Millenials, Rise Up and Unite! (20s, early 30s, people who look at Buzzfeed too much)

Replies

• MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    College (alum/current student): yes
    Fitness Goals: i have lost 50 but need to lose another 25
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yes.. Swimming, hiking, walking, yoga, etc etc
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): long term
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: identity, high tension, dream house...
    Anything else pertinent: :)
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    College (alum/current student): Associates from CIA, currently going for Bachelor's in management there
    Location: Currently Poughkeepsie, NY but I'm from and usually am in Miami, Fl
    Fitness Goals: Be back to the weight I was before I started baking
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yeh, most cardio.
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): Longterm, I get on every day
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Movie: Birdman, Book: Invisible Monsters
    Anything else pertinent: sup
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Feel free to friend this old millennial B)

College (alum/current student): BBA in marketing
    Fitness Goals: gain muscle, lose fat, fit back into my smaller clothes
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yes - ballet 1x/week, ballet beautiful DVDs 3-4x/week, walking at lunch
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I am here daily. Have stopped and started over the years but am committed...currently o:)
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I love mysteries, both books and crime drama shows (ID channel is a guilty pleasure)
    Anything else pertinent: Married, childfree, love wine, happy hour, my cat, my friends and cross-stitching.
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    edited May 2016
    Oops, double post. Showing my age.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member

Occupation: Not really anything that I can call an occupation, but I do work at my university as a fitness instructor

College (alum/current student): In a Master's program for International and Comparative Politics

Fitness Goals: Weightloss -> Lose another 30-40 lbs (already 60 down), be able to do a pull up by my birthday in November, get better at yoga

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I teach cycling classes and I do yoga and Barre classes every week. I do enjoy running and I need to start doing it more, but bleh. I did make a deal to myself that I'll only watch Game of Thrones on days when I do some sort of exercise, so that's been a huge motivator

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I log in every day but I lurk a lot. I struggle with depression, so I try to find a balance between using my MFP friends as an "out" and respecting them enough to not just post all my depressing *kitten* all over the place, lol.

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: My favorite book is called "The Unquiet Ghost" and it's about people who lived during the Soviet Union and after it collapsed. It's truly a fascinating read for anybody interested in that sort of stuff. I also truly loved the book "Headscarves and Hymens" by an Egyptian woman who is talking about women's rights issues in the Middle East and North Africa. Again, I think it's more of a niche thing but those are my favorites.
    On a lighter note, I love Harry Potter too and there's even a Harry Potter weight loss challenge on MFP! I think they're posting a thread about it on 5/18, so keep your eye out if you're interested. It involves challenges for eating healthy (encouraging good decisions, not restricting per se), exercise, and includes trivia. They separate students into the four houses and we compete in groups against the other houses. It's a ton of fun and a great motivator!

Anything else pertinent: I love cats and beer. But my cats don't love beer for some odd reason.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    College (alum/current student): didn't finish... have to leave my island to pursue my dream
    Fitness Goals: have lost 65.8 so far, looking to lose 20 more and working on recomp.
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I lift, walk, bike, hike.
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): day 143 of current streak, been here on and off for a while. My big mistake last time was not logging when I hit maintenance, so i plan on being here long after I meet my goal
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: anything stephen king.
    Anything else pertinent: Married my high school sweetheart. We have 3 kids: Mouth, Mayhem and Mr. Baby.
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    College (alum/current student): current student
    Fitness Goals: get back in to the jeans and dresses I bought last summer, generally get more fit
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Walking, Pilates, body combat, boxing, yoga
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I am here daily
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I don't have favourite films/books but movies I love horror, and books true life and chick lit
    Anything else pertinent: Losing weight to try and get pregnant after a recent miscarriage and wanting to be in the best shape possibly, mentally and physically. I'm also a pug addict! I also love cars, piercings and tattoos :)
  • melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    I love reading everyone's responses. Hi fellow millennials. Hooray for OP going to law school!

Occupation: Teacher/adjunct professor, and headed back to get my PhD, starting in the fall

College (alum/current student): Have bachelor's and master's from CSUF, and I'm a crazy person going for more school in fall

Fitness Goals: Get back to my old weight that I maintained for years before going on medical leave; fitting into old clothes

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Since getting back at it, I walk, go hiking, do cardio, some yoga

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): Everyday, planning to be here long term

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: HP fan, love comedies, thrillers, etc. Not as well read as one would think, but I'll read anything!

