Millenials, Rise Up and Unite! (20s, early 30s, people who look at Buzzfeed too much)

mariv0
mariv0 Posts: 45 Member
Hello! Kind of searched through and found a few threads for folks in this age group which were either old or for women only. I thought I would make another which is more inclusive and more current.

Let's fill out a quick questionnaire to get to know one another!

College (alum/current student):
Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do?
Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc):
Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever:
Anything else pertinent:

I'll start.

Occupation: Registered Nurse (and going to law school in the Fall)
College (alum/current student): Alumna of the University of Texas (BS Nursing), University of Southern California Gould School of Law Class of 2019 (JD)
Fitness Goals: Lose weight (35lbs down in 5 weeks so far)
Exercising: Hiking, hiking, hiking. Almost every day
Consistency: I get on every day and have for about a month now. It's working, so I'll be sticking with it.
Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Movie: Clerks. Book: Harry Potter is my life.
Anything else pertinent: My exercise is logged on my fitbit, and it doesn't cross over. So if you have a fitbit, too, and want to look at my awesome maps, add me there, too! :D And also, I'm a lover of giant, fluffy dogs, video games, and roller coasters.

Replies

• jordanmeyer89
    jordanmeyer89 Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2016

College (alum/current student): university of Rhode Island

Fitness goals: look good, feel better, get muscles

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Brazilian jiu-jitsu

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): life

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Storm light Archives, Name of the Wind, Dresden Files. Fantasy book nerd

Anything else pertinent: moving to NJ soon don't know anybody or places so if anyone has tips let me know!

Also love vidya, Xbox gamer tag is forgothebubbles and I play dark souls a lot.

Snapchat Kaladinstorms
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Hey! This reminds me of those chain emails my friends and I would send when we were like 12...LOVE it. I haven't changed much haha:)

Occupation: Administrative Assistant at a children's psychiatric hospital
    College (alum/current student): Graduated with bachelor's last year
    Fitness Goals: Lose 3.5 lbs (lost 6), reevaluate and lose more or body re-comp, work up to half marathon again
    Exercising: Running and strength training, sometimes biking
    Consistency: On a five week streak at the moment.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: With you on HP:) Also, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Welcome! :)

Occupation: Admin/Tech Assistant in public records at the county sheriff's office

College (alum/current student): Current Biology student at St. Petersburg College

Fitness Goals: To get down to ~125 lbs (30 down, another 70 to go lol) and eventually run a half-marathon! Slowly but surely...

Exercising: Yes! I see a trainer at work MWF (ttly free!), and run Tues, Thurs, and Sat/Sun.

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I'm gonna be here long-term. This is my second go - 140-day streak!

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: RAVENCLAW AW YISSSSS. I have too many books and movies I love lmao.

Anything else pertinent: I'm an avid gamer and total anime/manga nerd.
  • kmansbart
    kmansbart Posts: 3 Member
    Hey! I was literally just looking for a group exactly like this and am so happy to find this!

College (alum/current student): going to Suffolk Community in the Fall for RN
    Fitness Goals: to lose almost 180 lbs.
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do?..... I started this today: http://skinnyms.com/30-day-get-in-shape-training-plan-for-beginners/
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I log on every day so long term!
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Too Many. I like almost everything.
    Anything else pertinent: Doctor just told me I'm borderline Diabetic and if I don't try cutting carbs and sugar majorly I will cross that border.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    College (alum/current student): Have a Bachelor's & toying with the idea of getting my master's
    Fitness Goals: Lose my post-gallbladder removal weight, build strength, build cardio endurance
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Right now, I do 2 days a week of Body Pump (just started a few weeks ago - I am in love!), 1 day of Body Combat (because my gym only offers it twice a week on back to back days :neutral:), 1 day of Barre, and 2-3 days of Barre stretching, walking, etc.
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I get on here a few days a week. I log in Garmin Connect and my workouts sync over here daily
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I love going to the movies, but I don't have a favorite. I love action, comedy, & superhero stuff. I'm also a huge reader. I love suspense/mysteries, chick lit, and anything WWII era-based (both fiction and non-fiction)
  • kmansbart
    kmansbart Posts: 3 Member
    Hey! I was literally just looking for a group exactly like this and am so happy to find this!

College (alum/current student): going to Suffolk Community in the Fall for RN
    Fitness Goals: to lose almost 180 lbs.
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do?..... I started this today: http://skinnyms.com/30-day-get-in-shape-training-plan-for-beginners/
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I log on every day so long term!
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Too Many. I like almost everything.
    Anything else pertinent: Doctor just told me I'm borderline Diabetic and if I don't try cutting carbs and sugar majorly I will cross that border.
  • hollytrolly91
    hollytrolly91 Posts: 50 Member
    Hi everyone! Please feel free to add me - happy to support everyone on this journey!

