Stevia drops vs stevia in the raw

nallie562
nallie562 Posts: 32 Member
Is one better than the other? I use it daily, in my one cup of coffee in the morning only.

Replies

• cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    I believe that stevia in the raw might have maltodextrin in it, which is fine if you can tolerate corn. I use the drops
  • nallie562
    I have no issues with corn. It's my understanding that maltodextrim ought to be avoided? I have no health issues or weight issues so not sure if it's a valid concern
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    I have used only Sweetleaf Stevia with inulin for maybe 15 years. Minimum processing and only fiber added.
  • nallie562
    Sweet leaf drops?
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Maltodextrin is a sweetener derived from corn.

Nothing wrong with it but if I'm buying stevia (which is a fine sweetener in itself) then that's what I want. Maltodextrin screams cost-cutting cheapskate.

You'll just have to see which tastes best to you. Sweetleaf is a good brand.

I use NuNaturals liquid stevia in vanilla flavor. I think it's money.

• holly12141962
    holly12141962 Posts: 3 Member
    nallie562 wrote: »
    Is one better than the other? I use it daily, in my one cup of coffee in the morning only.

• holly12141962
    holly12141962 Posts: 3 Member
    I use 3 packets of Stevia in the Raw in my morning coffee. I've had no issues or "side-effects" from it.. I really like it's taste. I also use 1 tablespoon of 1/2 and 1/2. It has less sugar, carbs and calories than creamer.