Anything else pertinent: I'm trying to manage chronic pain, anxiety, and get back to feeling myself #millenialquarterlifecrisis
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Fitness Goals: gain strength ( powerlifting dream goal) long term knock marathon down to 4:15 and half to 1:50
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do?
    On a normal week strength train 3-5 sessions sometimes running training for various races 4/5 per week
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc):
    On all the freaking time, keeping food logs consistent so will stay as long as it helps
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: murder dramas and anything magical/folklorey
    Anything else pertinent:
  • mallygirl420
    mallygirl420 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi I'm Mallory!

College (alum/current student): Mizzou Alumnae

Fitness Goals: get down to 120 or 20% body fat or size 2 (whatever comes first!)

Boxing, Outdoor cycling, yoga, soccer, boot camp and weight training

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc):
    I've used MFP consistently for about four years but am newly motivated to actually lose some weight of recent. I am a daily

Anything else pertinent: I know my boyfriend is planning to propose and the thought of engagement photos and wedding dress shopping stresses me out. He loves me no matter what, but I want to be the most beautiful bride for him. I want to be the most beautiful right when he sees me coming down the aisle. So, for that, I'm getting started now!!!

I need friends to encourage me! Pls add me :)
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member

College (alum/current student): B.S., MPH-Epidemiology
    Fitness Goals: leaner, stronger, more athletic
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do?: Do it, Weights and cardio 4-6 times a week, occasional obstacle races and half marathons, dabble in rock climbing and arm wrestling
    Consistency: try to log in daily
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: love thrillers or medical science books, love action or comedies for movies... hard to choose favorites.
  • kkcruickshank
    kkcruickshank Posts: 59 Member
    College (alum/current student): Green Mountain College alum
    Fitness Goals: Lose weight, build muscle, look amazing
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I hike several times a week, go backpacking, yoga, ocassionally hit the gym
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): All day erry day!
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Anything by Clive Cussler!
    Anything else pertinent: I love having adventures!
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    College (alum/current student): Western Michigan University
    Fitness Goals: Lose weight, get healthier, maintain
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I exercise almost daily. There is a gym in the basement of my job so no excuses. Cardio and strength training.
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): My goal is to log in daily. Sometimes that doesn't happen on Sundays.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: So, so many. I love superhero action films, books: I will read just about anything.
    Anything else pertinent: I love making new friends!
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Hi I'm Meg!

College (current student): University of Manitoba

Location: Haida Gwaii for the summer, Iceland for the Fall, and Winnipeg, MB for the Winter

Fitness Goals: Get down to 155lbs (smallest I've ever been is 168lbs) the re-evaluate!

Jogging 4 days a week, bike to and from work each day (16km), and I play softball

I log everyday and intend to even when I get to my goal weight

Anything else pertinent: I use fitbit as well so if you want friends there send me a message with your user name and I'll add you :)
    I also cannot weigh myself until August so more looking for a healthy lifestyle rather than the quantitative numbers

Looking for motivated friends!!
  • Kotobirb
    Kotobirb Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi everyone, I'm Laura!

College: Towson University

Fitness Goals: I'd like to get down to or around 120 pounds. Run a 5k!

Exercising: Twice a week I go to the gym with 30 minutes of cardio and then free weights for abs and arms. I started the 30 day shred dvd the other day as something to do on days I don't go to the gym and I can tell it's going to take me way longer than 30 days.

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): Well I've only been at it for 6 days but I want to remain consistent! I'm not sure how I'll be once I lose and maintain weight.

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Movie - I can't pick one, but if it's a musical I'll probably love it. Book - Right now i'm rereading ASoIaF.

Anything else pertinent: I love animals, especially horses and cats. I cosplay too. I love dancing but I am incredibly uncoordinated. Feel free to add me :)
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Hi! Libby, here!

Occupation: Mailroom clerk, but going to be changing over to an Admin. Assistant in the next couple weeks.

College (alum/current student): GRCC

Fitness Goals: Lose 63lbs, and just feel good about myself.

