21 day fix

nursiichic
nursiichic Posts: 14 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone ever tried it any helpful tips?

Replies

• versusveritas
    versusveritas Posts: 20 Member
    The exercises are fine but the containers are a worthless gimmick. Just weigh all your food, log it, and eat at a deficit.
  • nursiichic
    nursiichic Posts: 14 Member
    I thought it would help tighten up on my portion control. Thanks.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    I agree. The containers are crap. You can follow the calorie count they give you but other than that...stick with the workouts and eat less.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    I'll echo these statements. I did 21 Day Fix when I first started losing weight. I downloaded the workouts online, but looked up the measurements of the containers. I used the container servings but also my food scale to see how much I was really taking in. Had I followed the guide, especially since I didn't try to pack or mush food into the containers, I would have been taking in around 1000 calories per day which is laughably low. So I aimed for my MFP goal, did the workouts, and lost weight.

After two rounds, the workouts were no longer a challenge so I moved onto 21 Day Fix Extreme for two rounds and then I moved onto more challenging workouts. For a beginner or someone just trying to develop a habit of exercising, the workouts may be helpful because there is a nice variety. You have less of a chance of growing bored when you're doing cardio, resistance, yoga, and pilates all in one week. However, you could achieve that same effect by looking up different workouts on YouTube or Fitness Blender and building your own weekly routine.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    It's not unsafe or crazy, actually it's one of the diets I would have recommend if places like MFP didn't exist - but 21 day fix doesn't do anything special either. It has/is a meal plan and can help you with portion control, but you can also decide yourself what to eat and use a food scale for portion control, which is more flexible, cheaper and accurate, plus, you'll learn how to feed yourself and fit food into you life, instead of trying to fit your life into some containers (however colorful).

Some people like the exercise regimen. Whatever you do, don't buy the Shakeology, and if you decide you want to follow the eating plan, you can google the meal plans and container sizes and buy similar for a dollar.

You have found MFP. It can help you lose weight by keeping track of calories. What were you really looking for?
  • karim7coleman
    karim7coleman Posts: 3 Member
    Why do you guys not reccomend Shakeology? I drink it and have seen awesome results :)

I'm on day 8 of 21 day fix so far it's not too bad. She does a lot of lounge exercises which is fine but I have a sensitive knee and lounge exercises can irritate it. But so far I've already seen definition and feel great!

Who did it exactly how its planned? (Using containers, working out every day) and how much did you lose?
  • purple44444
    purple44444 Posts: 48 Member
    I have used 21 day fix and like it. I lose weight if I stick to it. The shakeology isn't necessary maybe but it does help me get to my protein amount. For me it was almost too much food. The only challenge for me was getting all the fruits and veggies.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Why do you guys not reccomend Shakeology? I drink it and have seen awesome results :)

Shakeology isn't bad in and of itself but it is a very low quality product that comes with way to high a price tag. It has little protein and what it does have is a low quality source, all the vitamins you can get from a regular multivitamin and super foods are 100% complete bullsh!t.

OP if you like the idea of better portion control how about just buy some Tupperware from a store and use that. It'll probably be a lot cheaper and then you'd have your portion control.

• Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    come join our group here if you have not already https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113951-21-day-fix-new-group
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Buy a food scale instead of some expensive tupperware. You'll get much more accurate information on how much you're really eating. I assure you I can shove a whole lot of food in a tupperware container - but with a scale there's no getting around how much I'm really eating - its right there in the numbers.

THIS!
  • ehrenlynae7
    ehrenlynae7 Posts: 63 Member
    Like most - I like the workouts. I like all Beachbody workouts. I stick to counting calories - not containers as far as nutrition. Did drink Shakeology for a couple of months but it's pricey so once my current supply runs out I'll search for a comparable but cheaper meal replacement shake.

I like a shake for a meal on busy days because otherwise I'd be going through a McDonalds drive through. It's not a daily thing though.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Buy a food scale instead of some expensive tupperware. You'll get much more accurate information on how much you're really eating. I assure you I can shove a whole lot of food in a tupperware container - but with a scale there's no getting around how much I'm really eating - its right there in the numbers.

THIS!

^^