Questions, Struggles, Progress

Replies

• Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    I have a really hard time with that too.. I'm doing low carb (trying to stay under 30 carbs per day) and I found that eating a good amount of eggs for breakfast helps - they are higher in calories and low in carbs. I usually eat 4-5 eggs per day :)
  • fantasci2004
    fantasci2004 Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2016
    @britnaii22 I usually have 2 eggs for breakfast and then 2 for a snack. I don't feel myself being hungry, but I want to make sure I'm getting enough in to keep my metabolism going so that I do not plateau. Do you suggest that I eat more during a snack or a meal?
  • Elpha25
    Elpha25 Posts: 20 Member
    I lost 6lbs in my first week and 2.5lbs in my second week. It's week 3 and I have put on 2lbs! Nothing has changed in my diet, still sticking to 1200 calories a day, granted I don't do a lot of exercise other than walk the dog and about 5000 steps per day :( trying to remain positive and stick at it but I'm worried I'm doing something wrong! Please help!
  • juliayadda
    juliayadda Posts: 33 Member
    Elpha25 wrote: »
    I lost 6lbs in my first week and 2.5lbs in my second week. It's week 3 and I have put on 2lbs! Nothing has changed in my diet, still sticking to 1200 calories a day, granted I don't do a lot of exercise other than walk the dog and about 5000 steps per day :( trying to remain positive and stick at it but I'm worried I'm doing something wrong! Please help!

Third week is the WORST. Try not to get discouraged. This is a very very common result. I have the exact same stats. Week one 4 lbs, week two 2 lbs, and this week nothing.
  • Brittles927
    @fantasci2004 I honestly am not sure about that :( I would say more during your meal if you can fit it in to your calories.

If you go to atkins.com there are a ton of low carb recipes that may help you though :)
  • Brittles927
    I agree with @juliayadda the third week is always awful for me too! I would keep up with what your doing, make sure you're drinking enough water, and maybe add in a 20-30 minute cardio workout - even if you just dance for 20 minutes every day :)
  • bondgirl50
    bondgirl50 Posts: 42 Member
    @fantasci2004 - eat every 2 hours...snacks are usually small either fruit or vegs
    breakfast @ 7
    Snack @ 9, snack @ 11
    Lunch @ 1
    Snack @ 3, snack @ 5
    dinner @ 7
    Snack 8:30
    I try to stick to this a much as possible. Of course some days are harder than others...I will inbox so we can chat later...as we haven't since the weekend
  • Bibia2418
    Bibia2418 Posts: 80 Member
    this is a little dilemma and slightly off topic but on topic (sort of)...how you handle your hair? Do you wash hair before exercise or after? I do not like my hair not washed after exercise. It is not quite long enough to put up and go. I know it is really personal preference, but I don't like to wash my silver hair everyday, either. Anyone have any ideas? Private msgs are fine if this is too off topic. Thanks!
  • juliayadda
    I still only wash every two to three days. In the summer I may have to do it more, at least get it rinsed. My hair is so dry I just have to live with sweaty hair for a day or two.
  • Brittles927
    My hair gets oily really easily so I usually wash it after working out - and I try to work out in the mornings. I have to wash it daily which I know isn't good for it but would rather do that than not lol
  • poojaknsl
    poojaknsl Posts: 82 Member
    It depends on person to person as everyone has different type of hair. 3-4 months back i was thinking if i have to start exercising i have to wash my hairs daily. But now what i do is: i go to gym in the evening then i let my hair open for good 2 3 hours or sometime for whole night. I let them dry naturally and not combing much. Not combing helps less oil excretion. By the morning my hairs are dry no smell. By doing this i can go 3 to 4 days without washing.
  • juliayadda
    Well I finalllly saw the scale move! Broke 240 and I am sitting at 239.4. Week three is THE WORST. Anyone further along in their journey that can think of some other plateaus they came across?
  • History1027
    History1027 Posts: 68 Member
    juliayadda wrote: »
    Well I finalllly saw the scale move! Broke 240 and I am sitting at 239.4. Week three is THE WORST. Anyone further along in their journey that can think of some other plateaus they came across?

This last week I plateaued. I bounced between 222.2 - 221 ALL week! Today the scale finally moved down to 220.6!
  • gibbs1993
    gibbs1993 Posts: 23 Member
    Man, I've really been AWOL lately with eating right. I was doing great for a solid month to two months but lately I've felt absolutely exhausted and unmotivated and started caving in to cravings and then just kind of stopped watching what I ate altogether. I just felt really strange lately until a couple of nights ago, I found out that I am about 5 weeks pregnant (gestational)! My husband and I started trying late march and I can't believe I got pregnant on our first try! I am so excited, but plan to talk to the doctor about diet when I go for my first appointment. Anyone else here currently pregnant or been pregnant before while overweight/obese?
  • Brittles927
    How's everyone doing? Anyone have any NSV they'd like to share?
  • History1027
    My latest NSV - A trainer at the gym who was working with a client used me as an example of perfect form on an exercise I was doing.
  • Brittles927
    That's so awesome!! :)
  • History1027
    Today was one of the worst days since I started this new life style! Didn't have time to workout, was at an extended family event ALL day and had to eat junk food or starve (there was nothing else to eat). On top of that my mother (who I have always had a great relationship with) told me that she wouldn't bet money on me actually succeeding at loosing weight! Of course this happens right at a time I have been struggling staying motivated. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • Brittles927
    @History1027 - I know I already replied to this on another post but I just want to reiterate that we're all hear for you, don't let what she said bring you down. Some people think that tough love is motivating, and for some it is and for others it can break you down easily. Keep your chin up, remember, regardless of what anyone else says - this is your journey - not theirs. Focus on you, focus on your goals.

You've got this!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Something I think is really good for me with motivation and cravings - I actually stock up on small chocolates (right now it's mini solid easter eggs which are 33 calories each - it used to be m&ms which I would have 10 of at a time = 34 calories) - and I let myself have one or two every day - but only if my weight has gone down. If my weight was the same or higher than my previous weigh in, then I cut out the extra calories - it is great because I don't binge on a whole block of chocolate because I get a little every day, and when I restrict it I know it's because I was careless, so it's motivation to get on the horse again :)

I find this huge. I haven't actually cut anything out of what I eat, for the most part - I just cut it down. I usually have the small, Halloween size Smartie boxes in my house - it's like 45 calories, no big deal, and I eat them slower and actually enjoy them more now. Before, I'd plow through like 10 of those without thinking about it or really tasting them. I still have McDonald's once a week or so, but less of it. I enjoy it less, because I notice that it doesn't seem filling - I'm hungry pretty quick after eating it now. For me, it's super important to know that I can still have what I want when I want to, but in controlled amounts. If I tried to cut it out and not have it ever, I'd get stressed, and go out and binge on it.