Daily Check In Thread

Replies

• ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    edited May 2016
    Did week 6 day 1 this morning. Ran the furthest I have so far.
    Edited: sorry for the double post was trying to attach a photo but must have posted twice instead. Sorry
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Did w2d3 today. There was a bloke walking the same direction as me on the other side of the road. I could see from the corner of my eye that there was no way I was going to overtake him even though I was jogging :D no danger of my going too fast at the moment!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    W6d1 complete. It was actually harder than I thought it'd be. That 8-minute interval seemed to drag on forever...
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Finished W4D1 yesterday, it was tough- but I did it! Now to mentally prepare myself for week 5!
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Hey guys, I'm back after taking a year and a half off to have a baby. Started again today from scratch with W1D1. It was a lot harder than I expected! I was able to get through it with a bit of discomfort, but it's just such a blow to the ego because I had worked myself all the way up to 15k before getting pregnant :(
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    angie55575 wrote: »
    Finished W4D1 yesterday, it was tough- but I did it! Now to mentally prepare myself for week 5!

I finished W3D3 yesterday, so I'm gearing up for W4D1 tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it, but the fact that W5D3 is next weekend is really freaking me out!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    smiles4jo wrote: »

I finished W3D3 yesterday, so I'm gearing up for W4D1 tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it, but the fact that W5D3 is next weekend is really freaking me out!

You can do it!!!
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    W5D2 done. It's raining over here so I had to run on the treadmill :neutral:
    Thursday is the big day - 20 min run. Hopefully I will be able to do it outdoor :smile:
  • shepdog1981
    shepdog1981 Posts: 1 Member
    Just discovered my commitment to this program as I completed W5D1 with it raining, blowing and about 45 degrees out. Maybe it wasn't as much commitment as my utter disdain for running on a treadmill. Must love springtime in Wisconsin!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    W7D1 done. I can now say I can run 2.5 miles without stopping or walking. The first (uphill) half was pretty tough but I talked myself into sticking with it. I did turn around as soon as MapMyWalk said I was 3 miles from home, even though I hadn't gotten the "You are halfway" announcement, but that came right after I turned around, as I knew it would. I also had to use a bit of willpower to finish the last few yards, but I knew I was almost done, of course, and I wasn't feeling that bad - I was just ready to be done.

@smiles4jo : Don't let it freak you out. You can do it. I never thought I'd be able to, either.

@shepdog1981 : I have to agree about the treadmill, although 45 degrees with rain and wind would probably keep me inside! I did run outside on Saturday, though, and it was windy, trying to rain and just barely over 50. Those few degrees make a big difference.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Week 7 Day 1 done too! :) Cold and rainy, so went to gym and a pretty slow run on a treadmill...
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I also had to use a bit of willpower to finish the last few yards, but I knew I was almost done, of course, and I wasn't feeling that bad - I was just ready to be done.

No kidding! That has been a big surprise to me - my cardio has improved to where i can run. My legs and feet are up to the task. Now it's my mind that i'm fighting against the most!

Yesterday i did W8D1, 28 minutes of sustained running. I'm sure that is the longest sustained run i've ever done in my life, and i felt great for most of it. But at a few points, i found my attitude waning a bit, and had to catch myself before i talked me into quitting.

I've read on forums that running is largely mental, and i wondered what is mental about wheezing, gasping for air, and legs on fire. Now that i'm no longer gasping or hurting, i've hit that mental wall.

A new challenge! I shall climb it, and run into the far distance...!
  • jmfloyd2014
    jmfloyd2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Completed Wk4Day1 yesterday. I was worried about the 5 min segments but it ended up being okay :)
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    So upset. I did W3D2 on Saturday afterwards right below my knees became so painful. I had noticed a "different" feeling to my left one on Thursday. Well, they are NO better! I attempted to run last night and made it thru the first run interval and could barely walk back to my house once it went to walking. Ibuprofen seems to help along with ice. I had to call and make a dr appt to get the right diagnosis. I am thinking patellar tendonitits???? Soooo I am on the beer of tears bc all I want to do is progress. This is such a set back! Once I get the right diagnosis I can work on exercises to help with the issue, hopefully. I am so ready to get back at it! So I haven't truly ran since Saturday. Bummed.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    @rnurse82 : I hope you get it resolved quickly. I know that I really hate it when I can't keep my planned workout schedule because I always feel like I've lost ground by the time I can resume.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    I'm going to call this one my Superman workout run... not because I felt like Superman, but because apparently MapMyFitness thinks I can leap tall buildings in a single bound! Along with the C25K app, I use MMF so I can measure my distance and pace and during the week I run downtown since it is close to my gym and work. I ran under a covered walkway and it must have lost the GPS signal and not picked it back up on the other side until I opened the app. Anyway, W2D3 is complete... I know I have a long way to go, but I am feeling good physically and mentally about this challenge.

xqx28zyn5nj5.png

• famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Did w2d3 today. There was a bloke walking the same direction as me on the other side of the road. I could see from the corner of my eye that there was no way I was going to overtake him even though I was jogging :D no danger of my going too fast at the moment!

I've had this happen too!! I've even changed routes because of it, but I'm learning not to care. I am soooo much stronger than I was 3 months ago and that's what matters! I'm 'graduating' this week, but still running a 14:30 mile, so won't be at a 5K until next month:) Keep on keepin' on!
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    rnurse82 wrote: »
    So upset. I did W3D2 on Saturday afterwards right below my knees became so painful. I had noticed a "different" feeling to my left one on Thursday. Well, they are NO better! I attempted to run last night and made it thru the first run interval and could barely walk back to my house once it went to walking. Ibuprofen seems to help along with ice. I had to call and make a dr appt to get the right diagnosis. I am thinking patellar tendonitits???? Soooo I am on the beer of tears bc all I want to do is progress. This is such a set back! Once I get the right diagnosis I can work on exercises to help with the issue, hopefully. I am so ready to get back at it! So I haven't truly ran since Saturday. Bummed.

I understand your pain-both physical and emotional!! But know you've got the perfect attitude, identify the problem, try to fix it, and get on with it. My first 6 weeks were 2 days on the eliptical and 1 outside b/c my knees weren't ready to 'hit the pavement'. Most days I'm good now, but I do RICE if I notice any pain (Rest, ibuprofen, Cold compress, Elevation). If you have access to an eliptical, they are so easy on the body, but get your heart rate up.
    Hope you get good news! Also, every pound weight you lose is TEN pounds less pressure on your knees when you run, so 5 lbs lost equals 50 lbs less stress!!! That sounds much more impressive than 5 lbs:)