Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Protein intake schedule

LilBruceMoore
LilBruceMoore Posts: 7 Member
I have seen several studies showing that taking protein before a workout has better results in gains and several that show that after a workout you get better gains and even studies that show that it does not matter when you take it in a day. I hate all the contradictory studies. So what do you think?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    As long as you're hitting daily macros or protein goals, timing doesn't matter 100%, BUT spacing out protein is more optimal for protein synthesis, but not necessary.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Hitting an appropriate daily goal is important - especially when cutting weight, think that has pretty wide agreement.

The rest is majoring in the minors IMHO. Also need to try to quantify the value of any minor advantages from timing - 10% or 1% for example. 10% might be worth the effort, 1% not really for non-completive folks.

This is a long read but you can skip to the conclusion!
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3879660/

The analysis also highlights the problem in drawing conclusions and comparisons drawn from different studies where the variables are very different.
  • LilBruceMoore
    LilBruceMoore Posts: 7 Member
    I will check it out, Thanks!