Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• blazinskillz
    blazinskillz Posts: 8 Member
    @ngolden3320 thanks!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @CariTJR Going back to your old routine will definitely help. I hope you enjoy your birthday to the fullest. A few days of celebration are only going to mildly delay your goals. The important part is that you're thinking of small sustainable steps to get back on track

@ShyCush6 I definitely recommend morning walks, I always feel so much better when I start the day outdoors!

@janetay01 I'm pickier on food when I eat out too, there's always the thought in the back of my head that I can make it better and healthier and if I'm going to indulge it had better be good!

@GillianSmith2 I'm in the same boat. I know at this point it's vanity pounds for me, but I'm vain enough to want them gone ;) Slowly but surely!

@ngolden3320 Yikes, a midnight phone call to chat is rough! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's possible stroke. Hopefully he's able to recover some of his short term memory

I got woken up at 5am by a quivering puddle of a pit bull snuggling into me because he was scared of the big bad smoke alarm beep. My SO used the last 9 volt and didn't replace it (GRRR!) so I had to run to the store at 6am with the dog who was too scared to stay home to get replacements. Talk about starting my Friday the 13th on the wrong foot!
  • Rachel0778
    edited May 2016
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 367 Member
    Guess it's a good thing I have a "Creepy Movie" night planned with my Cousin! Happy Friday the 13 to all of you!2pekyhf015nq.jpg
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    bx2ng08zaxrp.jpeg
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    9nx42nstzh8c.jpeg
  • m_o_
    m_o_ Posts: 40 Member
    I recently looked at my weight tracker since I joined mfp. I wish I hadn't. The last time I was close to breaking under 200 was several years ago. It was both saddening and humbling to realize that I am almost to the heaviest I have ever been.

I am hoping that I will get back to becoming healthier for myself. I am attempting to log my food consistently again, but I left my calories and macros high for this week and maybe next.

My plan is to add exercise and keep the 1600 calories range for an additional three weeks after that then begin to manipulate my calories back down to somewhere in the 1400-1500s. When I was last tested for my basal rate, they stated it was 1442.

Just feeling lost yet hopeful that I will find a master plan.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    m_o_ wrote: »
    I recently looked at my weight tracker since I joined mfp. I wish I hadn't. The last time I was close to breaking under 200 was several years ago. It was both saddening and humbling to realize that I am almost to the heaviest I have ever been.

I am hoping that I will get back to becoming healthier for myself. I am attempting to log my food consistently again, but I left my calories and macros high for this week and maybe next.

My plan is to add exercise and keep the 1600 calories range for an additional three weeks after that then begin to manipulate my calories back down to somewhere in the 1400-1500s. When I was last tested for my basal rate, they stated it was 1442.

Just feeling lost yet hopeful that I will find a master plan.

Your not lost. Just keep showing up up daily, take one step at a time, and you will keep moving in the right direction. It's the little things done daily that lead to greatness. Just keep that momentum going. Good luck!
  • tarynbearyn
    tarynbearyn Posts: 25 Member
    Feeling a bit frustrated today, weighed myself today and was back up a pound.
    I feel like I have been pretty good, and only had one bad night out at a baseball game. But I have to be able to have some nights out right? :/ back at it today...
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    @tarynbryan keep at it I ha be been at it 3 months and the scale refuses to move however I took a pic of myself 2 moths ago and then last week and u could defiantly see a difference everyone here said measurement and pics and how cloths feel that is what I am going by. If I just went by scale I would have given up months ago
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    As some of you know i have been playing with my macros etc for the last few weeks and it seems i have found my maintenance range, i am really happy with the amount that i can eat to stay a healthy weight, BUT i also REALLY REALLY want these last few pounds gone, I totally agree @Rachel0778 mine are vanity pounds too :wink: so i have decided to go back to 1200 calories for a couple of weeks to see if i can shift these last 5 pounds. Today i have had a bit of a splurge and enjoyed Sunday lunch and a bottle of wine with my mum and that will hopefully help kickstart a new weight shift :smiley:

I hope you have all had a great weekend :smiley:
  • nicolejyoung71ny
    nicolejyoung71ny Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Nicole I'm in my first week here.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    welcome Nicole
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Welcome Nicole. I'm Nichole also.

Saturday was Jenna's prom. She looked so beautiful. I can't believe my baby is graduating in a couple of weeks. Didn't log yesterday but I know I was under my calories as I didn't really eat to much.

After prom I went to work after prom at the university rec center. it was from 11-3am. What was I thinking? The kids had a great time. Once I got home and fell asleep my phone rings @ 4:30 am and it is my dad. He proceeded to call back at 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 10:30. he wants the keys to his house, he is going home. Hes not, he will be going to a rehab place. Then I had my nieces baby shower. I am so freaking tired. Maybe I can sleep through Monday at work and they wont notice. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and this week is everyone kicks butt.
  • Rachel0778
    @m_o_ sounds like you have a good sustainable plan in place. Don't worry to much about the past or the numbers, just focus on the new healthy changes you are making!

@tarynbearyn Weight fluctuates so much I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep sticking with your good habits and you'll see changes over time

@ngolden3320 Sounds like you had quite the weekend! I'm glad prom went well and that they had a lot of fun. I wish you the best on staying awake today. Monday's are hard enough as it is!

@health_guard Glad you were able to rest up, I'm jealous of your relaxing weekend!

@jkhoffe How was the 3 day weekend? And you're going to look fantastic and have a great time in Vegas!
  • Rachel0778
    I participated in the Run and Ride 10K at the local amusement park yesterday. The race fee covered both the race and the fair ticket afterwards so we had a blast! Amusement parks are a lot harder when you're older, my equilibrium still isn't right after all of those rides and after 25K steps, I am SORE! I'm powering through work today but I'm really looking forward to going home.
  • chasidee90
    chasidee90 Posts: 25 Member
    Happy Monday to all! So on Saturday it was our cheat day so Hubby took me to Famous Daves... Let me just say it was amazing! However.. I was sooo miserable afterwards that it was not worth it! Plus I gained 2lbs... So cheat days may be removed from my calendar in the future...
  • tarynbearyn
    tarynbearyn Posts: 25 Member
    @Rachel0778 that race sounds awesome!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Well it sounds like everyone had a great weekend. Fitbit replaced my Aria scale last week and I finally got it set up. I gain an extra pound lost and will happily take it :p. I have already had my trainer and hit the elliptical for 30 minutes then headed to the dollar store for graduation party decorations and the grocery store so I am feeling good. Have to do my weekly ironing and then off to yoga and then pickle ball. By tonight I will hit the bed exhausted.

Hope everyone has a great day.

@ngolden3320 - I am sorry about the frustrations with your dad. At least with my father in law there where 6 siblings taking the heat.