May Goals Thread

cmchandler74
cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
How is it almost May already?

Time for May goals. List 'em up here!

Replies

• cmchandler74
    1. Make it all the way through biceps in my Muscle Max class without stopping on the new weight bar I'm using (the other areas are going great!).
    2. Figure out what's going on with my hips (it's starting to impact my running ability). Maybe switch to walking for a bit?
    3. NO MORE FREAKIN' CHEESE CRACKERS. THEY ARE BANISHED.
    4. Hit my goal weight of 130 lbs. and assess if I need to lose more.
    5. Start discussing and training my brain to deal with long-term maintenance.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Monthly challenges with my regular workouts have proven too much. So no challenge this month. I may do some daily workouts, but not another challenge.

1. -13 lbs...it's a LOFTY goal, has really no end date, but here's the thing. I already hit my surgeon's goal and he won't set more, so I have to. 13lbs brings me to 170. So, after that it's 10lbs at a time, no real END goal.
    2. Plan my weekends better. I tend to consume way under my goals when I'm not at work because I'm not as structured.

Those are my two big ones this month. If I think of something else, I'll add to it! *smile*
  • BethyAnny
    BethyAnny Posts: 11 Member
    I'm going to jump right in here.

(1) get 64 oz. of water each day.
    (2) Lose 10 pounds (actually hoping for 15 to get me into "two hundred land").

I'm 2 mo. post op RNY, so I'm hoping the stall I've had this month is over!
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    1). Get 64 oz of water every day
    2). Lose 4.8 more pounds so I can officially move from an "Obese" BMI to the "Overweight" category! (of course I want to do more than that, but that's a big goal for me).
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    I am adding on to my April goals (1-6) -

1. Cardio - minimum 5 times a week, minimum 45 minutes.
    2. Strength training routine that I got from my trainer - 3 times a week.
    3. Attend lunchtime yoga at work (they have it twice a week).
    4. Log my food EVERY day, even on weekends (which is when I tend to get a little sloppy).
    5. Exercise outside at least once a week.
    6. Finally go on a Sunday morning hike with my friend's hiking group.
    7. Work on increasing my water.
    8. Try two new recipes.
  • cmchandler74
    Autum1031 wrote: »
    Lose 4.8 more pounds so I can officially move from an "Obese" BMI to the "Overweight" category! (of course I want to do more than that, but that's a big goal for me).

I feel ya. The last amount of pounds to my goal that I'm struggling so hard with get me to "healthy weight" and the fact it's SO CLOSE and is so hard to get there has been driving me nuts.

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    I'm jumping in!

1- Get back to the gym, even if it's just the elliptical or treadmill for an hour
    2- Stop with the PEANUT BUTTER CRACKERS - I am addicted!!!
    3- Get back on track with my protein
    4- Lose this last 7lbs for good... need to stop yo-yoing with them...
    5- Stop letting my emotions dictate my eating habits (this one is a tough one and constant work in progress)
    I'm sure there are more goals I will think of later on, but this is a good start I think :)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Now that I've reached my initial goal weight (yay!)...I'm going to only weigh once a week. I'm a little obsessive about my trend line. This could be hard.

...and I want to be 60 minutes or less on my 10k time. I'm not sure that I can shave 5 minutes in a month but I sure am going to give it a go.
  • cmchandler74
    Congrats on reaching your goal!! Way to go!
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    Hit onederland! No more starting with a 2!!! Less than 8 pounds is totally doable!
  • Ultima_Morpha

Thank you...I am technically still at an overweight BMI but I've retained/gained a nice level of muscle mass. I'm not sure how much further I should lose until I see the doctor. I'm pretty lean...except for the loose skin!
  • Sylvarose
    Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
    1) Get back up to 8,000 steps a day
    2) Drink a minimum of 56oz a water a day
    3) Get to PF a minimum of 4x a week
    4) Get up and move during the day at the office a minimum of once a day.
    5) Follow Doctor and Dietitian's guidelines
    6) Complete my food journal daily.
    7) Be patient and loving with myself. Change is a slow process and no one is perfect.
  • cmchandler74
    BStruble2 wrote: »
    Hit onederland! No more starting with a 2!!!

Yaaaaaasss! Great job!

Thank you...I am technically still at an overweight BMI but I've retained/gained a nice level of muscle mass. I'm not sure how much further I should lose until I see the doctor. I'm pretty lean...except for the loose skin!