College (alum/current student): University of Cambridge (UK)
    Fitness Goals: Lose about 7-10 kg (15-20lb), complete some more triathlons

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yes! Started cycling to work every day (10 mile round trip), trying to fit in running and swimming when I can. Some core/arm workouts in the safety of my bedroom! And yoga/pilates at the gym. I'm on strava if anyone else is?

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): Been here since about 2013 i think - I'm a serial yo-yo'er and looking to break the habit. I log food each day

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Difficult! I'm not much of a reader but like to chill out with a film

Anything else pertinent: I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and BED/disordered eating for about a year. Have had therapy and trying a new course of anti-depressants. Also, my mum passed away suddenly last year, which was a huge shock. If anyone else is struggling with depression/eating disorders/grief, more than happy to be a listening ear during the tough times
  • ScienceLady
    ScienceLady Posts: 10 Member
    Just getting back on MFP, please add me! :smile:

College (alum/current student): Bachelor's in Biology and Masters of Arts in Teaching both from ISU

Fitness Goals: Lose 88 more pounds.

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yes, I try and exercise every night. This could be in the form of a walk with my kids or using my elliptical.

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I used MFP before I had my 2 kids and now that they are both outside babies, I am back. I log my food diary every day.

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I love books, video games, movies, tv shows, music.... I like it all!

Anything else pertinent: I love Harry Potter.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member

Occupation: Office Assistant at a fire/water damage restoration company.

Fitness Goals: get down to 140lb, run a half-marathon, become stronger overall

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I do some form of exercise every day. Running, walking and weight lifting primarily.

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I have logged every day for over a year.

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: book 1984, movies Jurassic Park, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill,

Anything else pertinent: My animals are my life, I like tattoos, the great outdoors, and music. I am not religious.
  • ChesterAddams
    ChesterAddams Posts: 62 Member
    I don't want to sound desperate here but PLEASE anyone be my friend I'm feeling lonely :S

Fitness Goals: lose another 10kg and be able to do sports without sounding like I'm about to die

Exercising: I'm trying to fit in at least 30 minutes of working out every day (mostly with YT videos) and I walk 8km to uni, also I've only just got new quad skates and I can't wait to finally be able to use them

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I've logged every day for almost 100 days now

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I love books (especially Harry Potter) and films with Benedict Cumberbatch

Anything else pertinent: I've finally come over depression so if anyone's having problems you can always talk to me
  • lassyn77
    lassyn77 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi everyone feel free to add me!

Occupation: stay at home mom and trying to start my own business.
    College: none
    Fitness goals: get down to 135lbs. Lost 18lbs so far another 35lbs to go.
    Exercise: Yes! I do Zumba at home 5x a week, walk a mile daily, and strength training 4x a week.
    Consistency: I try to logg in daily but do miss a day now and then.
    Favorites: Book: the giver. Movie: Step-brothers, other: I love photography!
    Anything else pertinent: I have two kids they are my life, love the outdoors, and cooking.
  • lassyn77
    lassyn77 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi everyone feel free to add me!

Occupation: stay at home mom and trying to start my own business.
    College: none
    Fitness goals: get down to 135lbs. Lost 18lbs so far another 35lbs to go.
    Exercise: Yes! I do Zumba at home 5x a week, walk a mile daily, and strength training 4x a week.
    Consistency: I try to logg in daily but do miss a day now and then.
    Favorites: Book: the giver. Movie: Step-brothers, other: I love photography!
    Anything else pertinent: I have two kids they are my life, love the outdoors, and cooking.
  • endlessenigma
    endlessenigma Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2016
    I like this! Here is a snapshot of me!

College (alum/current student): Graduated from the University of Houston

Location: Currently H-Town but I am always itching to go live somewhere random so it could change at any moment.

Fitness Goals: Be health and more active!

Exercising: I wish I could go hiking...closest place to go is Austin :neutral: . I was doing really well with Couch to 5K and then abruptly stopped. I want to go at it again.

Consistency: I was doing really good and then got a new phone and didn't get back on for ages until I finally put it on the new phone. I'm hoping to have t be a daily habit again.

Favourite Movie/Book: Movies: I heart Kevin Smith! I also really like just about anything but a memorable few are Fight Club and Waking Life.
    Book: I am an audiobook type of gal. There are very few physical books I have read but the ones that stick out are the Little Prince and HP of course :smile:

Anything else pertinent: Snapchat and Fitbit :smiley:
  • elyphant23
    elyphant23 Posts: 10 Member
    I love/hate Buzzfeed.

