30 Something and Need to Lose Over 100 Pounds

Options
Wow so I thought when I lost all of the weight the first time that I would never have to be here again.... How wrong was I. All of the weight crept back on and now I am 5'6 and weigh 283. (That's after losing the 9 pounds in the last two weeks or so) I just want to talk to people who are in the same boat. Are you trying to fit a new healthy lifestyle around a partner, career, kids? What are some of the tricks you've learned for staying active while working a desk job?

Replies

• MrsHull840
    MrsHull840 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm right there with you. 264 and 33. I've been a yoyo dieter for most of my adult life. I'm actually 60-some pounds heavier than I was when I started working 3 years ago. I have a husband and two kids and a houseful of pets (dog, cat, bird, chickens).

I have started the c25k program to try to give myself a fitness goal to work towards. I've never been a runner, but I like that I can easily measure my progress each week, aside from the scale.
  • norchids
    norchids Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Nalley,
    I'm walking in your shoes. I'm 36 years old, 5'4" and 233. About ten years ago I worked myself down to 150lbs but I was severely depressed and anti-social, spending quite literally hours (between 1-4) at the gym every single day. I lost weight fast and then, over ten years, gained it back, 1 or 2 pounds a month... So slowly I didn't really notice that I'm now back where I started! Worse off, actually! I want to do it the right way this time. Let's stick together on this journey!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Did the same thing, lost about 45lbs (225lbs to 179lbs), then met my husband and boom: kids, full time job, and a house and another 70lbs later...

I started at 248 last year and have slowly worked off 40lbs. Mostly through diet because exercising really wasn't consistent over the year/winter. Everyone just kept getting sick too much (young kids+daycare=germ factory). So far this spring though, things are looking good. I have started gardening/yardwork, they are young and have been helping a bit, they love to see the plants grow. I also bought a bike at a yard sale, as they just figured out how to ride bikes (with training wheels) so now that is ALL they want to do. Every night after work. And I can't say no to that, lol. But honestly, it is being really consistent with staying within my calories, weighing my food and watching my snacks and portions, since that is my problem area. Its been slow, I'm only losing about 2-2.5lbs a month but its way better than going the other way.
    I am really just trying to re-learn my portion sizes, show my girls a better example of eating as well, I don't want them to see me bingeing out because I'm bored or sad or angry. Food is for the body and we talk out our feelings, not eat them. I'm working on things like that, mostly why I'm losing slowly.

Oh I also have a fitbit, it lets me know exactly how lazy I am :D
  • hayleysk2016
    hayleysk2016 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a few of us are in the same boat!
    I was doing great at hitting my goal and then i got sick and my meds helped me gain 75lbs in one month! 8 years and two kids later and i am still struggling to lose that weight.

I have a 2year old and a two month old. I don't want to be known as the fat mom once the kids hit school so i am trying to get healthy now.

Im at 244 now and looking to get down to 200 this year. Dr said i should be at 135. However that doesn't seem realistic..lol
  • Archercc
    Archercc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    32 year old stay at home dad here. 6'4" somewhere over 330 since that is as high as my scale goes and it errors our when I climb on it. I was 320 8.5 months ago, then we moved cross country and I spent the winter not doing much but snacking and nibbling all day long, and sucking down Mountain Dew like it was water.

A few days ago we got ready to go out to the zoo and I realized I only had one pair of pants that still fit (spent the winter in sweatpants or pajamas).

I need to get healthy, I have a beautiful 4 year old daughter who needs to see Daddy doing more then being a lump on a log.