What's for breakfast?!

juliayadda
juliayadda Posts: 33 Member
Hey I am curious about other people's breakfast habits. It is without a doubt my favourite meal of the day!

I love my current breakfast, but my friends (except my trainer who thinks it is awesome too) say I am broken:

I make a three egg omelette with cinnamon and allspice, and smear a tbsp of almond butter on it. I go to sleep so excited I get to wake up and eat this!

So what do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I go in to work at 7:15am, and I'm not a morning person at all. So I used to grab something like a Quest bar or a meat stick on my way out. Recently, I've tried to cut back on sugar alcohols (Quest bars have sugar alcohols) and I've cut calories back to avoid a weight loss stall. As a result, I skip breakfast so I can use my limited calories (1,350) for lunch and dinner.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Most days I eat an English Muffin with Almond butter. When I am on the ball, I make veggie egg muffins that I can reheat at work after going to the gym. When I really have some time to prep early I love making a sweet potato and kale hash or use up some left over roasted brussel sprouts and fry up an egg or two and eat that with it. I love breakfast, I just don't typically have enough time or motivation to fancy it up during the week.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    I'm one of those weird people that can wake up and eat right away but currently I'm doing intermittent fasting so no breakfast here. I save up so I can have a big lunch and dinner and feel full for a few hours. Still wish I could eat more but oh well, only a few more pounds to lose.
  • juliayadda
    Azercord wrote: »
    I'm one of those weird people that can wake up and eat right away but currently I'm doing intermittent fasting so no breakfast here. I save up so I can have a big lunch and dinner and feel full for a few hours. Still wish I could eat more but oh well, only a few more pounds to lose.

I am doing intermittent fasting on the days I see my trainer. I already mourned my no breakfast tomorrow. First meal will be lunch at noon.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    I have to wait an hour until I eat (thanks thyroid meds) so I'm usually thinking about food for an entire hour. :disappointed: Sometimes on the weekends I can distract myself enough not to think about breakfast.
    It varies, lately I haven't found anything I want to pre-make so I've been having peanut butter sandwiches. I'm not a morning person so it either needs to be fast, or already made. :smiley: If it's the weekends I like fried eggs sunny side up with maybe some toast to sop it up, and also possibly just another pb sammich.
  • anisia85
    anisia85 Posts: 15 Member
    I alternate oatmeal and sandwich. Weekends when I have more time I might have an omelette.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    I had a warm Banana and pecan bowl. I found the recipe on Pinterest. It wasn't to bad but if I want to make it again I need to go grocery shopping.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    I'm a egg person. Eggs over easy on grits, potato pamcakes or leftover roasted potatoes, scrambled egg/egg white mix with leftover chili on top, taco omelet if I have leftover taco meat. Even on the weekends we make pancakes and I top mine with a banana and egg over easy. I may have a problem ;)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I'm a egg person. Eggs over easy on grits, potato pamcakes or leftover roasted potatoes, scrambled egg/egg white mix with leftover chili on top, taco omelet if I have leftover taco meat. Even on the weekends we make pancakes and I top mine with a banana and egg over easy. I may have a problem ;)

The only thing I find odd is the combinations. I see nothing wrong with eating eggs every day for breakfast, but I just wouldn't put it on a pancake or on grits... I would just eat the eggs without those other foods.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Bought too much deli meat, since I"m going out of town, so it was a chicken sammich. With cheese, let's not be crazy.
  • juliayadda

I would SO put eggs on grits or potatoes. I love a runny egg on shredded hash browns! That is not on plan right now but forsure will be on a weekend breakfast agenda in the future!

• juliayadda
    I made a protein pancake recipe from Blogilates for breakfast yesterday and I have to say I approved! It was super filling, and I felt like I was eating my comfort food. I will make them going forward when I make my family their traditional pancakes.
  • leaj1984
    leaj1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Eggs, avocado, smoked salmon... OR yogurt and berries... OR english muffin with peanut butter. When on the go, a protein bar at about 170-200 cal.
  • kfulton111
    kfulton111 Posts: 12 Member
    juliayadda wrote: »
    Hey I am curious about other people's breakfast habits. It is without a doubt my favourite meal of the day!

I love my current breakfast, but my friends (except my trainer who thinks it is awesome too) say I am broken:

I make a three egg omelette with cinnamon and allspice, and smear a tbsp of almond butter on it. I go to sleep so excited I get to wake up and eat this!

Dry cereal or toast or egg in basket sometimes hard boiled egg if i am in mood for drive up jack in box breakfast jack.
    I am going to try your egg omlete my fav. Is cinnimon i think it will go good with my almond chocolate milk
  • juliayadda
    kfulton111 wrote: »
    juliayadda wrote: »

Dry cereal or toast or egg in basket sometimes hard boiled egg if i am in mood for drive up jack in box breakfast jack.
    I am going to try your egg omlete my fav. Is cinnimon i think it will go good with my almond chocolate milk

YESSSS
    dozens-of-us.gif
  • Moniqueinthemiddle
    Moniqueinthemiddle Posts: 4 Member
    I had steel cut oatmeal and bananas. I put some cinnamon,nutmeg, ground clove,vanilla and raspberry extract.
  • Aurelia_Willow
    Aurelia_Willow Posts: 40 Member
    I like cereal (too bad I like the sugary kid stuff the most lol), I also like eggs when I have the time. I recently tried the eggs in pepper rings with spinach lettuce and feta cheese crumbles.

The other day I tried overnight oatmeal- vanilla yogurt, steel oats, dark chocolate chips, and coconut shreds. Refrigerated it overnight. Yummy!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    I've been making my own version of Egg McMuffin. I scrambled 2 eggs and add paprika, cumin, and some canned roasted green chilies. Then I cooked the eggs like a omelet. Once they were cooled, they were cut up to fit on the English Muffin and cheese was added.

I wrap it up and put it in my lunch box for breakfast tomorrow. The key is to keep your co-workers away from them or they "disappear"
  • lilmrshaynes
    lilmrshaynes Posts: 17 Member
    I had an egg muffin cup with zucchini, scallions and cheese (104 calories each) and 2 slices of eureka! grainiac bread with just a little butter. Filling and satisfying. I'll also have oatmeal with some nut butter and a small handful of chocolate chips for some added sweetness. I also like doing a 1 egg veggie omelet with spinach, scallions and tomatoes topped with salsa or sriracha.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    2 hard boiled eggs. I pack it to go so it makes it easy. Keeps me full & low cal. On the weekends, I have more but that is my go to.