College (alum/current student): N/A
    Fitness Goals: More muscles, less fat.
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yes, at least 3 times a week. Mostly strength training, with some cardio for warmup, and at least 1 day dedicated to cardio.
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): Planning on the long term, try to log daily. Looking for a lifestyle change.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Harry Potter or Outlander series (books). Aristocats (movie)
    Anything else pertinent: I'm a part-time step mom, and a full time cat mom. I also really like tacos.
  • rmxc1024
    rmxc1024 Posts: 3 Member
    College: Washington University in St. Louis - B.A. 2014, Boston University - M.S. SLP 2017
    Fitness Goals: Lose weight.... Goal is 130, currently ~150. Want to have kids in the next 3-5 years, and would like to be as healthy as possible before then!
    Exercising: I really hate exercising, but I walk all over Boston and enjoy doing yoga.
    Consistency: Hoping to be every day, long term :)
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Also a Harry Potter junkie, love chick lit.

Anything else pertinent: I have the cutest cat in the world.

• Brandi87224
    Brandi87224 Posts: 15 Member
    College (alum/current student): Currently at Buffalo State, working on my Bachelors in Social Work
    Fitness Goals: Lose Weight, Build Muscle
    Exercising: Running, Rowing, Weightlifting
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I've been inconsistent, trying to be more consistent, follow a routine. I've been on everyday for the last two weeks.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: The Warriors
    Anything else pertinent: Nice to meet you all
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    College: bachelor's in Biology headed back for Physician assistant program
    Fitness goals: lose weight/gain muscle
    Consistency: every day!
  • 0aye
    0aye Posts: 53 Member
    Occupation: Medical student, used to work in research and hospice
    College (alum/current student): Duke alum
    Fitness Goals: Handstands and other inversions, yoga/meditation every day, always trying to squat and lift heavier! I'm aiming to lose about 15 pounds (hopefully of fat!)
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I've been doing yoga for a while, I used to lift and am getting back into it again. Right now I'm cutting so I'm exercising a little less but over the summer I'll start hitting the gym more!
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I'm on every day logging every meal! Plan is to cut for another 2-3 months and then maintain! I hope to stay mindful of what I'm eating and build these habits for a lifetime.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I am a giant nerd so superhero movies, Harry Potter, LOTR, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, anything supernatural (including Supernatural), anime, manga, you name it! Right now I am binge watching True Blood and also started on Orphan Black.
    Anything else pertinent: I'm interested in mindfulness, so if you're into meditation or yoga, please be my friend! I would love the support :smile: Also if you're vegetarian, I am always on the lookout for new vegetarian/vegan recipes too. In general, I am a pretty positive and supportive person, and I would love to help cheer you on in your fitness journey, so please add me!
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    College (alum/current student): BS Biology UT Austin, BS Nursing Saint Louis University
    Fitness Goals: To be truly FIT. Improve physical and mental strength and endurance, flexibility, balance, etc. More specifically, I want to drop my body fat percentage a little more, do pull-ups, get back into jiu jitsu and kickboxing (I was doing it for a little while before I got pregnant), and run some OCRs.
    Exercising: I love to work out. So much that I hate rest days. Right now I'm doing a beginner lifting program, some steady state cardio and some HIIT. I aim for one yoga class a week.
    Consistency: I log daily, open diary, and plan to be here long term.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Fantasy. Oh my how I love it. Name of the Wind is my absolute favorite book (come ON Rothfuss...PLEASE write more). HP too. Movies are Star Wars, HP. I'm loving GoT, Vikings, House of Cards right now for TV.
    Anything else pertinent: I have a kid. I think he's pretty cool. He tries to do burpees with me and could recognize and say "Dalek" before he turned two. I'm into science and philosophy, reading, and being outside.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    This is awesome, hope everyones having a great week!

College (alum/current student): Didn't Finish
    Fitness Goals: drop my bodyfat to around 7 or 8% and bring weight back up to 200lbs
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yes and I do weight training, aerobics, yoga, various forms of karate and jujitsu and good ol HIIT cardio.
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I am a long term kinda guy! Usually get on every day
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: would have to say its the star wars series! movies!
    Anything else pertinent: I have a 4 month old son I love to death times infinity, I drive a 2013 Camaro which is my other baby, I love cats, I am a passionate lover when love finds me, I love playing music like guitar, piano, drums, acapella singing etc, and I hope to one day compete on stage for a bodybuilding competition and maybe even get a PRO CARD!