Nutricious diet

13»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    OP eat what you like but stay within your daily calories. There are no bad or fattening foods. If there were, I wouldn't have lost over 80lbs! No need to cut foods out, just weigh then in grams on a food scale and log accurately.
    jdb3388 wrote: »
    you can lose 12 lbs in a week if you just cut out sodas, dairy, and sweets. Go to a Meat/Vegetable/fruit only diet. In a week to a week and a half you'll have lost 12lbs or more. Problem is, in 3-4 weeks you'll be right back to where you were.

If you want to lose weight effectively and keep it off, its a process, a very tedious one. Don't worry about what you eat, just worry about how many calories you eat. It's a simple math problem, and if you look at it as such, you will be successful.
    12lbs? Surely you meant 1-2? What dangerous horrible advice.
    Chelleh616 wrote: »
    You keep mentioning that you don't know what to eat. Many people have mentioned it's not WHAT you eat but the CALORIES that will cause you to lose weight. I feel that you want people to tell you what to do/eat but the only person who can decide that is YOU. If you have pot noodles, eat pot noodles. Just log them accurately.

You may be looking for a magic food that will help you shed the weight. That magic food does not exist.

Noooo that's not the case, plus I don't trust the whole calorie thing it's fat content. I'm actually hoping someone can suggest meals that are low in fat. I'm not dumb I know about calories and stuff. I'm just useless at coming up with a meal plan and would like suggestions
    What? Fat doesn't make you fat, ever, unless you eat enough to continuously go over calories. Low fat diets are a crapmyth from the 80's... Utter BS. I eat 60-100g of fat and stay within my calories and guess what? I am over 80lbs down and am continue to lose weight. It's all due to calories and this has been proven time and time and time again. It is simple science and math. Calories are a unit of energy, and all food ps have calories. When the body has too much energy then it stores it as fat. All I do is weigh all my food and ensure I choose accurate mfp database entries and I lose weight. Fat is extremely essential for fat soluable vitamins, hormones, brain function....please don't demonize it. Trust the calorie thing because it works if you use the tool correctly. It's scientifically proven. In the past, I've demonized foods and it got me nowhere...actually I gained lots of weight eating a clean vegetarian diet... I lost over 80lbs eating nrmal food. Food is food is food. A calorie is a calorie (don't argue with science, please.. Calories are a unit of energy). Carbs and fat are not bad. Just. Eat.
    tonkacrew3 wrote: »
    Oh great, a silly 'pay for this book to learn all teh sectretz'. Myfitnesspal is....free!

Thank you all for the advise, people make dieting sound like cutting out sugar and fat completely and this that and the other, it all gets super confusing, then adding stuff like sodium a d whatever into the mix
    It's frustrating to say the least. I've n
    ever been good with planning food, and I do just want to drop the first initial pounds, once they have gone then I don't care if it takes me 2 years to lose the last 2.5 stone, atleast I won't be categorised ad obese

Just eat food that you like and stay within calories...trust the science, ditch the silly rules and the weight loss will happen. I did and lost weight. Weigh all the food that you eat...it really works and you don't have to pay for some silly book or be miserable.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    OP eat what you like but stay within your daily calories. There are no bad or fattening foods. If there were, I wouldn't have lost over 80lbs! No need to cut foods out, just weigh then in grams on a food scale and log accurately.
    jdb3388 wrote: »
    you can lose 12 lbs in a week if you just cut out sodas, dairy, and sweets. Go to a Meat/Vegetable/fruit only diet. In a week to a week and a half you'll have lost 12lbs or more. Problem is, in 3-4 weeks you'll be right back to where you were.

If you want to lose weight effectively and keep it off, its a process, a very tedious one. Don't worry about what you eat, just worry about how many calories you eat. It's a simple math problem, and if you look at it as such, you will be successful.
    12lbs? Surely you meant 1-2? What dangerous horrible advice.
    You keep mentioning that you don't know what to eat. Many people have mentioned it's not WHAT you eat but the CALORIES that will cause you to lose weight. I feel that you want people to tell you what to do/eat but the only person who can decide that is YOU. If you have pot noodles, eat pot noodles. Just log them accurately.

You may be looking for a magic food that will help you shed the weight. That magic food does not exist.

Noooo that's not the case, plus I don't trust the whole calorie thing it's fat content. I'm actually hoping someone can suggest meals that are low in fat. I'm not dumb I know about calories and stuff. I'm just useless at coming up with a meal plan and would like suggestions
    What? Fat doesn't make you fat, ever, unless you eat enough to continuously go over calories. Low fat diets are a crapmyth from the 80's... Utter BS. I eat 60-100g of fat and stay within my calories and guess what? I am over 80lbs down and am continue to lose weight. It's all due to calories and this has been proven time and time and time again. It is simple science and math. Calories are a unit of energy, and all food ps have calories. When the body has too much energy then it stores it as fat. All I do is weigh all my food and ensure I choose accurate mfp database entries and I lose weight. Fat is extremely essential for fat soluable vitamins, hormones, brain function....please don't demonize it. Trust the calorie thing because it works if you use the tool correctly. It's scientifically proven

^ Truth.