Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Vitamin tracker?

LilBruceMooreLilBruceMoore Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
Please add more supplements. Vitamins and minerals other than Vitamin A, C and Calcium. Many people that are healthy conscious would love to track more supplements. That would make this app even better than it is now. I love this app, just love to see this updated.

Replies

• malibu927malibu927 Member Posts: 17,648 Member Member Posts: 17,648 Member
    The vitamins and minerals MFP currently tracks are the ones the USDA requires on nutritional labels. It would be difficult to implement more, as not all food manufacturers will give amounts of the others.
  • LilBruceMooreLilBruceMoore Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    I understand, but if a particular food does not list ,let's say vitaminB6 then an option to manually ad the correct amount could be implemented.
  • marm1962marm1962 Member Posts: 950 Member Member Posts: 950 Member
    Correct, especially if you are eating a lot of fresh foods vs prepacked
  • socajamsocajam Member, Premium Posts: 3,031 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,031 Member
    I understand, but if a particular food does not list ,let's say vitaminB6 then an option to manually ad the correct amount could be implemented.

How so, if the vitamins and minerals are not listed by the FDA.
  • LilBruceMooreLilBruceMoore Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Ok. I am only saying that it would be nice to have nutrition facts added. Either manually or listed other than the few added already. If you look on most cereal boxes they include several other vitamins and minerals. If a particular food does not have it listed most can be looked up. FDA or not it would be great to be able to track other than is listed. Even if you do not have all vitamins on the nutrition label at least you would have more information than you had before. Some is better than none. For example. If I had too much of something from what I did gather up, than I know that I need to stop taking in that vitamin or mineral.
  • socajamsocajam Member, Premium Posts: 3,031 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,031 Member
    Ok. I am only saying that it would be nice to have nutrition facts added. Either manually or listed other than the few added already. If you look on most cereal boxes they include several other vitamins and minerals. If a particular food does not have it listed most can be looked up. FDA or not it would be great to be able to track other than is listed. Even if you do not have all vitamins on the nutrition label at least you would have more information than you had before. Some is better than none. For example. If I had too much of something from what I did gather up, than I know that I need to stop taking in that vitamin or mineral.

Personal responsibility rest with you, its about time we start doing so. Instead of being hand fed for everything.
This discussion has been closed.