Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Hey friends! Been down and out with a wicked head cold. Starting to feel like I'm coming back from the dead today... !! Yikes, talk about cramping my style! Hoping tomorrow I can get out and get in some sweaty exercises. Tonight I will just walk the dog a bit, still headache-y!
    Jen, have a great time in Vegas!!
    Nichole, put your phone on silent and keep it in the kitchen when you go to bed. It's called boundaries, dad! Lol
    Chasidee, don't give up cheat days/meals, just change them to something different...
  • bluepoppies777
    And it cut off the last half of my post!! Gahhh
  • rcballinger2016
    rcballinger2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Can you please add me to the group. I have just started my journey to loose 60 lbs and sure the motivation will slow down the farther along I get.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    @Rachel0778 Great job with the 25000 steps wow that is impressive.

@chasidee90 Sorry you were feeling crappy after your cheat day. It is now over with so just put it behind you and move on. you have been doing a great job.

@jkhoffe Almost time for Vegas. Have a great time.

@health_guard Hope you really enjoyed your relaxing weekend. I am really hoping to have one of those this weekend.

@FitEqualsSmile Thanks! I have to start getting graduation stuff also. I'm excited but also sad that my baby is all grown up. :'(

@bluepoppies777 I wish I could leave phone in kitchen, however it is my alarm to get up for work. :s He has been better the last 2 nights. I told him if the sun isn't up don't call me. I don't know if he is listening or if he is finally starting to sleep more then just a cat nap. Either way i'll take it. I hate when it cuts off half of your post. UGH!

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday. :# Have grocery store today and then I will get there. Do any of you miss it if you don't get there? I never in a million years would have thought I would feel that way but I do. I like that I am feeling stronger. Saw a little definition in my arms the other day. yeah! Tonight is senior night for softball. If it doesn't rain. Good thing I am going to store I am out of puffs. And being the crybaby that I am I will need them today.

Everyone have a good day.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Today is not quite as busy as yesterday, thank goodness. Off the areiel yoga and then plant shopping and lunch with my mom. Hoping to get the yard mowed today as it is growing like a weed. Hubby is off on a business adventure and won't be home till about 11pm so I am skipping cooking dinner - leftovers it is.

Hope everyone has a great day.

@ngolden3320 - I am one of those people who love the gym - who would have thunk it. My only day off is Sunday and normally ends up being a nice walk or hike with the hubby and dogs. I am lucky I am able to vary everything up between my normal gym and a couple different yoga studios. I LOVE the definition in my arms. My mother actually noticed the other day. It actually still amazes me when I am reaching for something and look down and see the muscle. Crazy!!

@rcballinger2016 - there is no magic joining, just jump in - welcome and goodluck. Check in often. Many of us are in the same boat here. I am 30 down and have 30 more to go. Tracking is key for me. Keeps me honest and in check.

@bluepoppies777 - glad you are feeling better.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @chasidee90 I wouldn't worry too much about the 2lbs, it's likely mostly water weight from the increased sodium. Check yourself again in a few days and you'll see the difference/

@FitEqualsSmile Great way to break in the new scale with a loss! Sounds like you had quite the active day yesterday!

@bluepoppies777 Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hopefully the walk helped to calm the headache

@ngolden3320 I totally miss it when I'm not there too! I was staring at my June calendar and realized how many classes I have to miss due to social events and I started to feel really sad, weird huh?

@jkhoffe Sorry to hear about the cold. Looks like everyone is getting sick lately!

I finally felt body confident enough to hop on the scale and I dropped a pound! Yes, it's only 1 pound in the last month, but I still call it a huge success! Slow and steady is going to win the race this time, I will be one of those 5% who keeps it off over 5 years.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    @Rachel0778 well done on the weight loss.
    @jkhoffe ive had a stupid cold for the last couple of days :( hope your feeling better soon

well i have learnt a few things this month with all my calorie changes and macro matching, and that is that i now know what my maintenance calories are. I can eat pretty much what i want and still feel fit and healthy.
    Because i have not yet reached my goal weight i decided to drop my calories back down and today i have had a loss of 1.8lbs :smiley: i am now only 3.2lbs away from my goal weight :)

I hope everyone is doing great and i hope you all have a great day :smiley:
  • sjboulden
    sjboulden Posts: 6 Member
    I've been trying to find a group our create a group to share and compare with. I'm happy to join this one and do both.
  • ngolden3320
    @Rachel0778 Great job on the 1 lb weight loss. My scale has put the breaks on also. I would definitely be doing a happy dance at 1 lb.

