Exclusively Breastfeeding Mothers

2»

Replies

• kuulmamma
    kuulmamma Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm new here to MFP (3days). I've done calorie counting before with another app but wasn't nursing at the time. ;-)

This is my 3rd nursing child, he's 2 months.

I would like to lose 8-12 by May and maybe another 10-15 for my second goal.

Time to get it done!

Feel free to add me as a friend.

*ETA- Drink more water if you're feeling hungry all the time. Definitely need to stay hydrated while nursing.
  • raspberryk
    raspberryk Posts: 39 Member
    Hi Ladies, another EBF mum here, she's my second and 4 weeks old. Just attempting to actually lose the PP baby weight rather than use BF as an excuse to eat utter crap and actually start putting weight back on!

xx
  • GtbFitBrit
    GtbFitBrit Posts: 42 Member
    I'm 30 weeks pregnant, on here to watch my weight since I'm abit overweight. Planning on breastfeeding and would love support. Feel free to add me :)
  • ccvianzon
    ccvianzon Posts: 11 Member
    Hey ladies! This is a great thread. I learned a lot. I'm now logging in the snack portion 'breatfedding, exclusively -500'. I was skeptical at first. But it actually works. It does show your in the read if you go over your cal intake. As long as you don't go passed -500, your considered still 'under your calorie intake'. Am I doing this right ladies?

Also, I agree with @kuulmama. Drink A LOT if water. Helps with fulness and flushes out toxins.

I hope its okay. I sent a friends request to all of you :) Add me.
  • raspberryk
    raspberryk Posts: 39 Member
    That's right hun!
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Hi ladies. 33 weeks pregnant here. Feel free to add me. I plan on breastfeeding/pumping when I have to go back to work. I would love the extra support so feel free to add me.
  • Mgonza55
    Mgonza55 Posts: 14 Member
    keriannhb wrote: »
    So I was thinking....
    If I set up an "exercise" for "breastfeeding", and log that in each day; would that work as far as my burned calorie number?
    Thoughts on how you log that 300/500 burn each day please?

Hi! I just had my little one on 4/7/16 and have started tracking my intake while exclusively breastfeeding!

I did exactly what you posted about!

Hoping the weight comes off "effortlessly" like many BF moms talk about.

• MrsAER
    MrsAER Posts: 25 Member
    Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind but I have added lots of you. I had my second baby on the 6th April (already have a 2.5 yr old). Determined to watch what I eat over the next few months xx
  • InezDrury
    InezDrury Posts: 10 Member
    So glad to find this thread. This is my second pregnancy and I never got back to my pre pregnancy weight first time round.
    My lb is 6 weeks old tomorrow and is ebf. With night feeds and a demanding toddler motivation is hard to come by. Not to mention that incredible hunger and thirst that accompanies bf. I gained more weight bf my first than I did in my pregnancy so need to make sure that doesn't happen again.
    Please please feel free to add me x
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi all! My son is 9 months, so he is eating solids, but also breastfeeds a ton and I pump 3-4 times per day at work. I'd love to have other mom MFP friends so feel free to add me!
  • ElbowCoude
    ElbowCoude Posts: 28 Member
    I have been breastfeeding my son for a year, he just turned one last week! He started solids at 5 months but even now he breastfeeds several times a day! If I count the pregnancy weight I have lost 146 lbs in the past year! In the past 9 months -113 when I don't count the pregnancy weight, it came off before I officially started dieting. I waited until he was 3 months old and my milk was well established. I eat between 1200-1500 cals per day and work out. I started with just walking with him in the stroller, then I ran, now I walk, run, lift, bike, etc... I have three kids and I just keep moving all day! Haha! I'm working on that super fun last 20 ish pounds now and firming up my poor stretched skin!