Why is being a stripper bad?

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Strippers make people happy. That's more than I can say for most people. I say they are unsung heroes.

thats illusion. happiness is deep inside and generally not merely an outward euphoria.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    i always see ads on craigslist about guys who want to help out girls financially just for being their friend because they are lonely. then you'd be doing something nice and making money

*sarcasm* dear god i hope.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    My hubby "knew" a girl way back, she made money by sitting with old men topless. Just talking....LOTS of money....To each their own, I guess! Not sure where she is now, probably still sitting with those old men....
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Well obviously there are different definitions of strippers here; keep it on, take it off.

I think some people use it to pay their way through college or to get to there "next" step in life, but the majority of the people that are publicized, or that most people think of when they think of this are the ones who consider it as a career in itself, or worse have absolutely no aspirations.

I had a friend who tried it to pay for College, but upon trying, she found that even the nicer places had co-workers who still had the wrong ideas, and ended up getting out of it. Basically it can be perfectly fine, but it can also be a very slippery slope as well.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    i always see ads on craigslist about guys who want to help out girls financially just for being their friend because they are lonely. then you'd be doing something nice and making money

Craigslist isn't Classy. She should check out Sugar Baby University instead
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    ugly dirty world out there. longer you live in it, the dirtier you get.

gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills in the meantime. strippings legal at least. long as you don't end up snorting coke off the top of the toilet roll holder in the back of the bathroom you'll prob be okay.

lovely here come the judgey comments about doing coke off the top of the toilet roll holder smh

Imma judge those of you who don't share.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    ugly dirty world out there. longer you live in it, the dirtier you get.

gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills in the meantime. strippings legal at least. long as you don't end up snorting coke off the top of the toilet roll holder in the back of the bathroom you'll prob be okay.

lovely here come the judgey comments about doing coke off the top of the toilet roll holder smh

LOL..But slightly off topic, I used to work in Loss Prevention for a major chain. My job was to break down video whenever an issue in the store or facility arose. One time, the video was priceless..two guys in the can, doing coke, yup...ON THE TOILET COVER! I *kitten* you not! We were SO grossed out while printing the pictures, not because they were doing coke, but YUCK, on the TOILET! Do it off your hand at least!!! :p
  • jnichel
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    celadontea wrote: »
    Bad and Good are arbitrary.

Uhhhhh. Wrong! Tell it to the holocaust victims family.

Huh, somehow went from stripping to the Holocaust. You're a pro at this Internet thingy.
  • jnichel
    i'm not going to hijack the thread. This is about a young girl contemplating taking her clothes off for money with the blessing of her parents. *smh*.

And? Don't like it? Don't go to where she's dancing. Or are you worried about her, "soul"?
  • jnichel
    it needs locked.

I agree, to keep certain types of people out.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    I've been wondering why being a stripper is bad because I honestly want to be a stripper. They make really good money and can wear really cute clothes. I see nothing morally wrong with being a stripper unless you have kids... Then you should probably get a better job. What do you think?

I see you're 18 years old. Would you have a problem telling your parents what you do for work? Any of your siblings? If you do, then it may not be for you.

Also, "wear really cute clothes"? Do strippers actually wear clothes?

Edit: You should probably just get a job at Hooters or Twin Peaks.

Yes my parents know I have also gotten permission from them to be a stripper for money for college I just have to be classy and yes classy ones do

Stripping while classy? Um...are you talking about a burlesque?

That's the only thing I can think of. Does she know what strippers do exactly??
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2016
    draco706 wrote: »
    I know 4 ladies who stripped to pay for school. One is now a nurse, one is a respiratory therapist, one is a pilot, and the other dropped out.

This.

BUT like someone else said, it can mess with you and you should seriously consider how it may make you feel about "yourself" in the long run and the kind of person you turn in to. A lot of times it leads to being harassed, followed by creeps, drug use, sex with customers, etc. A stripper is only being seen as a piece of meat and they don't care about you. If you like that kind of attention then go for it! I personally have only ever wanted the men that I'm totally committed to in a relationship to see my body and get my attention on them only. I don't think I ever would have found any "quality" men if someone I met found out I had worked as a stripper in the past. Plus, I talk to my kids about my past life and I would have to lie to them or leave that part out and that wouldn't feel right to me.

Just giving you things to think about and not condemning you at all. If you have the body and the time to do it then go for it! Your life and your choice