Less than 20

Excuse me while I have a self absorbed moment.

4 1/2 months ago I started this journey really doubting that I could lose 50 lbs by my birthday in April, but I started anyway. I knew I had to take it one day at a time. I figured the baby weight should come off fairly quickly and after that it would be a struggle. Well the baby weight is gone and I'm now approaching my historical plateau zone. Everytime I have tried to lose weight I get to about 180 and everything just stops. I'm hoping and praying that I can quickly move from 184 (today's weight) to 174 and not get stuck. I'm going to continue to push forward. After losing 30 lbs, 20 doesn't seem like a lot so I know I can do this.

One tiny little aspect of this journey that is driving me nuts, is no one is saying anything. My hubby, my family, my friends...not one person has said anything about how good I look or how great I'm doing. Come on people 30 lbs and you cant utter a "you look great"?? I've been all about internal motivation, but a little external would be great. My hubby makes comments every now and again but they aren't out of the blue comments they are more like when I'm already talking about how great I feel or the scale went down again. I may be at pre preg weight but it certainly is not the same pre preg body. My pre preg pants are falling off....but I weigh the same. UGH, maybe I should go walk by a construction zone and see if I can get some whistles and comments :laugh:

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Excuse me while I have a self absorbed moment.

4 1/2 months ago I started this journey really doubting that I could lose 50 lbs by my birthday in April, but I started anyway. I knew I had to take it one day at a time. I figured the baby weight should come off fairly quickly and after that it would be a struggle. Well the baby weight is gone and I'm now approaching my historical plateau zone. Everytime I have tried to lose weight I get to about 180 and everything just stops. I'm hoping and praying that I can quickly move from 184 (today's weight) to 174 and not get stuck. I'm going to continue to push forward. After losing 30 lbs, 20 doesn't seem like a lot so I know I can do this.

One tiny little aspect of this journey that is driving me nuts, is no one is saying anything. My hubby, my family, my friends...not one person has said anything about how good I look or how great I'm doing. Come on people 30 lbs and you cant utter a "you look great"?? I've been all about internal motivation, but a little external would be great. My hubby makes comments every now and again but they aren't out of the blue comments they are more like when I'm already talking about how great I feel or the scale went down again. I may be at pre preg weight but it certainly is not the same pre preg body. My pre preg pants are falling off....but I weigh the same. UGH, maybe I should go walk by a construction zone and see if I can get some whistles and comments :laugh:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    You know what, I have the same, not one person has commented on how I look now, I've dropped 2 dress sizes, and lost a few inches, yet no one can see - are they ALL blind???

Anyways, well done you, I'm sure you can lose the other 20 in no time, you go girl :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • twoody
    twoody Posts: 42
    Keep up the good work! Congrats! You are an inspiration to people (me) who are just beginning this program! I am very proud of your progress...YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    :smokin: blind with smoke in their eyes.

Congrats to you too!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    I think your doing great! And I hope you get lots of whistles:wink:
    Heres to you my friend on a great job done so far!:drinker:
    ~Roni
  • Katgod318
    Katgod318 Posts: 70 Member
    I agree with the construction zone idea. LOL! Men in your life tend not to compliment out of the blue because they see you every day. Honestly they love you, and they notice the change over time. Most men just skip over the brain cell that says, "Hey, Dingbat, she looks hot, shouldn't you tell her". That brain cell seems to get moved way to the back. LOL!! I am not trying to make excuses for them, it's just they way that are wired. Go figure. Keep up the good work though. I am hoping to lose a fair amount of weight by my birthday too. Keep us posted!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    You have done great thus far and should be so proud of yourself!!!! Keep up the good work:flowerforyou: Go walk that construction zone and strut your stuff:bigsmile:
  • Karennewman is right. When they see you every day the change is hard to notice. I bet anyone who hasn’t seen you in a while would notice right off! So keep up the great work--your progress has been awesome!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    When I lost my first 6 pounds doing weight watchers, my college roommate said to me, "How much weight did you lose this week?"

I told her 6.

Then, she said, "well....if you become a skinny b****, I won't be your friend anymore."

THANKS!!!

It does stink when people are negative about weight loss or do not notice at all.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Men are wired differently and I understand that seeing you day after day they may not see the big change. Maybe it's time to schedule a date with some old friends of mine. Most of them haven't seen me since right after the baby. They will give me great feedback.
    Thanks to those of you that have commented, it lifts my spirits.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!