What's your first 5k race?

RespectTheKitty
RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
I've picked out my first race - The Brookfield Zoo Run Run 5k on 9/11/2016. Registration starts May 30, and I will be registering that day!

For those of you not familiar with Brookfield Zoo, it is an absolutely wonderful place, and the run takes place entirely on zoo grounds, so it should be a blast.

https://www.czs.org/zoorunrun

What is/was your first 5k race?

Replies

• inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    My first 5k is gonna be next month, on June 4th - Cosley Zoo Run for Animals. If I like it, then I'll for sure register for that Brookfield Zoo run as well :)
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    I signed up for a 5K run through Disney World in January :)

Given that it's now May, I might have to find something earlier a little closer to home though.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Color in Motion run in late July. I'm on week 4, so hope it gives me enough time to really get ready (especially if I repeat a week)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    inka912 wrote: »
    My first 5k is gonna be next month, on June 4th - Cosley Zoo Run for Animals. If I like it, then I'll for sure register for that Brookfield Zoo run as well :)

I love the Cosley Zoo! Such a cute little zoo.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    My first true 5K is July 9th but I'm also doing a mud run/obstacle course Jun 4th!
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Mine is the Color Run second week of June. On week 7 now and aiming to complete week 8 in the next couple of weeks. This gives 3-4 weeks to improve before the race!
  • lornaharton
    lornaharton Posts: 18 Member
    I'm doing a 5k on Southampton airport runway on June 26th. Should hopefully be on week 8 of C25K by then. On week 3 now :-o
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited May 2016
    I did my first run on May 14th Color me Rad. It was fun. Not to much running though as there were lots of people and not much room to run. I found it pretty easy. I thought it was going to be hard. I have a 10K run in Oct. I don't think it will be as easy.
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    I am planning on running the Diva Run in Peachtree City GA on Sept 10. I have 109 days to get ready! I added a little countdown box to the my phone screen so I can stay motivated.