Vegetable rights

1235»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    <crickets>

I've been waiting on pins and needles for more info about vegetable rights. This thread is a real nail biter... So many questions. What about fruit rights? Will I get the most likes?

My first thought was that the thread belongs in Chit-Chat with threads of similar intellect and levels of educational information. You know, threads such as "Bang, Date, Marry, Pass?", "Rate the member above you", or "I would _______ the above member".

0/10 would kill carrot
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    megan_h26 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    Oh, this is a disguised vegans are right, everyone else is wrong thread.

Not today mfp, not today.

tumblr_lwhgwc8cqc1qiadpyo1_500.gif

Difficult to camouflage that self righteous soap box though...

The agenda eventually surfaces if given enough time posts.

The goal is to learn interesting ideas about what we eat.

I still haven't learnt anything interesting--waiting.........

I think I'll just repost this OP. Another page gone by and I'm still waiting too. You came on with alot of promises--nothing but idle chatter so far. Explain your thread and argument, instead of expecting others to do it for you. Still waiting...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    So no one has actually claimed to believe in vegetable rights, right?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    So no one has actually claimed to believe in vegetable rights, right?

No one.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Shocking!

;-)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,469 Member
    edited May 2016
    If I believed in 'vegetable rights', the only thing I can think of to do to survive and live up to my convictions about the lives of vegetables would be to relocate to Hawaii where I saw masses of fallen mangoes and fallen fruits that were free for anyone who was shameless enough to pick them up and eat them. People trying this should be careful to check the fruits before eating, especially if they are convinced vegan who are shunning the eating of animals, bugs, worms, insects as there is high riskof accidently eating bugs and critters un-awaredly.
  • megan_h26
    megan_h26 Posts: 325 Member
    Gamliela wrote: »
    If I believed in 'vegetable rights', the only thing I can think of to do to survive and live up to my convictions about the lives of vegetables would be to relocate to Hawaii where I saw masses of fallen mangoes and fallen fruits that were free for anyone who was shameless enough to pick them up and eat them. People trying this should be careful to check the fruits before eating, especially if they are convinced vegan who are shunning the eating of animals, bugs, worms, insects as there is high riskof accidently eating bugs and critters un-awaredly.

lol Interesting!
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    that feeling when you are trying to compare plants to sentient creatures who are tortured, kept in horrible conditions their entire life, and then slaughtered.

Judge-Judy-Eye-Roll.gif

THIS!
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    that feeling when you are trying to compare plants to sentient creatures who are tortured, kept in horrible conditions their entire life, and then slaughtered.

Judge-Judy-Eye-Roll.gif

THIS!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2016
    Science is showing more and more that plants are much more aware of their surroundings and more actively involved socially than we ever imagined.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=U-KD_O2Ccrs

That said. I still enjoy eating them as well as all of the other wonderful delicious creatures out there.
  • megan_h26
    Science is showing more and more that plants are much more aware of their surroundings and more actively involved socially than we ever imagined.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=U-KD_O2Ccrs

That said. I still enjoy eating them as well as all of the other wonderful delicious creatures out there.

Very true.
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Are we even presented with a choice in a post human society?
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member

Well, I can google it but I have heard it from friends who studied about it. Do you know links to studies which oppose this?

I have a magic stone in my back garden which keeps tigers away. Do you know links to studies which opposes this?
  • megan_h26
    tcatcarson wrote: »

Well, I can google it but I have heard it from friends who studied about it. Do you know links to studies which oppose this?

I have a magic stone in my back garden which keeps tigers away. Do you know links to studies which opposes this?

lol Did you look at the links I posted?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    1109389358_593bbc4253_b.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    Om-nom-nom.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Not a vegetable. Fail.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Not a vegetable. Fail.

Because he respects their rights!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    fNCV7c4.jpg

Look at these heartless killers, laughing hysterically at their crimes and eating their victims.

With a nice Chianti...