Best excersise for tummy?

I'm on slim fast to loose 7-10 lb but I want to try and tone up my tummy a bit! I've had two children so my tummy has been stretched and now feels a bit flabby

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Lift heavy things. Stop drinking your meals.
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    randomtai wrote: »

I spend most of the day carrying or running around after a two year old - she weighs just over two stone!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

I spend most of the day carrying or running around after a two year old - she weighs just over two stone!

Read the sticky. The info there explains so much.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member

Weightlifting. Like deadlifts, barbell squats, overhead press, hip thrusts, etc.. Try Stronglifts 5x5 if you want a structured weight lifting program.
  • lauraemily84
    Thank you for your reply - il Google those I have no idea what you do for them
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    For the record, you are just fine drinking your meals if it suits you. That's kind of the point of CICO.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    While I am a huge advocate for weightlifting, you can do simple exercises like planks, suitcases, v-ups, etc. These can be performed at home without any equipment.There are also trainers and articles focusing on women tightening their core muscles following childbirth. I would just youtube core exercises. Of course you can't "tone" anything without fat loss, so being at a calorie deficit is the most important part to losing, but you can easily google or youtube to find good exercises to work your core muscles.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member

They mean you need to employ a progressive lifting program. It's a great way to preserve muscle and burn fat.
  • lauraemily84
    Thank you I will you tube x
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member

They are talking about weight lifting. Starting with what is currently heavy and progressing to heavier weights over time. This combined with a reasonable deficit and adequate protein intake (0.8 g per lb body weight) will help you preserve muscle mass which should hopefully make most of your weight loss come from fat stores. As an added bonus it tends to make everyday tasks (like chasing and carrying a 2 yr old) easier*.

Some good beginner programs are:

Stronglifts 5x5
    Ice Cream Fitness 5x5
    New Rules of Lifting for Women
    Strong Curves
    Starting Strength

*Okay so this sentence is my own personal experience as a mom of an almost 2 yr old (will be 2 at the end of the month) and a 4 yr old.
  • lauraemily84
    Thank you that's really helpful, I have a 4 year old too ☺️
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

Read the sticky. The info there explains so much.

No one ever reads the stickies.