How To Satisfy A Pizza Craving

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    I eat pizza once a week. Usually chicken/garlic with white sauce. 4 pieces does it for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    I have pretty much solved this by eating lower calorie, lower fat meals all year (I still eat fat -- just less of it than I used to, and focused mainly on plant oils) and becoming accustomed to them. One weekend a month or two ago when we went out to eat and I *did* have enough calories left in the day to have a few slices of pizza, I indulged and I did not feel so great afterwards. Did it again at a different restaurant a bit later and it made me queasy again. Now I really don't want pizza any longer because I don't like feeling queasy and bloated. (And if I did, I would probably make it at home and make it way less greasy.)
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I pick up a Papa Murphy's thin crust veggie or Hawaiian pizza and eat as many slices as I can fit in for dinner. If you love pizza, there is no reason to not eat pizza once in a while. Just make room in your daily calories.

Quick fix: Hormel turkey pepperoni as a snack. Roughly 70 calories for 17 slices.

Papa Murphy's is what I'm doing for Friday night (and Saturday and Sunday). ;-)
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Papa Murphy's large pepperoni thin crust pizza, 200 cal per slice. I eat pizza every friday, it's delicious. You can fit it in
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Make it fit. You should be able to fit 2 slices of pepperoni into your day (520cals, Pizza Hut).
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    I make my own thin crust pizza (but I buy the crust) and it is amazingly delicious. I don't skimp on meat or cheese, either. I do use turkey pepperoni and turkey sausage, though. And lots of veggies. Tastes so good!! I think I'll make one tomorrow night :)
    I normally budget 600-700 calories for a pizza night and I definitely get full off of the amount I eat, usually having to give my last allotted piece to my boyfriend.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I want pizza.

Right. F'n. Now.

I'm waiting till Friday if I can find pizza here. I can taste it already!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I love pizza, but not every day. Usually I have my Gluten free pizza twice a month loaded with veggies.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    I want pizza.

Right. F'n. Now.

I would die waiting that long
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Pfft i just eat the pizza. One bad meal wont make you fat. But if you really want to. Cauliflower pizza crust helps, pizza stuffed portobello mushrooms, eggplant pizza, go buy a lean cuisine pizza theyre actually quite good
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Lean Cuisine pizzas are very good.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    I just get pizza:

Domino's - Thin Crust Pizza - 12" - Pepperoni Sausage Onions Tomatoes Pineapple - 1/4 pizza
    Calories 355
    Sodium 795 mg
    Total Fat 20 g
    Saturated 8 g
    Total Carbs 33 g
    Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Sugars 5 g
    Protein 14 g
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I use half of one lavash sheet as a crust. Then top with tomato paste, vegetables, a few ounces of beef or chicken and a Tbsp of grated Parmesan. Bake at 425 for 7 minutes.
  • 0splague
    0splague Posts: 1 Member
    I love pizza aswell, I still eat it every now and then, but I obviously can't eat it as much as I would like. What I did to satisfy those cravings is get some Flatout Flatbread as a base, make a pseudo-sauce by crushing up some tomatoes, garlic, salt and some pepper and reducing it a bit, then add some low-fat Mozzarella with some basil aswell. Obviously not the best thing you'll ever have, but it satisfied me; the sauce was actually not that bad it reminded me of Sbarro's. If you're not worried about carbs you can just buy or prepare some pizza dough and it'll be even better.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    ericatoday wrote: »
    Pfft i just eat the pizza. One bad meal wont make you fat. But if you really want to. Cauliflower pizza crust helps, pizza stuffed portobello mushrooms, eggplant pizza, go buy a lean cuisine pizza theyre actually quite good

Why is it a bad meal?
  • doddsar127
    doddsar127 Posts: 18 Member
    I make Greek pizza. A crisped pia, brish with olive oil, sliced on tomatoes, agreed a few bail leaves and a few oregano leaves on them, sightings on parmesan, feta, and fresh sliced of low fat part skim mozzarella. Use the cheeses like flavoring (not like a layer of concrete)! ... Put under a broiler for two or three minutes. Yum.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I want pizza.

Right. F'n. Now.

I would die waiting that long

I feel that way to. But day before weigh in now.
  • brepd369
    brepd369 Posts: 6 Member
    Try zucchini boats! Cut a zucchini in half long way, scoop out seeds with a spoon, measure/portion the amount of sauce, veggies, and cheese to fill and bake! Super delicious, low cal, low carb, lots of veggies! Pair with a healthy salad for even more fill!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,286 Member
    Drive into a Jet's Pizza and get one slice of pizza to go. It is 500 calories..and so delicious and satisfying. I get cheese and pepperoni. Don't do it all the time…but it gives you your pizza fix. It also makes you understand how you'd keep eating another four slices if you had a whole pie in front of you. It is great portion control. Do it on a day when you exercise and eat lean the rest of the day.