@GillianSmith2 How exciting to have lost 1.8 lbs and be that close to your goal weight. You will reach it in no time.

I hope the rest of you who are fighting these colds start to feel better soon.

@sjboulden welcome to the group.

@chasidee90 You have been doing a great job. Don't worry about the 2 lbs.

@FitEqualsSmile How was aerial yoga? That sounds like fun. I need to go plant shopping also but first I need to get my butt out there and weed. Hopefully this weekend. High School softball almost over then we will have till the beginning of June off before travel softball starts. I love it when hubby is gone and you can do left overs or a bowl of cereal of just a sandwich.
  • sjboulden
    sjboulden Posts: 6 Member
    Anybody know how to s schedule a rest day thru this tool?
  • bluepoppies777
    Hey all! Happy Wednesday. Hope you all are killing your work outs and eating healthy. I'm still up and down with everything, finding it hard to keep my mojo going. Ever since the funeral, it's been hard to get back at it 100%, it's like everything went off the rails. I'm still maintaining my weight, but my mental part is seriously lacking still. There have been a few days where I have felt really good, strong and motivated, but then something else happens and I get a bit derailed again (like my hub's birthday, or my head cold). I'm hoping that I can find my WHY and get back to being serious about my fitness and eating. I'm going to the gym after work, haven't been for a while, but my head cold is over 90% gone, so I'm going!
  • ngolden3320
    @bluepoppies777 you will get it together, and until then we are here for you.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    @bluepoppies777 There may be a few bumps in the road but you can make it one step at a time. You are doing a great job . Just keep going forwards and you WILL get there.
  • bluepoppies777
    Thank you guys for the support! I went to the gym after work and actually jogged (turtle pace) on the treadmill for 25 mins without stopping. After doing 15 mins on the moving stairs! So I didn't lose my fitness with my cold, thankfully. And I managed to stay inside my calories. One day down! Just have to do it again tomorrow! One day at a time is all I can do right now!!
  • ngolden3320
    Good Morning Everyone. All this talk about not feeling well I think has finally caught up with me. I woke up this morning and my stomach is just rolling. Really feeling like I might get sick. :'(:s Don't tell Jenna but I had a Coke. I haven't had one since the 1st of February. I thought it might settle my stomach, but no go.

@GillianSmith2 I love your meme for Joy. It reminds me of when Buddy was a puppy. Now he is just an old fart.

Went to the gym yesterday got my arc trainer in. I passed the time by watch some young (20 something) boy working on his arms. After each set of exercises he would check out his progress in the mirror. It helped pass the time.

@goonietime Great job on the loser pants. That is such a good feeling. It just comes to you out of the blue. (like what is up with these pants I have to hike them up every time I walk. Hey I have to hike them up every time I walk something must be working.) LOL I am having the loser pants moment now. They are really drooping.

@jkhoffe I hope you are feeling better this morning when you wake up in Vegas. Have a great time and enjoy yourself.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @health_guard Anything fun planned for your last week of freedom? :)

@sjboulden I don't think there's a way to schedule a rest day without premium membership where you can adjust your daily calories, I think you just take one

@jkhoffe Stupid cold! I hope it doesn't interfere with vacation too much!

@bluepoppies777 I always find it hard to get back in the groove without exercise. Now that you're back in the gym my guess is the eating will fall into place too

@goonietime I absolutely have that too! I have to pull out my "before" picture sometimes to remind myself that I have actually made progress. Embarrassingly, most of my clothes were getting so tight on my so I only have 1 or 2 pants that are now too big even though I've lost a pants size! I was in serious denial about what size I wore

@ngolden3320 Our lips are sealed! Although she might forgive you since classic coke is definitely a throat soother :) Eye candy definitely makes gym time go faster!

I took the night off of life last night and just curled up with my book and Netflix and then went to bed at 8:30! It was glorious and just what I needed. Today I feel much better and am really looking forward to a good boxing session tonight.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Good morning everyone. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. Im still here. The motivation has been lacking a bit lately. I have had good days and bad days. My weight has been pretty stable, so I haven't gone too far off track. But I really need to get back at it! Good news-we sold the house! It was on the market a little over a week and we got a great offer! We also put an offer in on another house and it was accepted that same day. Now-we have the option in front of us to get a second house at the same time. Not sure if our banker will go for it-but one of the houses already has renters in there so it would basically pay for itself and then some. It will be interesting to see what happens! We don't close on any of them until early July, so we are going to enjoy the next month going to the beach. After that its going to get busy again! Hope everyone has a great day!