So happy @ me!

Well where do I start? What a very wonderful day I have had...first of all I will give a little run down of my last week. Like most here I am sure when you first started, like me you were SO pumped and excited to get going and once you started and lost a few pounds it was even better! Well I have a very obsessive personality, meaning when I started working out and eating right it became a HUGE deal, if I misses a workout of ate even a cookie I would beat myself up for days! Well I AM working on it and it is a slow process BUT I I am getting there. So we were out of the state staying with friends last weekend and there was lots of eating out and NO internet for MFP ( and just so you know it is really hard to work it all out on your phone internet LOL) so for 3 days I had no idea if I was over or under on my cals and got NO work out....I was going crazy and just knew I would gain all 20 pounds back LOL and my sweet husband tried and tried to find me a YMCA in Souix Falls SD...we are from a tiny town, in fact we have one stop light in our COUNTY! So I worked out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then Friday...and yesterday I have a less than normal workout and just couldn't seem to push myself hard enough...and of course I REALLY beat myself up :cry: BUT...there is a BUT!! Today I was at Walmart and ran into my mother in law, who is wonderful, but doesn't ever really comment on things ( I colored my hair once and it went from blonde to dark and she never said a word LOL) so I said hi and we chated of a second and then I walked away and she came up and stopped me and said :"your jeans look really baggy you need my to take them in a bit?" THESE JEANS ARE 3 WEEKS OLD!! and they ARE baggy! So then it was time for weigh in and I normally would weigh in the morning naked, out of the shower, but today I didn't get to till the evening I also was DREADING this moment cause I just knew after that weekend I was toast....DOWN 4 MORE POUNDS!!! I am so happy!! SO even though is was tough I made it through a weekend away from home and made healthy choices anyway!! Oh and my workout today ROCKED! 1 hour 3.5 miles...841 calories gone..buh bye! THANK YOU MFP and everyone who has read this dreadfully long post!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• Well where do I start? What a very wonderful day I have had...first of all I will give a little run down of my last week. Like most here I am sure when you first started, like me you were SO pumped and excited to get going and once you started and lost a few pounds it was even better! Well I have a very obsessive personality, meaning when I started working out and eating right it became a HUGE deal, if I misses a workout of ate even a cookie I would beat myself up for days! Well I AM working on it and it is a slow process BUT I I am getting there. So we were out of the state staying with friends last weekend and there was lots of eating out and NO internet for MFP ( and just so you know it is really hard to work it all out on your phone internet LOL) so for 3 days I had no idea if I was over or under on my cals and got NO work out....I was going crazy and just knew I would gain all 20 pounds back LOL and my sweet husband tried and tried to find me a YMCA in Souix Falls SD...we are from a tiny town, in fact we have one stop light in our COUNTY! So I worked out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then Friday...and yesterday I have a less than normal workout and just couldn't seem to push myself hard enough...and of course I REALLY beat myself up :cry: BUT...there is a BUT!! Today I was at Walmart and ran into my mother in law, who is wonderful, but doesn't ever really comment on things ( I colored my hair once and it went from blonde to dark and she never said a word LOL) so I said hi and we chated of a second and then I walked away and she came up and stopped me and said :"your jeans look really baggy you need my to take them in a bit?" THESE JEANS ARE 3 WEEKS OLD!! and they ARE baggy! So then it was time for weigh in and I normally would weigh in the morning naked, out of the shower, but today I didn't get to till the evening I also was DREADING this moment cause I just knew after that weekend I was toast....DOWN 4 MORE POUNDS!!! I am so happy!! SO even though is was tough I made it through a weekend away from home and made healthy choices anyway!! Oh and my workout today ROCKED! 1 hour 3.5 miles...841 calories gone..buh bye! THANK YOU MFP and everyone who has read this dreadfully long post!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Wow you are my hero:bigsmile: - out of town and still stuck to everything. :happy:
    You go girl!!!!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • oh gosh...thank you:blushing: it was hard at times...we went to Chillis and i wanted one of everything LOL and endless Pepsi...and they had this cookie thing that had white chocolate coming from the top...*sigh* I was ready to trade my husband in for cookie volcanoes HA
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    LOL Girl, you have 4 kids under 5 (I have 3 - 3, 2, 9 months)...you HAVE to have long posts for your sanity sometimes! I know! That was a wonderful story! My MIL is the same way. Instead of telling me that I look good now that I've lost weight (or something similar) she told me, "people just better like ME for ME!." :huh: Alright then. WOO HOO for baggy jeans!

Good for you! You are doing great! And what supportive hubby to drive around looking for a Y. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    that is so great, I am so proud of you, I just hope that if I were ever in this situation that I would do as well as you did. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • I am just surprised I got that much done..hmmm how many calories for typing for dummies? LOL I am so slow at this sometimes :noway:
  • You would
    :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    ah, the "back-handed-compliment"... Ya know, the, "Gee, your hair looks nice today. What did you do different?"

I love your story, and it is a great reminder to us that all is not black and white and there is hope for my OCD! :laugh:
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Great Job!!

I love this site and I love the people and support you get here. I've said this before and I'll say it again - I've never seen a site like this that you didn't have to PAY for!!!

I'm kinda like you - once I decided to lose weight, I kinda got obssessed with it. But, in a tiny weird kinda way, I think that is good. (for me anyway) I have stuck to it and do get kinda upset when I eat something I shouldn't or if I don't work out very hard. (you gotta always push yourself right??)

But, good for you. I love the baggy jeans! I have to wear long johns under my jeans because I work in a cold environment, and now my regular (used to be tight) jeans are baggy WITH the long johns underneath them!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    WTG...that is 100% awesome!!!! You rock:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    ( and just so you know it is really hard to work it all out on your phone internet LOL

Totally agree! I just got my Blackberry and was SUPER pumped so that when I am out of town I can still log everything. But I can't log anything from my phone. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the site just isn't "phone" friendly. :ohwell:

Great job though. You have plenty of reasons to be proud!!

ps - loved the comment about trading your hubby in for cookie volcanoes. I know the feeling! :laugh:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    beautifuldisaster- Thanks so much for sharing that story. You are awesome! We all need to hear good, motivational stories so keep 'em coming. You have done well. Tell DH, we are proud that he supports all your efforts.

kolbip- WTG! I too live in a frigid climate and have wear the long johns quite often and I get scared in the mornings worrying that I can't wear both. But to have loose jeans even with those on, WELL DONE!

I am so very proud of BOTH of you! Keep running toward that goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!