Millenials, Rise Up and Unite! (20s, early 30s, people who look at Buzzfeed too much)

Replies

• Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Also feel weird calling myself a millennial, but alas.

College (alum/current student): BS from Washington State University (Go Cougs!); MS from Embry-Riddle
    Fitness Goals: Successfully run (aka finish) my first marathon next month
    Exercising: Run 4x/week
    Consistency: Been here consistently since January, and pretty regularly last year. Very active M-F, less so on the weekends (although I still track, just don't visit the forums as much).
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Movie: I say Shawshank Redemption but I watch Bridget Jones's Diary over and over again so it's a toss up. Book: The Giver
    Anything else pertinent: Switching to maintenance today because I can't handle eating at a deficit while training for the marathon, but will be working to lose the last few pounds after next month.
  • Cohalligan
    Cohalligan Posts: 26 Member
    College (alum/current student): Camosun College
    Fitness Goals: Get down into the "overweight" BMI range (175lbs) from obese (starting weight 227lbs, currently 192lbs). Then we will see - ending goal is somewhere from 135-155lbs? I just want to be fit and fabulous.
    Exercising: I go to the gym 2-4x a week to do an hour long full body weight lifting routine, and do cardio at home on my treadmill 2-3x a week. I try to get 5-6 days of exercise in a week with one rest day.
    Consistency: I work rotating shifts, so I can be online anywhere from once a day to logged in almost all day. I have been using MFP for the last threeish weeks.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Harry Potter, crime dramas, anything to do with the Marvel super hero universe or X-men, Big Bang Theory.
    Anything else pertinent: Married with a 2 year old terror toddler whom I love to bits. Fashion idols are Bernadette from BBT and Felicity Smoak from the Arrow. I dream of revamping my jewelry wardrobe from Anthropologie. I love makeup tutorials and 1950s swing dresses. I have two cats. They are both *kitten*.
  • stambau2
    stambau2 Posts: 9 Member
    mariv0 wrote: »
    Hello! Kind of searched through and found a few threads for folks in this age group which were either old or for women only. I thought I would make another which is more inclusive and more current.

Let's fill out a quick questionnaire to get to know one another!

College (alum/current student):
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do?
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc):
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever:
    Anything else pertinent:

I'll start.

Occupation: Registered Nurse (and going to law school in the Fall)
    College (alum/current student): Alumna of the University of Texas (BS Nursing), University of Southern California Gould School of Law Class of 2019 (JD)
    Fitness Goals: Lose weight (35lbs down in 5 weeks so far)
    Exercising: Hiking, hiking, hiking. Almost every day
    Consistency: I get on every day and have for about a month now. It's working, so I'll be sticking with it.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Movie: Clerks. Book: Harry Potter is my life.
    Anything else pertinent: My exercise is logged on my fitbit, and it doesn't cross over. So if you have a fitbit, too, and want to look at my awesome maps, add me there, too! :D And also, I'm a lover of giant, fluffy dogs, video games, and roller coasters.

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Love this idea!! Hello all! My name is Alicia :)

Occupation: Graphic/UX Designer. Currently for one of the world's largest banks, although I'm looking for a new position.

College (alum/current student): Art Institute of Philadelphia Alum, Currently enrolled in a certificate program with UC San Diego.

Location: Moved to the San Francisco Bay Area two years ago when my boyfriend was relocated for work, but I will always consider Philadelphia home.

Fitness Goals: Lose weight and gain both muscle and strength. I've lost about 40 lbs now and have about another 35 to go.

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yep! I'm in my third semester now of beginning ballet with a local dance school, so I have class once a week and practice whenever I can outside of class. I aim for 10,000 steps/day and to lift at least twice a week (should do it more often though!). I throw in yoga, some Fitness Blender videos, and hiking for good measure.

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I'm here for long term. I'm much more active during the week than on the weekends.

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I'm a sucker for any move by the Coen brothers with two of my all time favorites being The Big Lebowski and O Brother, Where Art Thou?. I'm open to any and all books. I just love reading in general. Currently I'm reading Wreckage by Emily Bleeker. Also love Game of Thrones, We Bear Bares, The Big Bang Theory for TV shows and The Black Keys, Hozier, BB King, and lots of other bluesy rock.

