Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a single meal that is 800 calories, or for a daily goal of only 800? :neutral: Because if it's the latter, the only idea I have for you is to educate yourself on healthy eating and sustainable weight loss, because 800 calories a day way, way too low and a very bad idea.

Why not enter your stats and reasonable goals into MFP and follow the plan? It works very well when used correctly. Eating super low calories generally results in a failed plan, binge eating, frustration, guilt, anger, yoyo dieting, regaining more than you may have lost, brittle nails, thinning hair, low energy, and all sorts of fun stuff.

Personally - my goal has been to eat as MANY calories as I can while still losing weight and reaching my goals, and I have done just that. I dropped the weight and several sizes and have kept it off for over 4 years. I tried eating low cals at first (but not 800 low, more like 1200 and even that was too low), and yeah I lost some weight, but couldn't stick with it, and ended up stopping and starting several times over. It sucks!

Overeating is no good, but under-eating is not going to help either. Treat your body with some respect and give it proper fuel and nutrition - it will thank you for it and you'll look & feel awesome!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    If 800 cals a day is what you are after, you need to get some medical advice and do this only under supervision.
    That's an extremely low amount of calories per day and it will be very hard for most adults to get enough nutrition to stay healthy eating so little.
    Please, either talk to your doctor (eg. if you are extremely obese and have to lose weight for critical health reasons) or choose a more realistic goal. 1200 cals a day for women and 1500 cals/day for men are a general recommendation. These numbers aren't set in stone, but going below them can be risky.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No thanks.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Soliciting and assisting such low calories is against mfp t&cs.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Try re-evaluating your daily calorie allowance.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    JustSomeEm
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.