any trick to calm down hunger

Hey guyz its been three week of my diet and i am still feeling hingry all the time my body is not getting use to.any suggestion plz

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Can't see your journal. Are you actually eating enough? Are the foods you are filling yourself with satiating enough to keep you full?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Slamma-jam some water.
    Drink two or three glasses of water rapidly as fast as you can-- (room temperature not iced)-- to the point you actually feel a little nauseous. That usually takes care of my hunger!

Anad if you feel like snacking, reach for protein-- some turkey jerkey, a hard boiled egg, some nuts-- rather than sugars or carbs.
  • MultipleHigh5s
    MultipleHigh5s Posts: 49 Member
    I snack on low calorie veg between meals, if I get super hungry.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Agree with previous.
    Protein can be more satiating or keep you fuller longer.
    Drink lots of water.
    Look at fiber intake and fill up on lots of veggies too.
  • jvrnaeem
    jvrnaeem Posts: 5 Member
    Can't see your journal. Are you actually eating enough? Are the foods you are filling yourself with satiating enough to keep you full?
    Actualy m eating burrito without beans rice chees and any sauce.with chicken but m feeling crazy hungry all tim
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    in general, focus on protien, fats, and fiber. these will help you feel full longer

the water thing always made me hungrier.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    I have a hard time snacking, it's never enough to make me feel "not hungry" so I often try to stick with 2 - 3 large, filling meals thru the day
  • jvrnaeem
    jvrnaeem Posts: 5 Member
    AspenDan wrote: »
    I have a hard time snacking, it's never enough to make me feel "not hungry" so I often try to stick with 2 - 3 large, filling meals thru the day
    So u r loosing enough weight too?
  • dlcshan
    dlcshan Posts: 45 Member
    Specifically with the burrito, having the beans would be better since they give protein and fiber. Outside of that, specifics are hard without without knowing your specifics.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    I snack on a granola bar or even unsalted nuts. Normally I drink water a half hour before just to make sure I really hungry and not just bored.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I use a fibre drink called regucol to keep myself well, regular. The side effect of it is that it makes me feel very full and it is only 5 calories.
    You can also fill up on 10 calorie sugar free jelly, bags of salad leaves.
  • mickeycunn
    mickeycunn Posts: 1 Member
    Are you getting enough calories?
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Less sugar more fiber and protein. Drink water with and after meals.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    I drink water 30 min before I eat. That lets me know if I was bored or just hungry. You need water daily anyway so that is a good way to get it in.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    For me delaying eating in the morning, coffee, protein, taking a walk/exercise, and using low starch veggies to add bulk to meals.

You could have a good sized salad with the burrito for around 50 calories if you us a low cal dressing of some kind...or none...some people are fine with just lemon juice. Leave the cheese off the burrito and it would probably net out as less calories overall.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,469 Member
    I do three, four meals a day. Snacking gets me off track. I know thats not for everybody, just my experience. I plan my days meals ahead. I can change if things dont work out. It takes a few weeks to get the calories and the foods you feel good with, then it gets easier. Make sure your calorie intake is adequate too, otherwise its a saboutage.
    Water, walks, & mfp community curbs appetites!
  • bigdogintheyard
    bigdogintheyard Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2016
    Protein is what does it for me. 16 oz of egg whites is 250 cals, add some veg like peppers, onions, mushrooms - Bam, super full.

Also people knock eating "clean" but I don't have many cravings because I eat steamed veg, lean meats, beans, nuts, oatmeal, sweet potatoes stuff like that. If I have mac and cheese, something sweet besides fruit or something fatty/salt my cravings are way up for at least a couple of days. It's like they wake up from a deep sleep.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    edited May 2016
    Try a few nuts or a boiled egg and lots of water. Or black coffee.

If you are not feeling dizzy, headache or any of the dangerous symptoms, ignore the hunger. You'll train your body to tolerate hunger and it will go away.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    hot drinks help for me - teas, broth, whatever.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Ask nicely.