Which Day Of The Week

2»

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Tuesday is by far the best day but time is also important. If you are normally up and around during the day, you must weigh at exactly 3:09 a.m.

Seriously, it doesn't matter one bit. Most weigh first thing in the morning after fasting all night for the most consistency.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Tuesday is by far the best day but time is also important. If you are normally up and around during the day, you must weigh at exactly 3:09 a.m.

Seriously, it doesn't matter one bit. Most weigh first thing in the morning after fasting all night for the most consistency.

I find 4:21am Eastern to be superior to 3:09
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Fun thread.

If I wake up and think "hmm, I feel a bit slimmer today" then I hop on the scales and see if I'm right. :D

Still the same? Oh well, won't record today. ;)

I don't stick to a real weighing schedule and don't log 10ths of a pound...just round up or down to the nearest whole number.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I have trouble sleeping because of taking medication(Lovan) & worried also that not getting enough sleep can cause weight gain!!! :(
    Don't worry; lack of sleep doesn't cause weight gain, eating too many calories does.....

Do you take the lovan right after you wake up?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I have trouble sleeping because of taking medication(Lovan) & worried also that not getting enough sleep can cause weight gain!!! :(
    Don't worry; lack of sleep doesn't cause weight gain, eating too many calories does.....

Do you take the lovan right after you wake up?

Same time,ever day at 7:00am so I need to find a time before I take my medication

If it is affecting your sleep, take it as soon as you wake up if possible.
    Pick one day of the week to weigh and weigh yourself after you've been to the bathroom and before you eat/drink, Or weigh yourself everyday and use an app like trendweight or libra to record your daily weight to see the downward weightloss trend.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    I weigh every day. I'm heaviest Wednesdays and Fridays. I assume it's because I lift weights on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The other days all of my running and/or lifting is in the mornings.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    I weigh daily, in my birthday suit, in the morning after I evacuate my bladder and bowels. Then I track it on Libra, an app on my phone. I should go back and see if there is any specific day that I am generally lighter, than the others.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Every day.

Get an app like trendweight or happy scale.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I weigh every day but I record my heaviest weight fluctuations on Saturdays and Mondays because Sunday and Friday are my most calorific least active days.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,964 Member
    There is no best day, it is just personal preference. I weigh every day. I prefer daily weighing and tracking my weight on a trend app over weekly weighing. I only log my weight in mfp when it is down. That way I don't stress out about it. Some people don't like to see the daily fluctuations, but I prefer it. A couple of weeks ago it looked like I wasn't really losing any more and then this past week I lost over 2 pounds. Since I weigh daily I know that a couple of weeks ago I was retaining water and it was just masking my loss but if I didn't weigh daily I would have been really upset to think I hadn't lost or had even gained some.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    I try to weigh myself periodically through the week. I don't always record it, but I find it helpful to be reminded that my weight will fluctuate by a few pounds day to day and to not put too much stock into it. The overall trendline is down, which is ultimately what I care about.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    February 31st. Definitely the best day to weigh.

Seriously. It does not really matter. Weight fluctuates unpredictably. If you chose one day of the week that day might show you up or down or static. The day before or the day after you might get a totally different number.

It is a good idea to be consistent about what time of day you weigh.