Game of Thrones

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    edited May 2016
    I didn't watch next week preview...anyone know if Jon Snow was in it? I'm thinking no...that they'll hold us in suspense for another week and show lots of Dany with the Dothraki

ETA: nevermind...just watched it on YouTube!! OMG!
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    EEEEEEEEEE so excited season 6 has started!!! I'm super stoked to see what this season has in store for Arya, she's been one of my favorites since season 1.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    I loved the books...... I love the show .... it just sucks because now the show is ahead of the books
    I didn't watch next week preview...anyone know if Jon Snow was in it? I'm thinking no...that they'll hold us in suspense for another week and show lots of Dany with the Dothraki

Yeah I know OMG!!!!!!
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Break_You wrote: »
    I say the Red Woman is John Snow's mother...

Or great great great great grandmother
    Did she try screw him? That'd be really creepy. But incest is a major thing in GOT soooooo that could be a theory. But gross *shudders*
  • liftinggoddess123
    liftinggoddess123 Posts: 469 Member
    I think gendry slept with the Melissandra not snow.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Comms0p wrote: »
    Only saw the premiere, was interesting! Can't wait to see what's next! I think they will weld the Red Woman's necklace into something more suitable for Jon to wear! :wink:

Oh, I was considered a geek for watching it! Ha Ha, far from it! Just enjoy a good story!

If that's the case I will geek out with you..

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    I loved the books...... I love the show .... it just sucks because now the show is ahead of the books

Yeah I know OMG!!!!!!

@lesleyloo7879 I'm on my 3rd re-read of the books! Yeah - I'm that much of a geek :smiley:
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    @AskTracyAnnK28 nothing wrong with that !!! But there are sooo many ways to die in the 7 Kingdoms

• Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    edited May 2016
    Tsartele wrote: »
    Comms0p wrote: »
    Only saw the premiere, was interesting! Can't wait to see what's next! I think they will weld the Red Woman's necklace into something more suitable for Jon to wear! :wink:

Oh, I was considered a geek for watching it! Ha Ha, far from it! Just enjoy a good story!

If that's the case I will geek out with you..

Lol I'm sure you can!
  • Comms0p
    Finally Finally watched the 2ND show - really enjoying so far!
    Wish the book was out though. . . Suspenseful! Ughhh!!! >: O
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I think Jon Snow is the son of Ned's sister and Rhaegar Targaryen...

Was not thrilled with tonight's episode... Boring, GoT. Boooooooooooring. So sick of Ramsay Bolton. Gee... Joffrey's dead, so now we have this nut holding various Starks captive. Also, apparently one's hair loses body (and length) when one comes back from the dead. Jon is so different! Sad for GoT. Hope it gets better. High Sparrow got boring about 17 episodes ago. Powerless Lannisters are BORING. Good god. Even Walder Frey and Little Finger would add spice to this tasteless porridge. Bran? BLAND! No fiber. Blech.

I'm just venting. I love this show... I really don't want it to start sucking.
  • Comms0p
    It's a little slow on this 3rd show. But still looking forward to what happens next!
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member

Was not thrilled with tonight's episode... Boring, GoT. Boooooooooooring. So sick of Ramsay Bolton. Gee... Joffrey's dead, so now we have this nut holding various Starks captive. Also, apparently one's hair loses body (and length) when one comes back from the dead. Jon is so different! Sad for GoT. Hope it gets better. High Sparrow got boring about 17 episodes ago. Powerless Lannisters are BORING. Good god. Even Walder Frey and Little Finger would add spice to this tasteless porridge. Bran? BLAND! No fiber. Blech.

Didn't think it was boring, it can't be intense all the time. We have the truth about Lyanna happening-tense and Rickon has been captured. I agree about the High Sparrow though, his scene was boring. But only because I hate it when people go on and on about religion (I've watched a terrible film recently and they were too religious in it)
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    edited May 2016
    Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert

I really enjoyed episode 3. Things are heating up.. John's watch has ended.. Where will he go and what will he do now.. If Sansa continues to castle Black she will miss him again.. Maybe they will reunite. My predictions are that they will and john will raise an army, maybe with wildlings, and take back Winterfell and kill Ramsey. Aria has graduated her trial to become nothing.. so now what lays in store for her ?? I can't wait for Danaryes to start regulating again. I predict that in EO4 or EO5 her dragons will return to her and incinerate all of the Dothraki . I believe that she has a few more injustices to suffer before that can happen though so we might have to wait till EO5 to get justice.
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member

That's a theory that's been around and one that I believe is true.
  • beagletracks

Didn't think it was boring, it can't be intense all the time. We have the truth about Lyanna happening-tense and Rickon has been captured. I agree about the High Sparrow though, his scene was boring. But only because I hate it when people go on and on about religion (I've watched a terrible film recently and they were too religious in it)

I agree - and I've never felt this way about episodes in the past that others have complained are "boring." I'm not a fan of combat scenes. It just feels as though something's missing, and it's not just "action" (which is not really my thing anyway), but tension, chemistry among characters, and the elicitation of sympathy for characters. It feels like certain shortcuts are being taken that typically are not; we're jumping from scene to scene so we can follow what happens next without deep engagement in the psychology of what's happening to the characters -- it's presented as more of a sideshow than an experience in which viewers are immersed.

I have NEVER been "bored" with this show. It's not about action; it's about storytelling. Just my feeling. I have loved this show, and I'm sorry to see that it seems to changing its approach in a way that makes it less interesting to me.
  • HoolaHoopsMcGee
    HoolaHoopsMcGee Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited May 2016
    I didn't think the scene with High Sparrow and the little king was boring at all. They all can't be action scenes. The old man was carefully molding the young, upset king to bend more towards his own beliefs and will, while establishing himself as confidante/advisor, and that is a very subtly powerful thing.
  • blairrob12
    blairrob12 Posts: 215 Member
    Wait till Jon beats Ramsey to death. This season is going to blow up soon.

That I'm looking forward to!
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Pope Francis is the high sparrow. He is the head off him .
  • beagletracks
    Wait till Jon beats Ramsey to death. This season is going to blow up soon.

Yes, definitely looking forward to this, and to seeing more of Sansa and Brienne. Also excited about the prospect of possibly seeing the Hound again and to following Arya on new adventures. Ever hopeful the writers will work the magic they have in the past in the coming episodes.

p.s. One of my beagles is named Tyrion (my profile pic), and another is named Arya.

dta5v6n5fpx8.jpg