S.B.F. Challenge. . . Jan 16th

Morning all. . .where here's what two months of no spinning gets you. . .a sore bum the next day from the seat. . .and a 250 higher calorie burn. Whoa. Serious.

I realized I've missed it so, so much. . .I have to figure out a way to do it. . .even during the strike.

Today is yoga (in just a few minutes).

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning all. . .where here's what two months of no spinning gets you. . .a sore bum the next day from the seat. . .and a 250 higher calorie burn. Whoa. Serious.

I realized I've missed it so, so much. . .I have to figure out a way to do it. . .even during the strike.

Today is yoga (in just a few minutes).

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Hey there Viv... I just went back and got caught up on the last couple days. Really sorry your doctor was being a jerk, but I'm glad everything is benign. Mary, haven't you realized that most advertising is about ogling women in one way or another? It only figures that as yoga becomes more popular that it would find its way into the mix. :huh: Renae & Arianne, I have been bundling up like crazy here, too. I though my cold was getting better last night until I left the coffee shop and drove home... after breathing that cold air for 15 minutes my chest started hurting! Still does this morning, but I am still hopeful that I am kicking this things. I did do my pushups on Wednesday while watching my BL tape, and have managed to get my (indoor) walks in. I think that's good enough for now. Still drinking lots of water.

We made it through the week! :drinker:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Hi Ladies! Hoping some of you might remember me. SOOOO proud of you all for still being here! I pretty much took a year off and until the last few months of the year maintained what I'd lost. I felt pretty good about that at least. Anyway, I'm back at it again. Eating right and exercising. I'm so excited as my hubby got me a treadmill to run on today and I can't wait to get it together and try it out! Don't know what your current challenge is and if it's too late to join in on it but regardless I'll plan to check in on all of you, if that's okay!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    So everyone needs to come visit me. Other than today, the rest of the forecast calls for highs in the 60s - and sunny all next week. Just don't bring your illnesses :wink: Winter is why people live in Texas.

Today, I think I'm just doing elliptical. My ankles were complaining yesterday - I think from the walk/jog. I'll also be standing all afternoon, so I should take it easy on them. Husband has started jogging. We were comparing notes (semi-competing) last night. He jogs at 5.0 for 2 minutes. He was surprised that I did 5.8 for 3 minutes. I know he will get much better than me soon though. My body just does not like the jogging thing.

Live for today.

Mary
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Hi Ladies! Hoping some of you might remember me. SOOOO proud of you all for still being here! I pretty much took a year off and until the last few months of the year maintained what I'd lost. I felt pretty good about that at least. Anyway, I'm back at it again. Eating right and exercising. I'm so excited as my hubby got me a treadmill to run on today and I can't wait to get it together and try it out! Don't know what your current challenge is and if it's too late to join in on it but regardless I'll plan to check in on all of you, if that's okay!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :flowerforyou:

:heart: :heart: OH MY - WELCOME BACK NICCOLE! :drinker: :drinker:

This fitness challenge doesn't have a beginning or an ending. We never got around to picking an ending date. So jump right in!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Welcome back Niccole! Good to see you again!
    Hi everyone else!
    Well, I still have a nasty sore throat and not feeling so hot. I was suppose to go to the women's Bible study this morning but I didn't feel up to it. Not just physically but mentally and emotionally too. I'm not ready to be in a small setting like that yet. Still really emotional.
    So far everyone has been really supportive about our choice to adopt (if that's what the Lord wills), except for DH mom. Even my dad who has always been a harsh man, was supportive of it.
    Anyway, I was thinking I'd take a day off today but then I realized I need to do sit ups and push ups. Doh! :grumble: So I may run with the wii again today if I feel so inclined. I jogged 13 minutes yesterday which I think is a record for me! Granted I was grumbling half way through. :laugh: Oh and I did ten more minutes with the hula hoop. I also got some more painting done and will do more today.
    I haven't even eaten breakfast yet and it's almost ten. That's unusual for me. feeling lazy today. DH is off work today so that's what's throwing me off.
    You all have a good Friday!
    MM
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    I'm getting a HRM today :drinker: It's going to be a cheaper one from Walmart but at least it's something for now.

I've got tons of errands, a take home test, two papers, and a house to clean so I'm thankful it's a four-day weekend for us! I'm right with my schedule to complete my 430 miles by April 17th so I'm hoping this weekend I can get ahead since I know there are going to be some days I won't be able to make it to the gym!

Well, I'm off to make breakfast and convenience the hubby to get out of bed and go to Walmart with me!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Yay Niccole! :flowerforyou: Of course we remember you! Welcome back. Great job on the maintainence, I think that's the hardest part.

Well, the lungs are hating me so I only walked on the treadmill today. Lifting yesterday was getting my heart rate up and I didn't want to risk an asthma attack without my inhaler, so played it safe.

Glad to read brighter tones in everyones posts! Don't let the winter duldrums get you down. We know this is the toughest part, so stick together and we will win!!! :wink:

Pulling a bunch of doubles this weekend, but have to take advantage of the restaurant since it's a huge ski weekend (should be good $$). Hoping to kick this bug this weekend, but thinking I need to make an appt. next week just in case. I promise to keep my cooties to myself Mary :laugh:

Have a great weekend,
    Arianne :tongue:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I was just going to let you all know that I posted our (Dh's, Alex's and mine) 2008 letter on my blog for my friends to see. If you know of someone else on this site that would benefit from reading it you may share it with them. It's a little lengthy, kind of like most of my posts. :laugh: Okay maybe it's a little longer than my posts. :wink: Anyway, read it if you like! We just wanted to share it with you all. Oh the link is
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mechanicmom
    MM