How Making CHOICES Has Helped Me Lose Over 80 pounds.

Replies

• godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Thanks for the post - one of the best I've read! As I was reading it, I kept thinking "yes, yes, yes!!" Once I finished, I realized that it pretty much relates to any aspect of life - the choices we make on where to work/live, etc. Just show up every day and make the best choices for you at the time, and be kind to yourself it the choice doesn't work out.

Yes! I am learning that it applies to everything in my life. But it is often a difficult lesson, too. Taking responsibility is especially hard when you are so used to punishing yourself instead of holding yourself accountable. That is a distinction I have to keep in mind every day. Being accountable for something doesn't mean I should blame myself, or feel guilty.
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    What an amazing post! Thank you for sharing!!
  • vwoman
    vwoman Posts: 36 Member
    Great post and realistic tips. Congratulations on your journey.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Love it and thanks for such an honest post...it has picked my soul up :)
  • kin_mahal
    kin_mahal Posts: 1 Member
    Great post very inspirational ...
  • Trent1612000
    Trent1612000 Posts: 57 Member
    Very motivating! Thank you for writing this.
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    great post thank you!!!
  • rin_rae
    rin_rae Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you!
  • waterliliesss
    waterliliesss Posts: 9 Member
    great post. ill show up
  • godlikepoetyes
    great post. ill show up

Showing up. That's what it takes.
  • deshay2408
    deshay2408 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you... what you said makes perfect sense. Will definitely need to read that again when I'm feeling down on myself. I'm so all or nothing (mixed with food addictions VERY BAD) so I NEEDED to read this ;)
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Choices. If you've helped one person today you've helped me. Thanks for reminding me.
  • nak263
    nak263 Posts: 2 Member
    Such a wonderful post! I feel so lucky that I found out about MFP, because it is not about counting and numbers but it's about changing the way of thinking and the way of living!
  • godlikepoetyes
    deshay2408 wrote: »
    Thank you... what you said makes perfect sense. Will definitely need to read that again when I'm feeling down on myself. I'm so all or nothing (mixed with food addictions VERY BAD) so I NEEDED to read this ;)

Yes. The "all or nothing" thinking. When you think this way it's so hard to undo the years of it. And I am no expert on this at all. But over the years, esp. the last three, I've become more aware of what I'm doing when I'm doing it and it's harder to hide myself, or sabotage myself, or mire up in my own I'm-such-a-loser funk when I'm actually paying attention. I'm bipolar and when I start to sink, I'll tell myself to think clearly--this will pass on its own if you'll get up and do something, anything. Just get moving and distract yourself. This usually works. It's another way of caring for myself. But it would be so easy to slip back into the "I ate a donut so I should just eat three more donuts and then a large fry and okay, also, some fried rice and an egg roll make that two egg rolls I can't control myself I suck I must have an eating disorder I'm going to make cookies now" mentality.
  • pinelopi22
    pinelopi22 Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you so very much for sharing this. I am so inspired now!
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    Great, great post! Thanks for sharing.
  • KwekuQ
    KwekuQ Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for sharing.
    I loved reading this as I've been struggling with similar issues.
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    One of the very best posts I have read! It has taken me many years to FINALLY understand that I need to value myself enough to put me on the list of important things to do. Every single day. You have summed this up so very well. Congratulations on your success! May you continue to have success and good health. Thank you!
  • godlikepoetyes
    Thanks! And you as well.
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Wow, thank u for writing this!! I needed to read this today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!