Logging Oreo cream (No Cookie)?

norie92
norie92 Posts: 115 Member
You know the scene:
Empty Oreo package
Chocolate Oreo wafers strewn about the room, robbed of their inner creamy goodness
You, on the couch or lying face-down on the floor, face full of regret and stomach full of cream

So my question is, how do I log it? I'm not able to find the selection on the search function.

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Weigh the un-eaten portion, log it, and hope for the best.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    norie92 wrote: »
    You know the scene:
    Empty Oreo package
    Chocolate Oreo wafers strewn about the room, robbed of their inner creamy goodness
    You, on the couch or lying face-down on the floor, face full of regret and stomach full of cream

So my question is, how do I log it? I'm not able to find the selection on the search function.

That made me laugh so hard omg lol!!!!!! good luck
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Regular or Double Stuf?
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Regular
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    this totally just made my day - YES I UNDERSTAND.
    Normally when I do something like that I make up a food that's name matches my shame level and give it 9999 for calories.

"deliciously evil face plant into the Oreo bag" - 1 serving, 9999 calories
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    its funny because i like the cookie part better than the cream! lol
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Maybe log it as frosting?
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    4/20 was yesterday....
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    If you want to get complicated about it, you could:

look at the nutritional info for Oreo
    divide the serving info so that you have the nutrition and calories for one cookie
    look at the nutritional info for Oreo Double Stuf
    divide the serving info so that you have the nutrition and calories for one cookie
    subtract the Oreo nutritional info from the Double Stuf info

and that should give you close to the nutritional info for the filling from a single Oreo.

However, the much easier way to go (posted above) is to weigh the leftover cookies and subtract that weight to get the weight of the filling you ate and then just use the Oreo entry with the weight of the filling. IMO, that would be much easier and close enough.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    norie92 wrote: »
    You know the scene:
    Empty Oreo package

I would never EVER regret eating just the filling.

I've used the Oreo - Filling entry for 20 calories but not sure how right that is.

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    seska422 wrote: »
    If you want to get complicated about it, you could:

look at the nutritional info for Oreo
    look at the nutritional info for Oreo Double Stuf
    subtract the Oreo nutritional info from the Double Stuf info

and that should give you close to the nutritional info for the filling from a single Oreo.

However, the much easier way to go (posted above) is to weigh the leftover cookies and subtract that weight to get the weight of the filling you ate and then just use the Oreo entry with the weight of the filling. IMO, that would be much easier and close enough.

I was going to say the same, use the difference between the double stuffed and regular Oreo to get an approximation of the nutrition info for just the cream.

I wouldn't use the weight method because the calorie/weight difference between the cookie part and cream part is quite significant.
  • message4michelle
    message4michelle Posts: 19 Member
    This may be the best post on MFP!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Savage.
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    I would log it as such:

Oreo - 1 cookie (1 serving)
    Oreo - Cookie only no cream (-1 serving)

Obviously I wouldn't be able to weigh with this method, but it appears that oreo cream from one cookie is equal to ~23 calories.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I wish my math teachers used Oreos as examples. I would be a math genius right now!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 431 Member
    edited April 2016
    Weigh it and log it as high fructose corn syrup.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    I dont understand how you eat the filling and not eat the Oreo. Hence the reason I stopped buying oreos years ago.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    I love love love this question!!!!
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    edited April 2016
    I googled it and found this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/328383-nutritional-information-for-oreo-cookies-without-the-cream/

I'm one of those that eats the middles out of the Double Stufs. Haven't done it for a really long time because I can't just eat 2 or 3. Now I want Oreos.