Anything else pertinent: Since moving to CA, I've really gained a whole new perspective on life. I guess moving 2,500 miles away from everything you've ever known will do that, but I completely dig it. My physical health, mental health, financial plan, relationships, and everything else are the best they've ever been.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member

Occupation: none; but I volunteer as a co-facilitator for a support group for people with borderline personality disorder

College (alum/current student): have studied psychology at university, but no degree

Fitness Goals: body recomposition

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? stronglifts 5x5, lots of walking, hikes

Consistency: I will likely stick around and continue to log into maintenance to keep from gaining weight again

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: favourite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing. favourite book is Prozac Nation (and no, the movie doesn't compare)

Anything else pertinent: Buffy is life
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Hi! I'm Sadie

College (alum/current student): Alum

Fitness Goals: 125lbs GW

I do! Mix of Couch to 5k, PIIT28, and walking

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I've been here for ages, slow progress, but it's ramping up as I tend to care more nowadays..

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever:
    Movie: The Princess Diaries
    Book: Dorothy Must Die

Anything else pertinent: Always looking for new friends! My diary is open, as well. Ummm if anyone is in Austin, TX I'm moving there in the next month and would love friends, online or otherwise?
  • kateraichu
    kateraichu Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm game.

College (alum/current student): graduated 4 years ago with a theater degree
    Fitness Goals: to get back down to 110 again before my wedding in October
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? 30 min treadmill, 30 min elliptical, 30 min stationary bike, stretching! (That's when I go to the gym, that is.)
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I try my best to be long term.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Murakami's Sputnik Sweetheart is my favorite book of all time. Interstellar is my favorite movie.
    Anything else pertinent: Just tryin' to hold myself accountable for my own weight loss. It's nice to have others to talk to about it, and help remind me of my goals.
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Hi, I'M Karyne!
    Occupation: I'm a Human ressources coordinator, currently in Labour relations
    College (alum/current student): IR at ULaval
    Fitness Goals: losing weight, being happy
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Crossfit about 3-4x a week, jogging 2-3x a week and currently shopping for a road bike! Plus any activity that involves moving around!
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I openn MFP everyday, no longer log my food, weight everyday, log my weight when it drops. I've done long term modification to my eating and exercise habits.
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Waaay to many to list them here :)
    Anything else pertinent: French is my native language :) oh and I'm single haha!
  • kateraichu
    kateraichu Posts: 39 Member
    Love this idea!! Hello all! My name is Alicia :)

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I'm a sucker for any move by the Coen brothers with two of my all time favorites being The Big Lebowski and O Brother, Where Art Thou?. I'm open to any and all books. I just love reading in general. Currently I'm reading Wreckage by Emily Bleeker. Also love Game of Thrones, We Bear Bares, The Big Bang Theory for TV shows and The Black Keys, Hozier, BB King, and lots of other bluesy rock.

GET OUT OF HERE! You love O Brother Where Art Thou too?! That's one of my all time, serious favorites! I can quote it like no other. I'm so happy another person my age loves that movie. Sometimes at night I'll whisper to my fiancé "....do.... not... seek... the treasure." :D
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Becca

College: Just graduated from UO, starting my masters in June!

Fitness Goals: Looking to lose anything 60ish pounds, trying to be more athletic overall as well

Exercising: I used to swim competetively, so I do laps once a week usually, I run a couple times a week, and I lift weights

Consistency: I've been overweight basically forever so I'm making lifestyle changes. I've been on MFP 136 days now and trying to correct some overeating habits

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Harry Potter for sure.

Anything else pertinent: I'm going into teaching, so I'm excited to be a good example for my future students in being healthy!
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    I myself feel weird/old/odd calling myself a millenial. I think the 30+ crowd

College (alum/current student): North Seattle CC

Fitness Goals: Trying to lose over 100lbs. Having 3 kids in 5 years did a number on my body
  • Kay_Fancy
    Kay_Fancy Posts: 34 Member

Occupation: Instructional Designer and Trainer for Software Technology

College (alum/current student): TRU

Fitness Goals: Burlesque body

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Yoga, Fitnessblender, running

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): Here, on every day. Pretty consistent these last 4 months. 65 day streak!

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: right now watching Love on netflix. Pretty much adore it.

Anything else pertinent: Add me as a friend!! <3
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member

College (alum/current student): I have a Psych degree

Fitness Goals: Strong as hell

Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? Powerlifting, 4x a week

Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I joined MFP back in 2010. I get on here every day, even if it's just for a minute. I don't consistently log food unless I'm trying to lose weight.