I'm just under 4 lbs. away from my goal and once I get there, I will be right under the healthy weight/overweight line. I kind of feel the same way - 15 more lbs. after that puts me in the middle of my BMI range, but I feel like I may end up looking emaciated if I keep going that far. Maybe another 5-10 max, if even that much, is what I would consider. My doctor hasn't said much in the way of help - she just recommended I lose until I feel that it's right and that my general health (which is the best it has ever been in my adult life) is the biggest thing to watch. So..... IDK. Not sure what to do when I get there.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    BStruble2 wrote: »
    Hit onederland! No more starting with a 2!!!

Yaaaaaasss! Great job!

I'm just under 4 lbs. away from my goal and once I get there, I will be right under the healthy weight/overweight line. I kind of feel the same way - 15 more lbs. after that puts me in the middle of my BMI range, but I feel like I may end up looking emaciated if I keep going that far. Maybe another 5-10 max, if even that much, is what I would consider. My doctor hasn't said much in the way of help - she just recommended I lose until I feel that it's right and that my general health (which is the best it has ever been in my adult life) is the biggest thing to watch. So..... IDK. Not sure what to do when I get there.

I'm planning on getting some sort of body composition test--DEXA or BodPod--done to help me decide next steps.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    May Goals

1. Gym or outdoor run - minimum 5 times a week
    2. Strength training - adding something new each week (focus on inner thighs this month)
    3. Drink more water and add protein shakes back in for breakfast more frequently.
    4. Log my food more consistently
    5. Lose this last ONE lb that is hovering to reach my personal goal of being 1/2 my orig body weight!!

June 15 will be my 1 year surgiversary and I feel like a new person!!
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    the end of may will be 5 months for me and i feel like right now i'm at a stand point at losing weight. the scale keeps going up and down by one number...lol so my goals are

1. continue to stay motivated on the exercise plan i created and add more to it
    2. eat more protein (i'm barely getting in the 65 they want me at)
    3. maintain water intake
    4. explore new healthy recipe ideas

has anyone had any sweet cravings? i know from time to time i have them
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Increase my water intake. I was doing really well, but now, not so much. I can do it, but I haven't been. I need to carry my bottle around and just do it!

• cmchandler74
    Weekly check-in!

1. Make it all the way through biceps in my Muscle Max class without stopping on the new weight bar I'm using (the other areas are going great!).
    I'm making it through, barely, but man, are my arms really starting to show the improvement. This was a good step and I just need to keep working to make it consistent.

2. Figure out what's going on with my hips (it's starting to impact my running ability). Maybe switch to walking for a bit?
    It was definitely the running. :'( I've been walking instead but I'm going to incorporate some stretches and some small running amounts back in to see if this is temporary or if it's going to be a continuous thing.

Doing OK on this one. My husband is not buying them anymore, so out of sight, out of mind.

Still working on this. 3 1/2 lbs. to go.

Brought this one up at support group the other night and didn't really get a lot of practical advice. The nurse that runs the group thinks that my body will pretty much stop the weight loss when it's ready, so as long as I'm not adding on more of an exercise regimen, then I shouldn't have to adjust my caloric intake; it will become harder to lose once I hit goal. This is proving largely true the closer I get, so.... Maybe I'll open up another topic on this to let people who are in maintenance chime in.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Weekly check-in!

I'm making it through, barely, but man, are my arms really starting to show the improvement. This was a good step and I just need to keep working to make it consistent.

It was definitely the running. :'( I've been walking instead but I'm going to incorporate some stretches and some small running amounts back in to see if this is temporary or if it's going to be a continuous thing.

Doing OK on this one. My husband is not buying them anymore, so out of sight, out of mind.

Still working on this. 3 1/2 lbs. to go.

Brought this one up at support group the other night and didn't really get a lot of practical advice. The nurse that runs the group thinks that my body will pretty much stop the weight loss when it's ready, so as long as I'm not adding on more of an exercise regimen, then I shouldn't have to adjust my caloric intake; it will become harder to lose once I hit goal. This is proving largely true the closer I get, so.... Maybe I'll open up another topic on this to let people who are in maintenance chime in.

Try pigeon pose and crescent lunges to help stretch and strengthen your hip flexors. Adding 30-60 minutes of power yoga a week has helped my running a lot.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member

Try pigeon pose and crescent lunges to help stretch and strengthen your hip flexors. Adding 30-60 minutes of power yoga a week has helped my running a lot.

I have really noticed the difference in my body since I started yoga. It's helped improve my flexibility and strength, which has helped my cardio workouts and strength training. It just makes me feel better overall!