Greek yogurt

JaydedMiss
JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
I got some to make PB banana muffins with (were awesome!)
But now I have a huge tub left and it seems wasteful, No idea what to make with it, And its plain and kind of gross on its own, I don't really like yogurt in general sadly, I like to chew my food.

Any ideas on ways to use it up?

Replies

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    First thing that came to mind is tandoori chicken.

A google search found this http://greatist.com/health/greek-yogurt-recipes-healthy-delicious
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Use it as you would use sour cream.
  • JaydedMiss
    Mmmm that link gave me the idea to use greek yogurt to make deviled eggs, I eat alot of boiled eggs im going to have to try that!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    The "Hello Healthy" messages on your home page last week had a recipe for Strawberry Banana Bread. The liquid ingredient was plain Greek yogurt. The only size available was a the huge tub. We use bananas, most weeks I make a banana bread. Wal-Mart rearranged their store and no longer places the Chiquita banana bread mix near the bananas so I used the "Hello Healthy" recipe today. Mrs. likes it very much. I haven't tasted the banana breads I've been making the past 4 months.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    You could always blend fruit into it.
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    It works as a substitute for mayo-
  • JaydedMiss
    The "Hello Healthy" messages on your home page last week had a recipe for Strawberry Banana Bread. The liquid ingredient was plain Greek yogurt. The only size available was a the huge tub. We use bananas, most weeks I make a banana bread. Wal-Mart rearranged their store and no longer places the Chiquita banana bread mix near the bananas so I used the "Hello Healthy" recipe today. Mrs. likes it very much. I haven't tasted the banana breads I've been making the past 4 months.

Bread of any sort is my weakness...I would devour it XD!
    You could always blend fruit into it.

My friends kid took my blender lid home with him and his mom threw it out ( not sure what either was thinking)
    For now im blenderless, Wont last long though never actually considered blending fruit right into it, Sounds pretty good
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I use it to make salad dressings. Mix some with a ranch packet and a bit of skim milk. Or a packet of Italian with some vinegar. Many combinations. I also use it in a really good tuna recipe for stuffed peppers.
  • anarchyfab
    anarchyfab Posts: 4 Member
    I have a thing with mushy foods as well... Although I do like just yogurt on occasion BUT....
    My favorite is to mix it in with eggs or eggwhites to help fluffen them up and add protein. But also my second fav is just mixing with cereal or granola in the morning instead of milk. When I do eat it as just yougurt I like to add about a tspn of honey per cup and mix it. Really good.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    I add some Strawberry jam and a bit of sweetener (I use stevia, you could use anything) and then to bulk it up I chop up some strawberries or crushed pineapple and add that. Stir it all up, enjoy. Very filling and tasty, also then has alot of chewing for ya haha. Worth trying to incorporate since it has so much protein
  • JaydedMiss
    yall are making me hungry :P!! cant wait to try some
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    add cucumber, garlic,olive oil,salt and a bit of vinegar and use it as a sauce.goes excellent with meat.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Add nuts/nut butter, and honey/maple syrup.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Really nice in mashed potatoe or kumera for extra tang. Make Lassi. Makes a nice desert topped with prunes (soaked in dome water for a few days in the fridge) and flaked armonds or crumbed walnuts.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    It works as a substitute for mayo-

This

Its really good too I made pasta salad for Easter and it turned out to be the best thing on the menu
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    My favorite recipe with plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt:

1tbsp (or to taste) PB powder
    1 tsp (or to taste) honey
    vanilla to taste
    1 tbsp mini chocolate chips

So amazingly good and a low cal, high protein dessert
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    add walnuts and honey...yum!!!
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Add a little honey to it.
    Or chop up an apple and mix the yogurt and apple together, it's my go to dessert!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Greek yogurt and a table spoon of real maple syrup.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    I like to chew my food, too. That's why I usually have my greek yogurt with berries, a splash of vanilla or almond extract and my sweetener of choice. If I'm eating this concoction for breakfast, I add 30 grams or so of oats or muesli. If I'm eating it as a dessert, I'll crush a shortbread cookie on top.