• tofuligan
    tofuligan Posts: 45 Member

Cheesemonger (talk about temptation!)

WWU

PDX

140 or 20% or size 6. 15lb down since 1/1. First 5k coming up in August!

Everyday MFP user

Loves: cheese, beekeeping, growing food

What I could *really* use is an anonymous/semi-anon email buddy so I feel like I have someone accountable to daily if anyone's interested. In the mean time, feel free to add me!
  • dorbelle
    dorbelle Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi everyone!! Feel free to add me! I log on like once every couple of hours
    College (alum/current student): BA in Fine Arts
    Fitness Goals: to be 145-140 by November. 130 is the ultimate goal.
    Exercising: treadmill. Lifting a couple of weights. Body pump and spinning is fun!
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I log in once every couple of hours, or I will forget!
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: the room
    Anything else: I had a blood clot in my right leg so I cannot run very well.
  • ohheyitsmadds
    ohheyitsmadds Posts: 9 Member

Occupation: Freelance Video Editor. I hope to one day edit promotional trailers, and perhaps even films one day.
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Hey, I'm Hannah.

Occupation: Student, internship in linguistics research currently
    College (current student): Northeastern University
    Fitness Goals: Lost ~25 pounds so far, and I have ~45 pounds to go til my goal!
    Exercising: Lots of walking, some yoga and hiking. When I get back to campus in the fall I plan to start weight lifting and do more group fitness classes.
    Consistency: 80 day streak so far, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon!
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Right now I'm reading Chernow's biography of Hamilton. Movie-wise: I'm a fan of Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson, and Tarantino. Music: Joanna Newsom, Radiohead, Lady Lamb, St. Vincent.
    Anything else pertinent: Vegetarian, I use fitbit, and I added some of y'all :D
  • VivaPirata
    VivaPirata Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi everyone, I'm Kerri! Feel very welcome to add me as a friend! :heart:

Occupation: Student (with a different part-time job every month :wink: )

College (alum/current student): University of Edinburgh, studying Sociology degree

Goals: To be no longer overweight and to feel great. Have lost around 60lbs so far - have to lose at least another 20lbs to cross out of the overweight section and then I'll reevaluate where I'm heading and update my goal

Exercising: Had got into swimming 3x a week but have fallen off that wagon, this has reminded me to get back on it

Consistency: Try to log on everyday and been here most days since October. Food log is private though.

Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: Might make me sound weird but I have a genuine interest in serial killers and so documentaries/movies/books etc. on well-known serial killers always intrigue me :scream:

Anything else pertinent: Trying to improve both my physical and mental health at the moment and it's an, ahem...interesting... journey with lot's of ups and downs. Anyone else on the same journey will be great to connect with! Also, always feel like a baby on this site so anyone else in late teens/early twenties, please do feel free to add me!! (Or anyone else at all really)
  • bheinzelman226
    bheinzelman226 Posts: 4 Member
    College (alum/current student): alumn of Central Michigan University
    Fitness Goals: lose 15 lbs
    Exercising: Do you do it, and what do you do? I love to run, ride my bike, play tennis, and insanity
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I get on every day for the long term!
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I love to read and watch movies, but I can't pick just one of either!
    Anything else pertinent: I'm married to my high school sweetheart, we've been together almost 11 wonderful years and we have 2 shetland sheepdogs whom are our babies!!
  • rzdulcey
    rzdulcey Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2016
    College (alum/current student): just finished sophomore year in community college I am now a junior! :D
    College (alum/current student): just finished sophomore year! I'm a junior now B)
    Fitness Goals: to loose weight to the max!
    I started exercising a year ago and I try to go 3-4 times a week. I start of with cardio and rn I'm doing a training to improve my mile run time. I started with a 20 min mile run and within a month I'm now on a 15 min run I hope to get to 12 min and then keep getting faster! After weights of course!! Weights are important to tighten the flabby skin after you loose weight so that's what I do. I hit my entire body on the weights so I can stay proportionate and lean
    Consistency (are you here for today, or will you be here long term? And do you get on every day or once a week? etc): I have been on and off this app but I'm trying to be more consistent especially if I stared adding more friends! So add me :)
    Favorite Movie/Book/Whatever: I enjoy all superheros movies and I read science fiction and fantasy books, I love the band THE KILLERS!
    Anything else pertinent: please add me so I can join your journey as well :)