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Walks, Leslie Sansone Walk Videos, 5k's, Planet Fitness, swimming/water aerobics

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I log in every day, but bad at completing my diary. 200 days and counting.

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I love all kinds of music, but Drake is BAE. Movies: RomCom's... i'm a hopeless romantic, but I do love good action movies && Captain America. I am not much of a reader, but I am currently trying to read "What Alice Forgot"

Anything else pertinent: Love making new friends! I am a bit of a loner at times, with some anxiety/depression thrown in, but I battle on... sometimes it gets the best of me, though.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    I was in denial about being a millennial for a long time. I think there is a difference between those of us whom didn't have internet until into/past puberty versus those raised with it and that should be acknowledged. Maybe cut 1980-1990. Buuuuut, I took a class in Managing Generational Differences and I am really stoked on a lot of cultural tendencies of millennials.

Confession: My name is DorkothyParker and I am a Millennial.

College (alum/current student): Boise State University BA. Communications, BSU grad student (current): Conflict Management.
    Fitness Goals: Summer Witch trend. Fashion is my fitness goal. ;)
    Exercising: Training for a half-marathon. Running with some yoga. I hate yoga.
    Consistency: Here and there. Feeling a lot better about being here on a high fat diet instead of standard low calorie. Originally came on to recover from Anorexia. Left. Came back to burn baby weight. Left. Now back with the HFLC group!
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Science fiction fan. Philip K Dick, Star Trek, comic books. General nerding.
    Anything else pertinent: Married 12+ years, mom of one toddler (one and done!), future Family Law Mediator (I hope!), former kindergarten teacher (S. Korea). I love kids. I believe the head and hands connect through the heart.

• rebeccaahopkins93
    rebeccaahopkins93 Posts: 107 Member
    Hey everyone, I'm Rebecca

College (alum/current student): TRU
    Fitness Goals: ultimate goal is to weigh 130 or if I'm content before then.
    Exercising: I go to the gym 5 days a week. 20-30 minutes of Cardio and 15-30 minutes of weight training alternating all of the major muscle groups.
    Consistency: I'm currently on day 55 of logging.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: probably Harry Potter (books and movies)
    Anything else pertinent: so far I've lost 8.5lb
  • freyjabibby
    freyjabibby Posts: 18 Member
    Hey, Freyja here. Been on here a while but not really done the social side of it (because most of it seems to either be screaming CICO at some poor person who asked a slightly misguided question, or ego-stroking bordering on cyber sex. Rant over.). Plus I'm a loner. But here goes.
    Firstly, we must acknowledge that Cracked beats Buzzfeed in everything except diversity (go Buzzfeed!).
    Anyway....

College (alum/current student): Got myself a MSc in Investigative Psychology from the University of Huddersfield (UK)
    Fitness Goals: Have thighs that don't rub in the summer, look how I think I'm going to look in clothes before I put them on and see myself, be less pudgy. I want to put down things like be healthy and toned, but without the exercise and with the hit-and-miss healthy eating I think they're a bit unrealistic.
    Exercising: Nope. I think I want to exercise but the fact that I don't do it probably means I'm lying to myself.
    Consistency: Every day, 133 days, even the bad ones (and there are some really bad ones in there)
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I love books by Neal Stevenson. Fan of sci-fan/fantasy/superheros. Also love musicals, rom-coms and pretty much anything made by the Hallmark channel (particularly Christmas movies and their murder mysteries). And Disney (yes, even the disney channel original movies that are made for 11 year olds and aren't animated).
    Anything else pertinent: I'm totally feeling the #millenialquarterlifecrisis (my first ever hashtag, maybe I'm not so millennial after all). I've got all the good intentions and not much of the follow through. I'm a veggie but not a very healthy one. I knit, sometimes. I cook, sometimes. I work too much. I love cocktails. I don't have a social life. I do have a budgie. He doesn't like me. I can't dance. I once taught drug education in a prison. I have a lot of shoes.
  • MudRunChica
    MudRunChica Posts: 24 Member
    I feel too old, but I'm technically a millennial...
    College (alum/current student): M.A. from CCSU
    Fitness Goals: Look like Crossfit Games competitor
    Exercising: Crossfit, running, rowing, swimming
    Consistency: Six days a week, Saturdays off
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Fight Club, 1984
    Anything else pertinent: Avid OCR racer