What do you do with salsa?

2»

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Top eggs, burritos, tacos, taquitos, quesadillas, make guacamole, with chips, mix in recipes like things with ground beef or a sauce for chicken), make Frito pie (my fav of my moms meals uses a whole 16oz jar of salsa in the recipe)

You can basically do anything with salsa. But it also depends what kind you have. Thick, watery, jalapeno, tomato based, habanero, sweet (like with mangos), etc

But honestly I use salsa with everything lol
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Mixed in with cottage cheese
    Potato topping
    Salad dressing replacement
    Dip for raw veggies
    Crockpot salsa chicken
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    whip up an egg, spray an oven safe fry pan, add egg, salsa and parm or low fat cheese and place under broiler until done. You can add bacon chips, ham, canadian bacon ....I usually have this with a half an onion bagel.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited May 2016
    Dip carrots in it.
    Cook with it - salsa chicken. Look it up, soooo yummy.
    Also tacos. Burritos. Eggs. Sauces. Salad dressings (when mixed with sour cream).

If I'm in a low carb mood filling a portabella mushroom cap with cheese, egg, salsa, taco spice, and baking it in the oven is good.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Salad dressing; quick cooking sauce for chicken, pork, beef, or veggies; raw veggie dip; spoon. Yes, spoon(!)
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    I personally throw it in the trash! Yuck....lol
  • MissNicolioli
    MissNicolioli Posts: 34 Member
    laur357 wrote: »
    Top a rice cake with a little cheese and salsa to replace your chips. . .

Super good idea!
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    I eat so much salsa. I like it with some cottage cheese and sliced tomatoes. It's good as a healthy topping for baked white fish. I eat it with hard boiled eggs. It's good with black beans and brown rice paired with either baked chicken or lean ground beef with taco seasoning.
  • rkbart16
    rkbart16 Posts: 8 Member
    Chicken, salsa in crockpot. Shred and make tacos, on top of rice, mixed with veggies, quesadillas, on salads, etc.

I do this too! My recipe is 1c salda, 1 can cream soup, 1 packet taco seasoning.. shred and eat with everything! It's really good.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I put it on my breakfast fajita. When I chuck the plan and have a frozen burrito for supper, I top it with my salsa.
  • Vivacity63
    Vivacity63 Posts: 5 Member
    Besides the obvious, mix it in tuna for a sandwich instead of mayo.