Just starting

MrsHull840
MrsHull840 Posts: 100 Member
Hi! I just signed up for MFP and was so excited to see this challenge! I started a desk job about three years ago and have since gained 60 pounds. I am eager to reduce my weight and resume my once-active lifestyle.

SW: 267
CW: 267
GW: 227 (hoping to lose 40 pounds since I missed the first five weeks of this.)

Replies

• Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    You can do it!!
  • 3nails1love
    3nails1love Posts: 51 Member
    I'm excited to start too. I weigh often so I am counting the GW from my March 31st weight.

SW: 215.4
    CW: 194.5
    GW: 148.3

March 31st: 203.3
    April 30th:
    May 31st:
    June 30th:
    July 31st:
    August 15th:
    Sept 1st:
  • juliayadda
    juliayadda Posts: 33 Member
    MrsHull840 wrote: »
    Hi! I just signed up for MFP and was so excited to see this challenge! I started a desk job about three years ago and have since gained 60 pounds. I am eager to reduce my weight and resume my once-active lifestyle.

SW: 267
    CW: 267
    GW: 227 (hoping to lose 40 pounds since I missed the first five weeks of this.)

I gained forty at my desk job in three years. I am changing my life style now so I can lose weight and then maintain while chained to my desk most of the day! I wish I had a standing desk option so I could stand for half the day or so.
  • Brittles927
    Welcome to our group @3nails1love :)

@MrsHull840
    Desk jobs are tough! I've been at a desk job for 3 years now, and I gained close to 35lbs over those years :/ hoping to break myself of that over these next few months! I've been thinking about getting one of those bicycles for under your desk, so I can sort of work out during the day.. has anyone had one before?
  • MrsHull840
    Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

I have not had a bike, but I saw this hover -board like thing that hangs under your desk and encourages movement. I'm thinking about getting one of those. It is on indiegogo right now, so there aren't really any reviews.

I did also decide to start c25k this week. I just finished day 2 and am feeling pretty good about it. Thankfully, it is something I can do anywhere.
  • bondgirl50
    bondgirl50 Posts: 42 Member
    Wow guys.... I need to jump on this bandwagon.... I've been sitting at my desk job for almost 25 years then sitting in my car for 1.5 hour commute in total....what is C25K?
  • bondgirl50
    Oh I get it "couch to 5 k" is C25K....maybe I should try it too...the would be awesome if I can do 5k...baby steps though as my knees are shot
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    I was a secretary for a long time and that is exactly how I gained my weight - and with all the food people bring into the office (!!). It only brought out the foodie in me. I went from a size 5 to a size 16 in almost no time.
  • Brittles927
    @bondgirl50 you can do it! The C25K app is really awesome for beginners. I've never been a runner.. never ran a mile. I've never been in good enough shape for it, my life has all been pretty sedentary, I was home schooled and didn't really have a gym class, and for the last 3 (almost) years I've been sitting behind a desk for 40+ hours a week. I started off doing 2 miles with the app in about 37 minutes :# but I'm now down to 29 mins and 45 seconds and I'm on week 3 :) I'm not where I should be yet, but I'm definitely improving! It's very doable!
  • bondgirl50
    @britnaii22 I will definitely try it. I also joined a gym on Wednesday because I felt I need that extra push
  • Brittles927
    @MrsHull840 & @bondgirl50

How are you both doing with C25K app? Are you guys doing anything else for workouts?
  • MrsHull840
    I'm on week 3 day 3 today and am looking forward to my workout. I have tried a couple of YouTube workouts for yoga and Zumba but nothing else has kept my interest. I need to start doing something on my non-running days, though.

How about you?
  • Brittles927
    I honestly have been slacking a bit with the app, but I completed week 3 day 3 on Thursday last week. My MIL is taking my peanut tonight for a few hours though so I'm going to *attempt* week 4 day 1 tonight lol! I did do a hike on Saturday, it was fantastic! I'm going to do a lot of hiking this summer :)

I absolutely love Zumba - it's almost like you're not even working out :)
  • bondgirl50
    @britnaii22. ..I haven't tried the c2k yet... I do 2 aquafit classes a week and I do weights and a bit of cardio on twice a week
  • joannemonette1
    I've been doing step aerobics - a DVD actually - almost everyday. It's in two parts - beginner and advanced. I've been doing the beginner part and it kicks my butt. I'm loving it - but also surprised at how uncoordinated I can be (I used to dance, for goodness sakes). But I'm seeing my old body peaking through my clothes. It's a nice feeling. I wanna say to the mirror "Hello, old friend...you look a teeny bit familiar" :smiley:
  • joannemonette1
    Also - I have a colonoscopy coming up in a few weeks (TMI?). I'm nervous - and looking forward to finding out how my insides are doing, since this is a critical part of my dieting. Not looking forward to all the fasting -- But worth putting it all behind me (no pun intended).
  • Brittles927
    @joannemonette1 - You burn tons of calories when you do that! (not the colonoscopy lol, but good luck with that!) but I'm going to have to try doing Aerobics! :) How long do you typically do the DVD for?