How do you define a good bikini figure?

Replies

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    When a woman is confident in her appearance, that is a definite plus.

I like a woman that could give a shlt about others' opinions, but can still appreciate a compliment.

This +1
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited April 2016
    I grew up at the beach. I often saw 300lb tourists sporting small bikinis and splashing in the waves like sea lions while their tops were knocked off. Anyone can wear a bikini, but it doesn't mean everyone needs to have the same opinion on things like: what they consider proper wear, what they consider a proper body for the wear, or what they find attractive.

It's a public forum thread asking for individuals opinions. Stop trying to be all PC and shaming others for having an opinion.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Jams009 wrote: »
    I think it's mostly about confidence. But being fit helps, skin tone makes a big difference too.

what difference does skin tone make, again?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Tsartele wrote: »
    For me they look best when they are slim and trim.. You do not have to have a six pack to impress me but definitely no jelly rolls or muffin tops and thunder thighs.

Also this is just a general public service announcement ... If you have had 6 kids then maybe, just maybe a 2 piece bikini is not for you ... same goes for yoga pants.. not for everyone.

He's single ladies!!!! Line on up
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think it's mostly about confidence. But being fit helps, skin tone makes a big difference too.

Blotchy, pimply skin is unattractive. Clear skin with an even tone is more attractive. IMO of course.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    edited April 2016
    Such a loaded question. Yikes
    I'll just say I've only felt confident enough that I have an ok bikini body the last two or three years.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Doesn't matter, only looking at the covered bits anyway because I'm respectful like that...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Put bikini on body. Voila - bikini body.
    IMHO confidence is the most important feature when sporting a bikini.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    It's a public forum thread asking for individuals opinions. Stop trying to be all PC and shaming others for having an opinion.

^^^^^ THIS!
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    krokodils wrote: »
    Is it necesarry be firm and toned, with flat stomach? I've seen so many overall slim to in-between girls who looks great even not being very toned or having small, round 'pooches'...

Nope, not necessary. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Confidence is beautiful.

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited April 2016
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    I grew up at the beach. I often saw 300lb tourists sporting small bikinis and splashing in the waves like sea lions while their tops were knocked off. Anyone can wear a bikini, but it doesn't mean everyone needs to have the same opinion on things like: what they consider proper wear, what they consider a proper body for the wear, or what they find attractive.

I agree, however there is a huge difference between having an opinion and being an *kitten* Hat!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Tuffaknee wrote: »
    Tsartele wrote: »
    For me they look best when they are slim and trim.. You do not have to have a six pack to impress me but definitely no jelly rolls or muffin tops and thunder thighs.

Also this is just a general public service announcement ... If you have had 6 kids then maybe, just maybe a 2 piece bikini is not for you ... same goes for yoga pants.. not for everyone.

Like no offense but if anyone has to see you in swimming trunks you can tolerate seeing a mother of 6 in a bikini.

Eprg8.gif
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    gramarye wrote: »
    I would not turn to @diannethegeek and say, "Your body is the wrong shape for a string bikini" because that's my hang up, not an absolute truth.

That's the problem -- treating opinions like facts.

But you just did this in your own statement. It is your "hang up", but it is still an opinion in which you are validated to give in a thread asking for opinions. She did not say "please state facts." Now if those opinions are taken as facts, that would be the fault of the person receiving said opinions.
  • Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    melmelw03 wrote: »

Noted.
    I'll be sure to keep my pasty, ghost azz off the beach this summer. ;)

J/K...I'll be out there with my 2 kids that *gasp! I gave birth to, and have the scars and stretch marks to prove it.
    And zero fecks shall be given.
    People need to get off this whole worried about how everyone else looks thing and just live your damn life.

But don't you know, since you gave birth your body is now flawed and unpleasant for others to look at?! /s
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

Blotchy, pimply skin is unattractive. Clear skin with an even tone is more attractive. IMO of course.

@Jams009 My mother has autoimmune problems and a variety of skin allergies which have, unfortunately, left her with scar tissue over most of her body. You would not believe the amount of crap she takes from other sunbathers on a beach, whether she wears a bikini or a one piece. People should not be required or asked to cover their blemishes. We all have them. Every one of us. The sun does my mother's body good and helps to clear some of her issues up. You're suggesting that she (and others) should cover up because others find her unattractive?