it's happened. But I am careful to not beat myself up when I overeat. The key to this, I think, is recording no matter how "shameful" I feel my behavior may have been. That's when I discover that things are not nearly as awful as I think they are.

I am long past eating the cake out of the garbage can--that was years ago. And if I do eat that enormous piece of cake, it's just one day out of so many days. It doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things....

• godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Wow this is a really awesome post and just sums up my experience with MFP and weight loss! Cheers

Have you posted a success story?
  • Sugar_Slayer
    Sugar_Slayer Posts: 13 Member
    This was an excellent post! Thanks for sharing. I always say that life is about choices - I just needed to hear it again and now I need to follow what I also say.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    you're an inspiration and posted exactly what i needed to hear today. it's like you wrote about me, everything from the scale games (which tile on my bathroom floor yields the lowest reading?) to trying not to think of food/exercise as punitive. it really is simple - i make choices every day about what i'm going to eat and how much i'm going to move. i am in control today and i'm showing up!! thank you for posting!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Very well said! Thank you for sharing! I totally needed to read this today :)
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Great post! Well said.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    I seriously needed to see this today! Thank you!!!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Loved the way you wrote about the struggles we face in this battle to lose weight and the simple message to just show up! <3
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Thank you for posting! Helpful for me to read this today :)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Amazing- thank you so much for posting and sharing! :) Congratulations on your hard work.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    Awesome post....hate to sound shallow but will you be posting before and after pics?

@efrensgirl2015
    Check out her profile photos :smiley:
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Your message is awesome and so welcome this morning. Thank you!
  • karlasmorgan
    karlasmorgan Posts: 2 Member
    Great message!
  • 123pingpong
    123pingpong Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you for sharing this! It was just what I needed.
  • benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Wow this is a really awesome post and just sums up my experience with MFP and weight loss! Cheers

Have you posted a success story?

I haven't yet as I am back at the top end of the scale - sigh. I might once I get back to it. I am currently doing mindfulness and I find it helps with what goes in my mouth.
  • vwright78
    vwright78 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you...this was a very encouraging & inspiring post. Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing not just your weight loss success, but also HOW you got there! I think it's just what I needed today as I "get back up on the horse".
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Excellent post!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!