I did a full 30 minutes on my bike!!!!!

AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
I bought my recumbent bike February 2008 with my tax refund and I used it faithfully last spring until we moved back into an apt. It got burried in my room and I used it as a clothes rack for months. At Christmas my sister helped me rearrange the furniture so I could put it in the living room and watch TV while I ride. I started out like before 10-15 min was the most my knees could take. I have been doing 15-30 min a day but breaking it up into smaller times throughout the day for the past couple of weeks. Well this morning I was watching the news and noticed when the 15 min were up I was still ok so I thought I'd do 20, then got to 25 and my knees were starting to hurt a little but I knew I could do another 5 so I did it!!!!! First time ever! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!:drinker: :bigsmile:
Amy

118984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    I bought my recumbent bike February 2008 with my tax refund and I used it faithfully last spring until we moved back into an apt. It got burried in my room and I used it as a clothes rack for months. At Christmas my sister helped me rearrange the furniture so I could put it in the living room and watch TV while I ride. I started out like before 10-15 min was the most my knees could take. I have been doing 15-30 min a day but breaking it up into smaller times throughout the day for the past couple of weeks. Well this morning I was watching the news and noticed when the 15 min were up I was still ok so I thought I'd do 20, then got to 25 and my knees were starting to hurt a little but I knew I could do another 5 so I did it!!!!! First time ever! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!:drinker: :bigsmile:
    Amy

118984.png
  • That is wonderful!! Great job!!!
    You will be my inspiration today when I hit the gym!
  • Good Job! Keep up the good work!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Yay for you that is great Keep up the good work
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Why to go girl. I walked 50 min with my dogs this morning. Yeah, we've done our exercise early today.
    Pam
  • Good job! Take pride in each step you take.

But watch out for your knees. I speak from painful experience that you ignore pain at your peril.
  • great :flowerforyou:
    i love hearing about these milestones and find it very inspirational. way to go
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    You are going to reach your goals this time. Keep up the good work!!!!:tongue:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Yeah, Amy! Way to go, you have encourage me to get on mine. I was stalling around this morning!
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    I am really proud of you. Every little bit counts. My hsubands co-workers just moved to a apartment and sold us his PRO-FORM treadmill for 100 bucks. I been on it 3 times this week. This makes it a little easier when I'm running late to the gym. I also decided to watch my favorite show (Law and Order) working out instead of sitting on the counch eating a snack. Way to go girl! I saw that you lost ten pounds. I weighed in at WW and lost 3.2 pounds. I'm down 6.8 in two weeks Yeah!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!! I have my bike in the living room too, I watch t.v. or listen to music while I do it, so that makes it easier. congrats
  • AmyNVegas
    I am really proud of you. Every little bit counts. My hsubands co-workers just moved to a apartment and sold us his PRO-FORM treadmill for 100 bucks. I been on it 3 times this week. This makes it a little easier when I'm running late to the gym. I also decided to watch my favorite show (Law and Order) working out instead of sitting on the counch eating a snack. Way to go girl! I saw that you lost ten pounds. I weighed in at WW and lost 3.2 pounds. I'm down 6.8 in two weeks Yeah!

I love your name and pic they are so cute! Slow and steady wins the race right?:flowerforyou:
    Thanks for the encouragement.:bigsmile:
    Amy
    118984.png
  • AmyNVegas
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!! I have my bike in the living room too, I watch t.v. or listen to music while I do it, so that makes it easier. congrats

I am proud of you too you are doing great! :drinker:

I love having it in my living room and since it is right there I have no excuse and I am more likely to just hop on and do 15 min when I can watch my fav shows while I work out. :bigsmile:

Amy

118984.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!