New Drink to Replace Soda

I do not drink soda at all. However, just water can get a little boring so I was switching off with either tonic water or club soda/seltzer water. Boy, found out this was a big no no! Regular seltzer water is full of sodium. Regular tonic water is 360 calories for a big bottle and has more sugar than I like. So I went on a search for another fluid alternative and found one at WalMart last week. It is called Vintage seltzer with a lemon lime flavor. It is sodium free and naturally flavored. There are 2 ingredients carbonated water and natural flavor. Cannot beat that!!! I stay away from diet products because of the aspertame. I like a little bubbly once in a while and this is actually pretty good! So if you miss soda and want something that is similar, try this.:drinker:

If anyone has any other good alternatives that is sodium-free and sugar-free (without aspertame), I would love to hear from you!

Replies

• MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Aside from herbal teas, I like to infuse water with various fruits. Of course lemon, but also orange, watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber, the list goes on! Simply put a few pieces of what ever fruit in the bottom of a pitcher of water, and let it set. Yum!
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    I love drinking Vitamin Water Zero. It is sweetened with Stevia. I have also heard good things about the water Enhancer Mio. I haven't tried it myself, but my aunt swears by it.
  • kimcatus
    kimcatus Posts: 27
    I like the carbonation of sodas but not all the other junk.....I like La Croix carbonated water. No cals, no sodium, no aspartame, no nothing! Just bubbly water...lol It has totally replaced my sodas.....it's a little more expensive than soda, but not too much. My Walmart has a 12 pack for $3.98....so not too bad. Give it a try! :)
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    I like Kombucha Tea, myself, which is naturally carbonated.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    I just tried the Mio yesterday in the iced tea flavor and it was really good. I won't be using it all the time in my water (as that can get expensive with the amount of water I have to drink daily).
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    I drink Nestea Zero Iced Tea (0 calories, 0 fat, 35mg sodium, sweetened with sucralose), lime flavored sparkling water (0 calories, 0 fat, 0mg sodium...taste a lot like Sprite), a variety of single packets that flavour water (usually about 5 calories per pack, sweetened with sucralose), and various green teas with one sugar twin.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    the carbonation in sodas expand your stomach and make it harder for you to get "full" ..... the MIO water has a great taste but the artificial sweetner will leave you with cotton mouth.... try slicing up some cucumber and putting it in your water I dont even like cucumber but it makes the water have a crisp and fresh taste
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    I add Mio to my water a lot and love it! Strawberry watermelon and fruit punch are my favs. I also like Sobe Lifewater Zero and Lipton Diet green tea w citrus.
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    I've become attached to Propel Zero. It's vitamin enhanced also. It does have sodium, but I sweat soooo much I don't worry about it during the summer months.
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    I believe that you can buy an inexpensive carbonation thing to make your own bubblies, you can buy flavorings, but i think you can also use juice, but im not sure.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I just tried the Mio yesterday in the iced tea flavor and it was really good. I won't be using it all the time in my water (as that can get expensive with the amount of water I have to drink daily).

That's my favorite flavor.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    I like putting a little bit of the sugar-free flavored syrups in my water. Davinci and Torani both have a large variety and are made with splenda
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    I like Kombucha Tea, myself, which is naturally carbonated.

Whole Foods yanked Kombucha Tea since it has alcohol in it.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    I drink La croix sparkling water.. sodium free, calorie free, and sugar/sweetener free :)
  • Mio from Gatorade, but it's not carbonated :(. It's just a water enhancer, but it's 0 cal, 0 sodium, 0 fat....and they have a lot of awesome flavors!
  • I like putting a little bit of the sugar-free flavored syrups in my water. Davinci and Torani both have a large variety and are made with splenda

Doesn't Splenda contain asparthame?
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    I like putting a little bit of the sugar-free flavored syrups in my water. Davinci and Torani both have a large variety and are made with splenda

Doesn't Splenda contain asparthame?

No, aspartame is Equal. Splenda is Sucralose :)
  • anijh
    anijh Posts: 16
    I like plain water but every once in a while I find myself getting bored with it. I like to add a packet of true lemon (or true orange / true lime) to it. It's 0 cal, 0 sodium, 0 fat and no sweeteners. It works for me.

There's also True Lemonade and True Raspberry Lemonade that has stevia in it if you want something with a sweetener. I haven't tried these but there's a lot of good reviews.
  • Cjrucks
    Cjrucks Posts: 6 Member
    I like plain water but every once in a while I find myself getting bored with it. I like to add a packet of true lemon (or true orange / true lime) to it. It's 0 cal, 0 sodium, 0 fat and no sweeteners. It works for me.

There's also True Lemonade and True Raspberry Lemonade that has stevia in it if you want something with a sweetener. I haven't tried these but there's a lot of good reviews.

I also do that because water gets a bit BLAH. Also I found from Vitamin Shoppe and can be found to other health stores is Amino Energy - a fruit punch energy powder to be placed in water and tastes great and has amino acids that get burned out during the day and at workouts. Though it is recommended not to be used after 5pm because of the caffeine content. Thought I haven't noticed much of the caffeine. To me it adds flavor to water.