Almost to maintenance!

I'm so excited to be almost there! A few months ago, I had decided to switch my focus to fitness and see where the numbers fell, but the last few weeks I've tried really hard to stay in a deficit. I finally chipped away at a few pounds and I'm almost to my actual goal!

1.5 pounds to a new low weight and 5 pounds to goal! Still focusing on weight training and fitness but I know I can tighen up on the calories here and there. I would love some encouraging friends in/near maintenance :D

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 874 Member
    Great job!!

I am in maintenance & still trying to maintain... LOL

I put 4lbs back on so I changed my settings again to lose .5lbs per week. Someday I will get a handle on my eating habits... :)
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    WTG!
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    awesome! I'm only 8 pounds away from goal weight & maintenance myself! it's exciting!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Good job!
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Way to go OP! I hit my original goal last week, but decided to keep going another 3 to 5 pounds to improve my body fat %.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Me too! 7 pounds to go and I will be on the high side of my goal. I will then switch the goal to lose 1/2 pound week and lose slower to lose another 3 pounds.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    ... make that 7! I can almost taste it!
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    edited May 2016
    Approaching my 1year in maintenance mark (next month). Exercise helps so glad you have been focusing more on that.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    I thought 155 lbs would be my maintenance goal but hit that and kept going... I thought 145lbs would really do it...I'm at 147lbs and two more will not get me there.. Onward solider with the hope that 140 will be the "nice spot"! Sooo hopefully 7 more pounds to go for me as well. Cutting back a little more and exercising a little more as well. :)
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Syneea wrote: »
    I thought 155 lbs would be my maintenance goal but hit that and kept going... I thought 145lbs would really do it...I'm at 147lbs and two more will not get me there.. Onward solider with the hope that 140 will be the "nice spot"! Sooo hopefully 7 more pounds to go for me as well. Cutting back a little more and exercising a little more as well. :)

It tends to work out that way! I've changed my goal about five times! When you get close, you know if it's right for you.
  • jestbreathe
    jestbreathe Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2016

My first goal was 150; my current goal is 125. My goal has changed about three times because when I reached each new goal, I realized I was still carrying more body fat than I wanted. I am at 127 with a height of 5'4", and my body fat is much closer to what I want. At 66 yoa, it takes strength exercises to replace muscle with fat. That is where my focus is at this point. Instead of worrying about the number on the scale so much, I concern myself with replacing fat with muscle. I am OK with 130 pounds, but I am not OK with flabby fat!
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member

Exactly same for me...
    I thought 154 would be goal. No.
    Then 144. No
    My trend weightis at 140, and I still dont think I'm done. Maybe another 5-10 pounds :)