Team: Dude, Where's My Gut

Replies

• cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    hi everyone glad we made 3rd place i havent been on cause i had the flu this whole week im feeling a little better butkeep up the great job
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Thanks @Gustaaf85 for posting the circuits! That's a great exercise challenge for this week!

If someone can't do the entire week, just pick one day and do the circuit. I'm going to try for the whole 5 days and see if I can do it! Since it's already Monday, I better get busy!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    If anyone is interested in doing this challenge again in May, don't forget to post your Username in the registration thread. Here's the direct link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10373686/registration-open-biggest-loser-challenge-may-2016#latest
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    Thanks @Gustaaf85 !!!!
  • vwoman
    vwoman Posts: 36 Member
    Hi guys, I hope everyone's week is going ok.
    A funny little story from my morning. I was reading success stories in my fitness pal, trying to get extra motivation. There are some really good personal stories on there. So, whilst reading success stories, realised I was avoiding my morning walk. Thankyou to those who took the time to share their successes to help motivate me not only to get my but out of bed and do the walk, but it got my head in a good space for focusing on healthy eating for the day, and I came in under my calorie goal. Win win! Just a little ditty from me.
    And if you are feeling motivation waining, have a look under success stories on MFP to help jump start you.
    Here's to a good week everyone!
  • jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    That's a great idea @vwoman and we'll done sticking to your calorie goal!!
    I actually came on to share my own little happy moment this morning, I weighed myself this morning because after my 0 weight loss I was feeling a little worried about how this week might go, but I am roughly 1 kg lighter than last week, fingers crossed Fridays official weigh in is as awesome!!!
  • krenae312
    Awesome @vwoman and @jmilner89 !!! This week has been going pretty good here too" haven't weighed myself but am noticing changes in clothes just in these few weeks. Crazy what happens when you eat right and move lol !!!
  • jmilner89
    @krenae312 so crazy, and how good it feels too!!
  • vwoman
    That's amazing news @jmilner89
    Nice work. Here's hoping the scales say the same on Friday.
  • chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    Lovin' this positive energy, team!

Feeling proud of myself for sticking with the 5k 101 program. I've tried to do the whole program multiple times but the farthest I've gotten is to week 4. This time, I KNOW I will make it all the way to the end - 8 weeks! So far I've completed 2 weeks and started on week 3 last night. Love that feeling I get when I push myself! I have a 5k obstacle course/mud run coming up at the end of June in Brooklyn (it's my birthday tradition - 5 years running!) so I'm feeling like this will be the BEST year yet! It's no coincidence that I have the largest team I've had so far in the last 5 years - at least 7 people so far! Not sure if anyone in Team Dude Where's My Gut is in the NYC area, but if you are, let me know - I'd love for you to join us!

Here's to a kick-gut 3rd week, friends!
  • jmilner89
    @chrizzy8 well done sticking to the running that is AWESOME :)
  • chrizzy8
    Thanks, @jmilner89!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

For those of you continuing with the Biggest Loser Challenge for May you can now join the Challenge Group by clicking here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113559-biggest-loser-challenge-may-2016

Teams are being built and it looks like we have some new faces for May!! If you have registered then you will see your name placed on a team. Be sure to join the actual MFP group so that you are kept up to date.

I have also created a thread for each team so please feel free to pop in to your new team's thread to introduce yourself. You'll find people that may be on your existing team along with members from other teams or completely new faces to the challenge.

Have fun and as I look forward to another successful month!!

Serendipity <3
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    @Gustaaf85 we all 'ups' on the scale, but keep the motivation up and you will definitely see more and more 'downs' on the scale.
  • vwoman
    Hi guys, despite all efforts, no movement on the scales this week. Sorry team.
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    Unfortunately it happens vwoman! But keep on going!

I am trying new recipes to pep up things. This week it was a Asian coleslaw and asian grilled chicken. Needless to say, the recipes were 'tweaked' but tasty enough to try again with some new 'tweaks'. Now looking for another to try.
  • jmilner89
    I had one of those weeks last week @vwoman it sucks but hopefully next week will be better for you :)
    Asian grilled chicken sounds yummy @Roxmom3
  • chrizzy8
    I thought I was going to have another no-loss week despite my best efforts but alas, I'm down 1.4 lbs on the scale! For those with no loss, don't be discouraged! You're probably losing inches - losing fat & gaining muscle. As long as we're moving, and treating our bodies well, that's what matters!

Go Team Dude! Final week - let's KILL IT!
  • krenae312
    Awesome job @chrizzy8

I'm still on a roved cauliflower kick lol. But seriously, I just had roved cauliflower, onion, pepper, spinach, lentils and salsa , cooked the onion and pepper first to soften and threw the rest in last minute. Sprinkled with a little feta and yummmmm!!! Any good recipes to share?
  • krenae312
    Riced not roved cauliflower HA!!!