What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    This one may seem weird, but I can feel my pulse in my stomach when I'm laying down!

Me too! What is up with that!? I showed my husband the other night and he was freaked out. So odd.
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member

2 Diced onions
    1 red chilli
    3 clove chopped garlic
    1 tsp fresh Ginger
    1 large sweet potato chunked
    1 Tin Chopped Tinned Tomatoes
    1 tbsp, Spices, curry powder
    1 Tbsp, Garam Masala
    1 tin coconut milk
    1 medium head Cauliflower chopped into florets

Chuck everything into a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, best if you let it go cold and then reheat to serve as it thickens up, its lovely with fresh coriander sprinkled on top and smells amazing

Can also add chickpeas or spinach (or both!)

Thanks so much- @kittehkitteh88 I may try this tomorrow!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    This isn't weight loss specific but before I began working out regularly I didn't sweat much. I live in the desert and even high summer I didn't sweat much. Now I sweat a lot. Not only when I'm working out either but whenever I become slightly overheated.

Increasing one's metabolic rate can do that. Great job.

bodybuilding.com/fun/exercise_impacts_metabolism.htm
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    A large diet of vegetables will make your gas smell so rancid that you'll wonder if you should go back to processed food for the sake of air quality

HA! Oddly enough I fart less; which as a dad who's "dad humor" primarily involves the word "fart" isn't necessarily a good thing.. :blush:

I fart like a trooper these days. My poor husband wonders who he married methinks. My nephews on the other hand think it's hilarious.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    NealNH wrote: »
    That even though I am happy to have lost 77 pounds (35 to go) and I can see the difference, I no longer feel like me. When I walk or engage in an activity I feel off balance and like I am leaning forward when I walk. It is really odd to feel like a stranger to myself. I expect that it will pass once I get to my goal and stay there a while but for now it is a little disturbing.

I feel much the same way (I'm down 180 with another 50ish to go). My body feels very foreign and just not like "me." However, the further I get from my highest, the better it's getting. Or maybe it's just time working its magic. Congrats on your losses so far, you're doing a great job!

I totally understand this. It's almost unsettling sometimes. I'll get a glimpse of a body part and be like "wait, that's me?" It's so odd to go from seeing yourself one way for so long to something completely new and foreign.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!