Strange question, help???

I'm usually awake at like 12/1am in the morning, despite this I still get 7-10 hours of sleep. I was wondering if come 12 when a new day starts on my MFP could I enter all of my food into the log? So I know what I'm eating for the day and stick to it? I'm very well organised so sticking to the food choices won't be a problem. And then just add in any liquid and exercise as it comes???

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    It's not strange at all. Many people prelog their food the night or even days before!
  • dykekatie435
    dykekatie435 Posts: 9 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    It's not strange at all. Many people prelog their food the night or even days before!

Thanks nice to know :-) new here and didn't know if it would ruin things.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I'm currently pre-logged up to Friday. It's not strange at all. It helps me stick to my goals. It's also kind of fun to see all of the food I'm going to eat for the day on there. I look forward to my snacks and meals because of that, lol.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    I pre-log my days as much as possible and add as I go.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    I have the next three weeks logged already, lol. My mom's birthday weekend is the weekend of the 30th. Then mother's day the following weekend. So there'll be some big restaurant meals coming up that I have to bank calories for. So I prelogged everything to get a handle on the situation.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited April 2016
    I always pre-log at least a day in advance, sometimes more if I'm going to be going grocery shopping soon, it helps me make my list.

I actually consider this my most valuable habit since starting this time. It helps ensure all my meals meet my plan, and more importantly, when I come home hungry I know exactly what I'm doing and how much; it's a lot easier to follow a plan than to make good choices when hungry in the absence of a plan.

I try my best not to make any food decisions while hungry. I make the decisions in advance and follow them while hungry.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    You can prelog stuff and if you don't end up eating something you can remove it from the log, or you can add other stuff in.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    I also pre-log everything the day before so I know what I can have. Not a strange question :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I have pre-logged before and found it helpful. Not strange at all!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    This is mainly what I do. If I don't plan ahead, all bets are off.
  • dykekatie435
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I always pre-log at least a day in advance, sometimes more if I'm going to be going grocery shopping soon, it helps me make my list.

I actually consider this my most valuable habit since starting this time. It helps ensure all my meals meet my plan, and more importantly, when I come home hungry I know exactly what I'm doing and how much; it's a lot easier to follow a plan than to make good choices when hungry in the absence of a plan.

I try my best not to make any food decisions while hungry. I make the decisions in advance and follow them while hungry.

Thanks a lot, I have found that it has been helping stick to my plan. Nice to know other people do it too :-)

• lmbecker12
    lmbecker12 Posts: 46 Member

The only time that is going to "ruin" things is if you don't eat what you pre-log. Just remember if you eat other than what is in your log--that you need to change it! I find pre-logging SUPER helpful!
  • dykekatie435
    lmbecker12 wrote: »

The only time that is going to "ruin" things is if you don't eat what you pre-log. Just remember if you eat other than what is in your log--that you need to change it! I find pre-logging SUPER helpful!

Thanks so much will remember to change if I eat different. :-)
  • bjean1964
    bjean1964 Posts: 29 Member
    Ive never pre logged, i will have to try it to see if that helps