Well i want a healthy diet to lose weight faster
  • nasimnasiri2016
    nasimnasiri2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Wow didnt know that
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2016
    Well i want a healthy diet to lose weight faster

She was being serious, count your calories and make sure you're on a deficit.

Start off with small deficit of 200 cals and tweak from there.

Healthy is relative.
    Vegetarians say eating meat is unhealthy.
    Vegans say eating anything that comes from animals is unhealthy.
    Then you got the guys that think we'll have world peace if everyone just stopped eating carbs after 6pm.

Just make some changes and go for it.
    Start somewhere and adjust as you go along.
    Be realistic and go with a diet that you'll be able to maintain and actually stick to.

Remember, caloric deficit is key.

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Having a calorie deficit is the best because it's the only diet I've found that I can eat pizza on.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    A diet that provides you with all the nutrients you need and an appropriate amount of calories, and doesn't contain any harmful toxins or anything you're allergic to, is a healthy diet. There are billions of possible ways to combine foods into a healthy diet. None of them are better than the others; just pick one you like. You can lose weight, as in predominantly fat, at a rate of about 1% of your body weight per week (as long as you are overweight. Weight loss at normal weight will be slower). A healthy diet won't make you lose weight faster than that. It can make you feel full so you don't feel the urge to overeat, but you can't speed up the process.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    A calorie deficit, like everyone has said.

And don't lose more than 2lbs per week if you want 'healthy'. Eat what you like, just weight it all on a food scale and log it accurately. No excuses. Also, ditch the idea of fast weight loss, this isn't healthy/safe.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Whatever you can stick with for the rest of your life.

Otherwise you'll just gain it all back when the "diet" ends.

This. If you want to lose weight and keep it off you have to change your lifestyle. If you like food a lot, like most of us here do, you're likely going to have to not only count calories like the rest of us but you're going to have to incorporate exercise as well on a regular basis. I averaged around 2lbs a week loss over a little more than a year to lose 115lbs total to reach my goal. I did it by logging everything I ate into MFP using a food scale, not cheating (except on major holidays - and even then I paid with more exercise, and exercising 6 days a week.

Even at maintenance I still work out 6 days a week. Eventually I will probably drop that to 4-5 days a week but as long as I am physically able I will keep it up at least that much because I discovered I like it. It also allows me to eat more and stay at my goal weight.

I always looked at it like this.. since I love food so much I have two choices. Become physically fit and active, or stay fat. Dieting for a long period then gaining it all back would be detrimental to my health.
  • nasimnasiri2016
    nasimnasiri2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks u all for the paitions and response, i asked this cus i wanted a routin for my diet now i can see this is not a great idea
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Thanks u all for the paitions and response, i asked this cus i wanted a routin for my diet now i can see this is not a great idea

Routine, as a plan and a structured diet, isn't bad. In fact, it's smart and something that helps a lot of us in here succeed. The plan/structure shouldn't be too rigid, though, and it must be tailored to your needs and preferences. You are most likely capable of putting together a meal plan based on your own preferences. If you make sure there's some fruit and vegs in it, it's going to be fine.