Woman who started at a weight of 175-180

tempuress_82
tempuress_82 Posts: 101 Member
Eating healthy and water water water with exercise daily...what was /is your goal and is 2 day resting days better for outcome?

Replies

• haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Started at 175 on December 21st, now 145. I'm 5'5". I just stick to my calories and goals and let the MFP math do its job. I don't do cheat days with my diet, but I'll do the occasional rest day from exercise. Not sure what you were asking.
  • tempuress_82
    haviegirl wrote: »
    Started at 175 on December 21st, now 145. I'm 5'5". I just stick to my calories and goals and let the MFP math do its job. I don't do cheat days with my diet, but I'll do the occasional rest day from exercise. Not sure what you were asking.

My rest days are from my exercises not from my diet ...so youre correct on what inwas asking ☺
  • tempuress_82

My rest days are from my exercises not from my diet ...so youre correct on what inwas asking ☺

And wtg..good job btw
  • tempuress_82
    Started at 170 on January 127th..I am 156 now...I am 5'1

Awesome im 5'2" ..and you seem to be doing extremely well
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    I'm 5'5. SW 174 at the end of June. Weight lifted as my main form of exercise throughout. CW as of today is 137, and my trend-weight is 140. Now I'm focusing on a slow recomp with a slight deficit. Might try to lose another 5 pounds or so.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member

And wtg..good job btw

Thanks! My goal is 130-135. Weight loss has slowed down, but it doesn't worry me. I lift twice a week, and walk or run on the other days. My husband and I try to hike each weekend, but weather and life don't always permit that.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2016
    I started February 22nd. ( had my son February 19th ). Im 5ft 5 and I was 205 when he was born and I'm down a pound LESS than my pre pregnancy weight at 162!. My main goal is to be around 150, but I'd like to get to the 140s really. So ultimately I have around another 20lbs I want to lose. I eat on average 1450 calories a day I don't have the opportunity to do much Cardio but I do strength exercises 5-6 days a week. I do a lot of squats, leg lifts, push ups, ect... I'm hoping by next month I will able to do the 30 day shred but getting 30 minutes of time to myself is almost impossible with 4 kids lol.
  • cmoll520
    cmoll520 Posts: 60 Member
    Jan 2015 I was 175 and over about 6 months lost 48lbs. I've maintained between 125 and 127 since then. I just used mfp and my Fitbit.
  • SWellz
    SWellz Posts: 62 Member
    I'm 5'5'', (re)started at 174 lbs in February, and I'm down to 157.6. I'm getting married in September and would like to be in the 140s; it's really an arbitrary goal but I'm sticking to it lol. My ultimate goal weight is low 130s, but I'm not putting a timeline on it. I'll get there when I get there.
  • gillielizsr
    gillielizsr Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 5'5", started at 185 in January, and am currently at 163. I really only track calories and don't exercise much, so for that I'm very happy with the results so far. GW 140!
  • tltmom
    tltmom Posts: 37 Member
    edited May 2016
    5'6"
    SW 178 8/15
    CW 150-152
    I've been maintaining that weight since 2/1/16.
    Did a half marathon so I put a check mark next to that goal on the list, now I'm ready to tackle getting to my GW of 140. It will be slow so I'm hoping to get there in 8/16.
    FWIW running has been great for my BP and my sense of well-being, but the weight came off with vastly improved eating habits. I could not outrun a bad diet (although I certainly tried!)
  • caughtredhandd83
    caughtredhandd83 Posts: 28 Member
    I'm 5'6" with a starting weight of 180. I'm 55 days in, and down 8 lbs. I set it for 1 lb per week, so I'm on track. Going for the slow and steady approach to try and lose fat but build muscle. I also want this to be a sustainable lifestyle after I reach my goal, which is 135-140. I take a couple rest days per week from exercise and do a mix of running, Zumba, Tae bo, walking and light weights the rest of the time. I would love some advice on weight training if anyone has a guided program or app they follow for that. A personal trainer is just not in the budget right now.
  • tempuress_82
    SWellz wrote: »
    I'm 5'5'', (re)started at 174 lbs in February, and I'm down to 157.6. I'm getting married in September and would like to be in the 140s; it's really an arbitrary goal but I'm sticking to it lol. My ultimate goal weight is low 130s, but I'm not putting a timeline on it. I'll get there when I get there.

Youll get there ....congrats on wedding
  • tempuress_82
    I'm 5'6" with a starting weight of 180. I'm 55 days in, and down 8 lbs. I set it for 1 lb per week, so I'm on track. Going for the slow and steady approach to try and lose fat but build muscle. I also want this to be a sustainable lifestyle after I reach my goal, which is 135-140. I take a couple rest days per week from exercise and do a mix of running, Zumba, Tae bo, walking and light weights the rest of the time. I would love some advice on weight training if anyone has a guided program or app they follow for that. A personal trainer is just not in the budget right now.

I would LOVE to try zumba...or kick boxing.....hows the zumba going ? Is it true you burn almost 1000 calories per session?
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    I started at 179 in November 2015, I was at 172 when i started MFP in end of December. I'm 151 now: just under 30 pounds lost, just over 20 more to get to my goal weight of 130.
    When I started getting serious about my fitness, fifty pounds just seemed impossible!

I started with 1200 calories a day + half my exercise calories until I was out of the Obese BMI category, then upped to 1330 + half my exercise calories, and I take one day a week, usually my weekend 'splurge' day to eat at maintenance, which is around 1770 according to my Garmin.

I have a spinal injury (post-surgery) that limits my exercise to walking, swimming, and indoor cardio on a stride-stepper machine (Gazelle). I started out in November walking 20 minutes a day, then upped to 30, and now walk 5 miles 3 days a week, swimming for 45 minutes on the two days that I don't walk. ]

As to whether you can lose 1000 calories per hour of Zumba, it really depends on your metabolism, your body type, weight, fitness level, etc. Some people, some people barely scrape out 400 calories per session. It's best to wear a fitness monitor with a heart rate monitor to figure out what you're actual burn is, since most calorie burns you find online are just estimates based on normal fit test subjects. (OR are seriously inflated by the sellers of the exercise machine or program to make them look better.)
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    5'5", 24 years old. Stared at 180 at the beginning of February. Currently 165. Goal 130.

I do yoga between four and six times a week and usually eat back between none and half of my exercise calories depending on how hungry I am. I also go on walks a few times a week (usually only 1-2 miles) along the river near where I live.
  • caughtredhandd83
    caughtredhandd83 Posts: 28 Member

I would LOVE to try zumba...or kick boxing.....hows the zumba going ? Is it true you burn almost 1000 calories per session?[/quote].

I couldn't really tell you how much Zumba burns. So much depends on your body composition and how enthusiastic you are. I usually give it my all as I love to dance, and MFP usually estimates about 400-500 calories for the class (I think?).
    I should wear a heart rate monitor, but I haven't taken that step yet. All I know is that I enjoy it, the time goes by fast and I leave very sweaty. So give it a try!

• LeannLR
    LeannLR Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 5'3" and 183. I have lost 10 gained 12 for the last few years now. My goal is 130, which is lean for me...I carry a lot of muscle but gain fat very fast. I'm also 41. I stopped drinking, and I am inputting every bite. I need to lose so I can go in the Air Reserve this fall.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!